Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2006, 08:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bugatti going crazy 275 mph 1250hp going Veyron GT..

1250 Hp Veyron on its way

Man VW/Bugatti is going mad..they need to realise that this car makes no sense, they need to drop the weight to 3000 instead of 4200 lb and have the power be with the luxury round about the same , whats wrong with a company that owns lambo(oh wait what am i thinking..even lambos are over weight)

just plain stupid...
Old 21st July 2006, 10:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

I dont think its stupid. You need a heavy car to be stable at such high speeds, and anyway, they arent going to make many, so it wont be that much of a waste of resources.

Looks like they dont mind non-profitability of the whole Bugatti revival venture as logn as they stay in the news all the time.

And I guess this is also because Koenigsegg and Saleen now claim top speeds equal to that of the Veyron using lighter and more efficient supercars.

I suppose even without Piech at the helm with his nutter ideas, they still are going to do some pretty crazy stuff.

And these days, with so many supercar makers, you need to do something drastic to stand out, or your just another guy in the very crowded supercar world.
Old 21st July 2006, 12:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
whats wrong with a company that owns lambo(oh wait what am i thinking..even lambos are over weight)
Looks like you answered you're own question. LOL

Anybody who owns Lambo cant be sane. Lambos have been known for their "out of the world" designs and unpracticality.

But seriously, does it really take only 250bhp more to go from 252mph to 275mph? The drag/resistance at those speeds should be "Massive".

Anyway, is this gonna be a production car? I hope they have such plans.

A 275m'n'h, street legal, production car....hahaha.

Shan2nu
Old 21st July 2006, 12:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day

just plain stupid...
Power makes one greedy for more - you should know that by now, 1Day!
Old 21st July 2006, 13:16   #5
BHPian

Why dont they pin a set of wings on it and make it lift?

Where's my flying car?
Old 21st July 2006, 13:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Would you have the nerve to take it to anything past 430?
Old 21st July 2006, 14:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

I was just thinking about this car, when soemthign struck me.

Obviosuly this car is going to be crazily expensive. Obviously no one can reach 275 mph on any public highway.

So why dont Bugatti, when they sell a car to a customer, also sell him a testing time slot on the Nardo test track? I know it will be very difficult to obtain a time slot at Nardo, being full of prototypes (even Autocar guys had to carry out their high speed test in the night because they couldnt get a day slot), but it would only be logical to do so, and would act as a good demonstration of the car's capabilities, and some rather good publicity.

It will cost ratehr a lot more, but then owners who anyway pay that mcuh for a car in the first place shouldnt mind that.
Old 21st July 2006, 14:25   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
I dont think its stupid. You need a heavy car to be stable at such high speeds,
Not necessarily. Aerodynamics plays a big role with regrds to stablity. Typically I would agree with 1 Day. Bring weight down and increase power to weight ratio.
Old 21st July 2006, 15:42   #9
BHPian

well thats true, but with the speeds that the Veyron does, everything seems to matter, so its difficult to make even the slightest change, when they changed the rearview mirrors the charecteristics of the car changes, as they discovered that even the wingmirrors were generating downforce!!
Old 21st July 2006, 16:13   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I dont think its stupid. You need a heavy car to be stable at such high speeds, and anyway, they arent going to make many, so it wont be that much of a waste of resources.

A ferrari Enzo weighs only 1255 kgs. As much as my Mahindra Classic!

GTO
Old 21st July 2006, 18:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not necessarily. Aerodynamics plays a big role with regrds to stablity. Typically I would agree with 1 Day. Bring weight down and increase power to weight ratio.
But, i'm sure they wouldn't have made the car heavy on purpose. Most supercars don't come with 5 radiators (or is that 10), 4 turbos and what not. All that must be adding to the weight (inspite of the designers efforsts to keep it down).

Ofcourse, the cars weight wont play a major role in giving it stability at high speeds. The aerodynamics will take care of that.

Shan2nu
Old 21st July 2006, 18:13   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu

Ofcourse, the cars weight wont play a major role in giving it stability at high speeds. The aerodynamics will take care of that.

Shan2nu
Which is exactly what I have said.
Old 21st July 2006, 20:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

Islero, this car is not a super car by any means, its just a plain super fast GT cruiser, you cant imagine to drive this on a track and ejoy it, its meant for old fat people who dont care if it can go over 100 mph if that and are paying for the exclusivity...

As many have suggested you dont need weight for a car to be stable, its all about the aero at that point..

Jim's P4/5 is going to be comfortably doing 240+ mph almost as quick as the Bugatti and is like 60% the weight and the point is it has about 60% the power too, the P4/5 powered by FXX engine would have taken that light @$$ to 280+ mph without any sweat considering how aero dynamic that car is..

OH steeroid I understand power hunger without a doubt but getting it like the way lambo's and buggati's are getting them is not the right way, i mean when you make a supercar make it right, rather than using brute force...(i leave lambo out of this, cuz they atleast do it in style and i personally love them)

look at saleen s7 TT fine its not as nicely built and doesnt have that interior quality but surely it will push 275mph today if someone tested it with a lot of stability and style..and it would weigh about 1500 lb lighter than the bugatti..

anyhow i think its a useless car, would i own one, hell no..i would go and do what Jim did if i had that money, have pinanfarina make me a dream car (Pagani + SLR + Enzo + CGT characters mixed together) for that kind of dough..anyhow..in my opinion this is just plain dumb, rathey bugatti should have concentrated on making a 2+2 that looked hot, rather than an over grown VW beatle..

Last edited by 1Day : 21st July 2006 at 20:20.
Old 22nd July 2006, 03:17   #14
BHPian

1Day you make it sound like the Veyron is nothing but a fast Buick. Why do you think it will suck so bad on track? I am sure Bugatti has spent thousands of hours in the wind tunnel perfecting the design. Besides, Gordon Murray doesn't think so...

Quote:
"Bugatti says it's not a track car but a road car. But I enjoyed it more on the track than in the mountains. If I had one, that's all I'd do with it--take mates to the track and give them rides, show them what 1001 horsepower feels like when the turbos get going--and what the brakes are like. It's brilliant at that."
Follow this link for the full interview
http://www.motortrend.com/future/spi...eyron_concept/

You have to give credit where it is due. There is no one car in the world that is the best at everything. There is always another car that is better in one aspect or the other.
Old 22nd July 2006, 03:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

If he says so then it might be, but i still have my doubts in terms of feel, i mean sure its brute force, but really how can a pig be fun to drive on a track?

surely it does a lot of things nicely, but its doesnt do one thing best..you know what i mean..

its a great car no doubt, i saw one and it looked good, but it still looks like a over grown beetle...i dont know, its just not a perfect car..which it tried to be..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks