Audi A7 Quattro (MY 2016)
Audi A8 (MY 2016)
Audi A8L (MY 2016)
Audi Q5 (MY 2016)
Name:  Capture111.PNG
Views: 1340
Size:  182.4 KB

Source :- EPA page

Last edited by johannskaria : 14th November 2015 at 18:17.
johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 18:27   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VAG's emission fraud - VW cheats in emission test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
The emissions scandal that made Martin Winterkorn quit as VW group CEO has now seen him resign as Audi's chairman of the board as well, with no word on who his successor will be. While Winterkorn resigned from his post as VW CEO in September, he held on to other posts in company, which he is now relinquishing.
That's a bit cheeky! VWs executive employment not the same in real life conditions as in official test?

Well, he's quit now...
Old 15th November 2015, 11:15   #678
BHPian

I remember reading somewhere that it's only the EA189 engines that have the cheat code and that the EA288 engines do not.

I also read that all 2015 cars have the EA288 engine.

Now, that being the case, I am wondering how the EPA (and others) claim that the 2015 models are affected too. Alternately, VW may have been lying about the EA288 engines not being affected I suppose.

Anyway, that brings me to a question: Is there any way to find out if my Jetta (bought in May 2015) has the EA189 or EA288 engine? I mean, just because the Western world has the EA288 engines does not necessarily mean that the India models have them too, correct?

Cheers
Old 16th November 2015, 14:22   #679
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Will wonders never cease. Who would have thought!

Quote:
Two months into the emissions cheating scandal that has sullied the Volkswagen brand, dealers are running into an unexpected challenge: They don't have enough vehicles to sell.
Quote:
Instead of seeing customers flee the brand in the wake of its emissions debacle, the VW brand posted flat year-over-year U.S. sales in October as demand for gasoline models surged amid heavy incentives, including a $2,000 loyalty discount for returning VW owners.

The deals helped VW offset the loss of diesel sales, which are frozen by the emissions-related stop-sale order. They also helped clean out much of VW's salable inventory.
Quote:
"We had our best-ever October in terms of new VW sales, and just doing that with gas models and no TDIs in the mix left our shelves pretty thin going into November," said Marc White, vice president of Steve White VW-Audi in Greenville, S.C.
Quote:
It's not just the high-volume Passats and Golfs that are in short supply.

A key shortage is the Tiguan compact crossover, a generally low-volume product for VW nationally that last month posted its best month on record, helped by hefty incentives and a lower sticker price for the 2016 model year.
Source & Full Article - Autonews.com
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 14:54   #680
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Group worldwide sales down 3.5 percent in Jan-Oct , but shows a mix of high's and low's in sales when comparing Oct-15/ 14.

Quote:
The worldwide deliveries, however, did not present a uniform picture. Sales of the Volkswagen brand in certain markets reflected especially the current diesel issue as a result of sales stoppages for the vehicles affected, as a result of which sales fell by 5.3 percent in October. At the same time, the Audi premium brand grew deliveries (+2.0 percent), and there was a significant increase at sports car manufacturer Porsche (+18.2 percent). As regards the various markets, there was a downward trend in Europe (-1.5 percent) at the same time as growth in North America (+6.8 percent). While the market situation in South America remains challenging, the Group deliveries in China rose slightly in October (+1.6 percent).
VAG's emission fraud - VW cheats in emission test-capture.jpg

http://www.autocarpro.in/news-intern...t-jan-oct-9683

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th November 2015 at 14:57.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 22:07   #681
Senior - BHPian

VW preparing to buy back cars affected by mis-reported CO2 emissions.

Quote:
According to the Financial Times, if VW's re-testing of those affected vehicles reveals that CO2 emissions have been understated by more than 10%, then customers will have the opportunity to sell their cars back to VW at the current market value.
Sources: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/in...irregularities

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8e246afa-8...#axzz3rfoqnU4R

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 16th November 2015 at 22:12. Reason: Added FT Source
Old 16th November 2015, 22:09   #682

guys...do you think buying a polo makes sense (new or used). price for polo in used car market came down. What do you think guys, will there be a problem in future?
Old 16th November 2015, 22:46   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorboat2992 View Post
guys...do you think buying a polo makes sense (new or used). price for polo in used car market came down. What do you think guys, will there be a problem in future?
IMHO, this is the best time to buy any VW car. But used Polo, 3 cylinder engine, diesel or petrol - avoid. You will very soon get bored.

If you get a 1.6L diesel, go for it.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 08:30   #684
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen is preparing to buy back some of the vehicles affected by CO2 irregularities in Europe. And other updates:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCar UK

1) According to the Financial Times, if VW's re-testing of those affected vehicles reveals that CO2 emissions have been understated by more than 10%, then customers will have the opportunity to sell their cars back to VW at the current market value.

A statement from Volkswagen says the company has identified 430,000 VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat models from the 2016 model year which are affected by CO2 irregularities, which form part of the 800,000 total revealed last week.

2) EPA has claimed it has found more evidence of the VW running an illegal defeat device on its 3.0L diesel engines, saying the scandal has now widened to affect Porsche. It has identified the VW Touareg, Porsche Cayenne and Audi A6, A7, A8, A8L and Q5 as being potentially affected.

3) And finally some good news: The EA288 engines - sold in 1.6- and 2.0-litre versions across the VW Group's range of brands - does not contain the 'defeat device' software.
Source
Old 17th November 2015, 11:46   #685
BHPian

I think VW's offering to buy the cars back "at market value" is a bit disingenuous. Current market value for affected VWs will be rock bottom.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 13:51   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Will wonders never cease. Who would have thought!
Honestly speaking, I am not surprised. Please don't mistake me - I am not in support of this cheat scam.

This scam is not about lack of:

1. Technology
2. Performance
3. Quality / Reliability

Today, global warming / pollution is a highly discussed subject. But every thing said and done, general public has a tendency to take this scam "with a pinch of salt". People will be more worried about the company's financial health after things settles down, rather than the scam itself. After-all, customers need the company to be strong to support them in the time of need.

As these engines (used in the lower segment cars like Polo / Fabia / Jetta / Octy) are capable of delivering much higher power / torque, VW will have some means to retain performance (my guess), after the changes are implemented - Atleast for the lower segment cars which are for the masses. Only time can confirm this - just another quarter left at the max, for the "D" day.

Yes. In some part of the world, customers have lost out on concession provided by the Govt, for lower emission. But, that is it - Right?

To me, the biggest challenge for VW is to:

1. PAY the fine imposed and come-out clean.
2. Stay afloat - by selling products with minimum margin, to attract customers.
3. Make necessary hardware / software changes to permanently iron-out the problem.
4. Take care of current Customer's sentiments after the correction is implemented.

VW will come out of this for sure and that too, stronger than before - Question is, how much of a head-start will they loose in this battle? Their financial muscle is sure to be weakened. One positive outcome is; VW will be leaner and less arrogance after this - Good for the customers.

Situation will be tailor-made for competitors like Toyota, who are currently capable of taking advantage.

Any left-over heart-burn will very soon be forgotten.
Chethan B G is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 17:32   #687
BHPian

VW says CO2 cheats affect more petrol engines than previously disclosed.

news on Reuters: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0T523T20151116

Although bad news, appreciate VAG acknowledging blunders from its own mouth.
Old 18th November 2015, 23:05   #688
BHPian

http://mybs.in/2S24WSZ

In the coming weeks, customers will be able to determine if their vehicle is affected by checking the vehicle identification number (VIN) of their car on the automaker's website. The German carmaker is constantly reporting its findings to the relevant authorities and will discuss the new CO2 figures for the affected vehicles with German Federal Vehicle and Transport Authority (KBA).

Models which have been recognized as affected are:

1. Audi A1

2. Seat Ibiza

3. Seat Toledo

4. Seat Leon

5. Skoda Fabia

6. Skoda Rapid

7. Skoda Octavia

8. Skoda Yeti

9. Skoda Superb

10. Volkswagen Polo

11. Volkswagen Tiguan

12. Volkswagen Jetta

13. Volkswagen Scirocco

14. Volkswagen Golf

15. Volkswagen Touran

16. Volkswagen Passat

17. Volkswagen CC

18. Volkswagen Caddy

19. Volkswagen T6
Old 20th November 2015, 09:51   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen finds a Solution to fix the EA189 engines - Brazil.

Of the 11 million cars involved, 8.5 million are in Europe, where Volkswagen has distributed the EA189 in versions 1.2 TDI, 1.6 TDI and 2.0 TDI.

Quote:
In the case of 1.2 and 2.0 engines, Volkswagen will only need to update the software so that the nitrogen oxide emissions back to normal levels. It is believed that the modification will be available very soon in dealers.

But the 1.6 TDI will give more work. The diesel propellant must receive the new software as well as having their beaks replaced guns. However, the biggest change is the catalyst that needs to be larger. This engine has affected 3.6 million units in Europe. Still, in no case AdBlue (ARLA 32) will be required.
http://www.noticiasautomotivas.com.b...do-dieselgate/
Old 20th November 2015, 11:29   #690
BHPian

It would be good if we could get info from owners in Brazil (or anywhere else where the software-only solution is being implemented) as to how the update has affected their cars' performance and fuel consumption.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks