Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2014, 14:52   #31
BHPian

The new C is expected to start at around 42-43 lacs. As on date the C is available only in the grand edition or the edition c. They both come at around 42 on road without discounts.

What my SA told me was that the GLA should be between 32-37 and the CLA 35-42 when the non AMG models are launched.

The C looks stunning no doubt but I seriously hope that the high price doesn't hurt it much.

Rohan

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 15th June 2014, 15:34   #32
BHPian

Re: The New Baby S Class, the New Mercedes C Class - Peek-A-Boo!!

After I saw the thread posted by Eddy, which was about Team-Bhps visit to AMG factory and also got a chance to see and drive the new C class, I have been watching loads of videos on YouTube of the new C class and I just can't get enough. People who have driven it say its a huge improvement in driving dynamics and comes very close to the BMW3 series. This has never happened until now.

And just look at the interiors, my God. I have never been so excited in my life. This car will be my first premium sedan, God willingly, when it comes here. Like all of you, I also seriously hope they price it sensibly if they want to be competitive. Any ideas if this will be a CBU or a CKD?

Last edited by mod_to_odd : 15th June 2014 at 15:43.
Old 15th June 2014, 16:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod_to_odd View Post
Any ideas if this will be a CBU or a CKD?

Going by the latest trend in the Mercedes camp I expect them to come out with a launch edition car that will be a CBU will some extra goodies with the CKD following it soon enough.

Rohan

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 18:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Going by the latest trend in the Mercedes camp I expect them to come out with a launch edition car that will be a CBU will some extra goodies with the CKD following it soon enough.

Rohan
Will there be petrol and diesel both for the C250 when it comes to India? Does the current C have these options also?

Last edited by mod_to_odd : 15th June 2014 at 18:12.
Old 15th June 2014, 18:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Will there be petrol and diesel both for the C250 when it comes to India? Does the current C have these options also?
Not sure brother. Current line up is 220 Cdi and 200 petrol.

Rohan
Old 15th June 2014, 18:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

The new C is indeed a lovely design. Can't wait to catch it in person here.

More pictures, videos and reviews in this thread, even a production video. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-pg-5-a-7.html
Old 16th June 2014, 12:35   #37
BHPian

Re: Report: AMG Factory Visit & the 2014 Mercedes C-Class (W205)

Wonderful report on the Factory visit.
Thank you for sharing the AMG History along. It was a lovely insight.

Coming to the C, I'm just stuck at the sight of it! Both the exteriors and the interiors look no less than a work of art! I am liking the new MB design philosophy with those flowing lines and the star-on-the-grille. The grille is something, which across the range is doing wonders in enhancing the sportiness of the otherwise boring and more executive looks.

It's great to see them bringing a young feel to all their models. A red hot W-205 is what I'll drool over!
forester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 23:21   #38
Team-BHP Support

It looks a bit, "Honey, I shrunk the S-Class!" But I've got to say, it looks very nice! It's too bad that this segment is going to take one step up price-wise. A well kitted C may be in the region of 50-60 lakhs, and that's 5-Series money!

Personally, I love the direction Mercedes is headed. They're taking it up a notch!

With the launch of this, and the anticipated arrival of the new CLA and the GLA, BMW and Audi will have a lot of catching up to do.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 04:20   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
It looks a bit, "Honey, I shrunk the S-Class!" But I've got to say, it looks very nice! It's too bad that this segment is going to take one step up price-wise. A well kitted C may be in the region of 50-60 lakhs, and that's 5-Series money!

Personally, I love the direction Mercedes is headed. They're taking it up a notch!

With the launch of this, and the anticipated arrival of the new CLA and the GLA, BMW and Audi will have a lot of catching up to do.
"Honey, I shrunk the S-Class!" That was Good.
But please lets just pray its not that expensive, 50-60 . I know they have to create a gap for the CLA but that's just too much for a C class even with all the bells and whistles. Do you think they will launch this early next year? or Mid.
mod_to_odd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 07:04   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Very true. I think very soon we'll see the CLA (and competitors) in the starting from 30 lakhs territory, base C-class in the 40+ lakhs range, and so on. The luxury entry-level sedan in the vicinity of 20+ lakhs may remain as a dream
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 14:41   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But please lets just pray its not that expensive, 50-60 . I know they have to create a gap for the CLA but that's just too much for a C class even with all the bells and whistles. Do you think they will launch this early next year? or Mid.
Let's break it down, shall we?

So the A is around 30 lakhs, that would mean the CLA would be around 35 lakhs and the GLA, 40?

I'm assuming the base C's ex-showroom price will be just under 40 lakhs. The top-end variant with options should be close to 50 lakhs. Add to that the cost of road-tax, registration, insurance, octroi, etc. and you're looking at a big bill not too far from 60 lakhs. :(
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks