Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2017, 11:03   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Spied: Next-gen 2017 Toyota Camry

Live images of the all-new Toyota Camry from the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

Next-gen 2017 Toyota Camry. EDIT: Revealed at Detroit Auto Show-2018toyotacamrydetroit2017.jpg

Next-gen 2017 Toyota Camry. EDIT: Revealed at Detroit Auto Show-2018toyotacamrydetroit20172.jpg

Next-gen 2017 Toyota Camry. EDIT: Revealed at Detroit Auto Show-2018toyotacamrydetroit20174.jpg

Next-gen 2017 Toyota Camry. EDIT: Revealed at Detroit Auto Show-2018toyotacamrydetroit20175.jpg

Next-gen 2017 Toyota Camry. EDIT: Revealed at Detroit Auto Show-2018toyotacamrydetroit20173.jpg

Next-gen 2017 Toyota Camry. EDIT: Revealed at Detroit Auto Show-2018toyotacamrydetroit20171.jpg

And two official videos:

RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 11:13   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Live images of the all-new Toyota Camry from the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
Thank you for the images. I found a few images in Motortrend where i feel it looks just amazing. I am not sure Toyota has given this kind of interiors in the recent past.

Take a look.

Next-gen 2017 Toyota Camry. EDIT: Revealed at Detroit Auto Show-2018toyotacamryhybridxleinterior.jpg

Next-gen 2017 Toyota Camry. EDIT: Revealed at Detroit Auto Show-2018toyotacamryhybridxlecenterstackscreen.jpg

Source
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/toyot...-drive-review/
rohitoasis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 22:12   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Next-gen 2017 Toyota Camry. EDIT: Revealed at Detroit Auto Show

Oh no. The ubiquitous Toyota CASIO font digital clock is gone.

Maybe since this is a proper generation shift, (most of the previous generations had carried over underpinnings, or engines, even the basic body shape between generations), they thought would be better to do away with it. Though I liked it.

If the handling reports of the TNG based Prius is anything to go by, this will be a good handler; what with the lowered wider body, lower CG, rear double wishbone suspension et al. Direct injection petrol engines, plus standard eight speed transmission with the 2.5l engine claiming a thermal efficiency touching 40%.

But what's doubtful is the ASEAN market version. The styling maybe more restrained and mature, like the present generation. And it will have more creature comforts for the chauffeur driven markets.

BUT, won't the lower body and all take a toll on the rear seat comfort?
Already the present Camry rear seat is a bit low. If it's even lower in the new model...

But then, ASEAN sales isn't a patch on the rest of the world who self drives Camrys.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 22:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Does anyone else find the front end in the first two images ugly? I find it quite distasteful, and think that they are taking this new Lexus design theme too far.

The Camry is supposed to be a classy looking saloon, not trying to compete with Alien vs Predator on the looks front

Last edited by Joxster : 11th January 2017 at 22:51.
Joxster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 23:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
Does anyone else find the front end in the first two images ugly? I find it quite distasteful, and think that they are taking this new Lexus design theme too far.

The Camry is supposed to be a classy looking saloon, not trying to compete with Alien vs Predator on the looks front
I am with you, the classy look is gone. And I don't think even the ongoing generation looked classy. Now all the manufacturers are sticking to the "family fascia" , so cannot expect more from Toyota.

IMHO, Accord and Sonata looks more classier than Camary now. For the current generation Toyota has done a heavy face lift which was unheard in the past.
Old 26th May 2017, 17:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen 2017 Toyota Camry. EDIT: Revealed at Detroit Auto Show

ASEAN-spec 2018 Toyota Camry revealed

Toyota has unveiled the new-gen Camry for the ASEAN markets. The automaker had globally revealed the US-spec model earlier this year at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. India is expected to get the ASEAN-spec model, with its launch scheduled sometime next year.

Next-gen 2017 Toyota Camry. EDIT: Revealed at Detroit Auto Show-2018toyotacamry.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 26th May 2017 at 17:39.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 17:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

This is Toyota waking up and screaming out loud - 'I am not boring anymore. Please buy more'.

I must add- it does look good.
Old 26th May 2017, 23:27   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

So the ASEAN spec Camry will be the same as the LE/XLE variants of the USDM Camry.
Make sense as carmakers are shifting to a more one world, one style policy, and its more elegantly styled than the sporty XSE/SE variants.

So the different styling that the ASEAN Camry/Aurion had is now gone, and I guess the interiors would also remain the same across all markets.

(the 4 spoke steering wheel...gone... :( )
Old 26th May 2017, 23:52   #24
BHPian

Love the interior . exterior is ok. typical lexus copy. when is this car coming to india ? any ideas anyone ? current hybrid is 43 lacs on road mumbai. hopefully this doesnt become 50 lacs on road mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks