Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2006, 12:09   #16
BHPian

Funny...

When the Beemers were given a revamp, people said the original BMWs were better and the design shouldn't have been tampered with.

Ditto for Ducati, when Pierre Terrblanche fiddled with designs after the 916.

Now that BMW is trying to stick with the same lovely design, people think a revamp would have.....

Ferraris dont get revamped, yet people still....

Now, I ain't picking on anyone, but you guys say the crappy iDrive has been placed near the gearlever, so you speak from experience?
Haven't there been so many magazine test drivers who have said that the iDrive system is an add-on advantage in driving these vehicles?

P.S. I am sorry for all this but very touchy when it comes to Beemers...I wanna own one of them some day.

Last edited by turbo_v12 : 9th August 2006 at 12:16.
Old 9th August 2006, 12:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

I guess BMW has decided for once after a very long time to be Non bangle. and I like the car especially from ........all sides to be frank , I know it lookjs almost the same from side and back ...but from front...realy do you think it looks the same ? I think its more like porsches 911 design theme , small and subtle but very very effective , I am sure it will look a lot better in brighter colours where actual curves and cuts are more prominent.

Last edited by maxbhp : 9th August 2006 at 12:35.
Old 9th August 2006, 14:43   #18
BHPian

According to me it looks much better than the present X5. Much sporty and after adding the 3rd row I think it makes more sense for a SUV.

Have a look at the pictures on worldcafans.com looks so much better:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm...iled-in-detail

BMW is making alot of changes for good, next year the 3-series will also be offered in a hard top convertible which is what the fans have been waiting for...

Last edited by lancer80 : 9th August 2006 at 14:45.
Old 10th August 2006, 19:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
Funny...

Now, I ain't picking on anyone, but you guys say the crappy iDrive has been placed near the gearlever, so you speak from experience?
Haven't there been so many magazine test drivers who have said that the iDrive system is an add-on advantage in driving these vehicles?
please point me to the articles that says the idrive is an advantage. as far as i have seen all the reveiwers curse the idrive for being too complicated.
ive played around with a 2003 7series idrive and i too found it a bit complicated to use. im sure withing a week or 2 it will be easier. but again when a new driver steps into the car he/she is gonna be confused as hell.
Old 10th August 2006, 22:14   #20
BHPian

interior video of the new x5

youtube has many videos of the new x5. just search for "bmw new x5" if your interested.
Old 11th August 2006, 01:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal
please point me to the articles that says the idrive is an advantage. as far as i have seen all the reveiwers curse the idrive for being too complicated.
ive played around with a 2003 7series idrive and i too found it a bit complicated to use. im sure withing a week or 2 it will be easier. but again when a new driver steps into the car he/she is gonna be confused as hell.
Thats the problem, you are baseing this on the first gen of iDrive, we already have a 2nd gen and if I am not wrong an inbetween 2-3 gen as well, the X5 will probably get a 3rd gen, it was an innovative idea, thats why the new S class is using it, subaru has decided to use it and my driver who hasnt gone beyound 5th grade i suppose knows how to work the new S class iDrive style system, so its quite sad if well educated people find it hard...(funny Mercedes India has a class for all the drivers who will be driving the new S, my driver came back all happy that he came first in class )

Last edited by 1Day : 11th August 2006 at 01:59.
Old 11th August 2006, 04:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
Thats the problem, you are baseing this on the first gen of iDrive, we already have a 2nd gen and if I am not wrong an inbetween 2-3 gen as well, the X5 will probably get a 3rd gen, it was an innovative idea, thats why the new S class is using it, subaru has decided to use it and my driver who hasnt gone beyound 5th grade i suppose knows how to work the new S class iDrive style system, so its quite sad if well educated people find it hard...(funny Mercedes India has a class for all the drivers who will be driving the new S, my driver came back all happy that he came first in class )

idrive makes the dashboard look less cluttered too. Even the gear looks like its taking less space than before.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks