Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2006, 13:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Prob with DC is that he tries to make every car look radical. But to make something radical, you need to think and live radical (which DC isn't).
Maybe his cars are horrible but saying he doesnt think radicle is not fair. Definately you must have seen the volvo he did called grython.The interiors of that thing were straight out of a sci-fi flick.Radicle here would be an understatement.Now just to make myself clear,his body mods are a lil too wacky but he is capable of some decent stuff.
binz
PS:Google pulls up a t-bhp thread when you search for dc grython.
Old 8th September 2006, 15:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

All I can say is DC is father of Bangle when it comes to design philosophy but I gotta say some of his cars were awesome for its time one example is the Sierra used for the Pepsi ad . As someone had already pointed out his fit a finish level is way way above Indian Industry Standard no wonder Aston wanted him to make the prototype. One thing is for sure , the guy is making money and he sure is going places too !!!! Good for him ... but as far as enthusiasts are concerned he is still the Father of all Bangles

Last edited by maxbhp : 8th September 2006 at 15:43.
Old 8th September 2006, 15:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe his cars are horrible but saying he doesnt think radicle is not fair. Definately you must have seen the volvo he did called grython.The interiors of that thing were straight out of a sci-fi flick.Radicle here would be an understatement.Now just to make myself clear,his body mods are a lil too wacky but he is capable of some decent stuff.
Dude, he used a bus....a BUS!!! How can modifying a bus be radical???

Why do Autopsyche's modifications interest us more?

That bcos he thinks radically, but to a point where his customers and the general public can relate to his work.

His cars don't just look good, they perform good as well.

Ofcourse, you can get it right every single time. Every designer will have a few bad ones but DC i'm afraid, has more bad ones than good.

Shan2nu
Old 8th September 2006, 16:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

DC's designs, in my opinion , appeal to some or not, was never more than skin deep. There isn't much attention paid to the inner details of a car.

Secondly when you mod a certain car, some part of its original character should show, Guys like Autopsyche build on the original to keep the original car alive.

Thirdly there should be some design cue's. Calling him father of Bangle, is also not right, cos Bangle has a design theme, its a different matter that not many people including me dont like it. A classical musician becomes one after a lot of hours spent studying music involving a lot of dedication.
Old 8th September 2006, 16:34   #20
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Earth to DC... Earth to DC, for f**k's sake stop making those horrid designs. Mind you, hes not the worst, there are worse. But why the hell is he so bad???
Old 8th September 2006, 16:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D
Calling him father of Bangle, is also not right, cos Bangle has a design theme, its a different matter that not many people including me dont like it. A classical musician becomes one after a lot of hours spent studying music involving a lot of dedication.
Dude Chill !!!! by the way dont say he lacks originality and some of them arent bad either .
i respect the stand he has in his profession but am not a big fan of his designs thats all i had meant

Last edited by maxbhp : 8th September 2006 at 16:40.
Old 8th September 2006, 16:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan united
Earth to DC... Earth to DC, for f**k's sake stop making those horrid designs. Mind you, hes not the worst, there are worse. But why the hell is he so bad???
HAHAHAHAHA Mumbai we have a problem!! But yes I agree with you there are worse modders than him and some of them exist right here in Delhi.

Personally I have never liked his designs & this was reaffirmed when I saw his latest creation the Accord coupe at the Auto Expo. I mean it's one thing to have an ugly car and another to paint it sh1t yellow & green, enhances the vomit factor x10!!
Old 8th September 2006, 18:04   #23
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I've seen two of DC modded rides parked at Autopsyche for "re-modding" ... speaks a lot bout his work and our very own autopsyche's work.
Old 8th September 2006, 18:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

1>.dc modified vehicle[ unable to guess]

2>. How do you hide your face at traffic stops

3>.

4>. Why?

[Image quality poor sorry]So can we forgive dc?
Old 8th September 2006, 18:45   #25
BANNED

DC!! is DC!!!
Dare Crucification!

Take any road worthy car to him and He'll just dare to crucify it!

The Sclass designer has just taken the baton from him. He even went to the extent that people thought it was a cartoon job.

Ok, DC's jobs (cant call them designs) are well hyped and given more credit. It's just a shock and awe procedure.
Well, like an overweight 60 year old lady in the nude! Everybody will be shocked, awwed and will talk of it for sometime. But 99% will not like it. And ofcourse, there'll be some who will fantasise it and praise it. Yes, that's world!!
Old 9th September 2006, 01:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rahul, *** is that black car? A Porsche-Bentley? Haha

Man that yellow car has the worst rear bumper ever. Me thinks, DC has his watchman, mali and cook doing overtime.

These don't look like the work of a qualified (?) designer.

Shan2nu
Old 9th September 2006, 04:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

The red was an Ambassador, and the Black a Phantom. SHOCKING!
Old 9th September 2006, 09:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

DC Designs didn't design the Aston Martin V8, but they at least built the prototype. Why can't they make use of that experience? They are VERY capable enough, but I don't see their designs going in the right direction. Its always looking forward to some wierd spaceship designs. And don't even start discussing about motorcycles. For now, judging by the previous cars built, DC Designs is 95% ridiculous for exterior design.

DC's interior works are AMAZING!!! The best I've seen. Not even Parekh Coach Builders come close.
Old 9th September 2006, 11:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DC Designs didn't design the Aston Martin V8, but they at least built the prototype. Why can't they make use of that experience?
Thats bcoz building requires skill and labour, while designing requires talent and creativity.

Shan2nu
Old 9th September 2006, 12:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Hey Rahul, *** is that black car? A Porsche-Bentley? Haha

Shan2nu

Dc Porche-bently

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks