Team-BHP > BHP Worldwide > The International Automotive Scene

Old 17th June 2019, 11:20   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Driving the Jaguar F-Type on track at the Jaguar Art of Performance Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
These vehicle reactions are super exaggerated when on low grip surfaces like ice. Here's a video of me driving (sliding actually ) the F-Type SVR on ice. It was much easier to hold the slide with AWD. We did the same activity on the RWD V6 and that required superhuman effort to keep it sliding just correctly.
So true. On super slippery surfaces, the role of AWD cant be debated against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
So true. I've been able to keep up with more powerful cars on track and on back roads thanks to the AWD and paddle shifters.
Oh yes, i remember that drive.

Quote:
We just keep improving don't we! This time I learnt that I wasn't looking at the next corner soon enough. I was focusing in the current corner more so. It's amazing how the professional drivers manage to teach so much in 2-3 laps.
I learnt a lot too, during the few laps we got with those instructors. Nothing like the real thing to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIMR View Post
Great report guys! Absolutely love the F-Type SRV. It is probably the best looking Jag since the legendary E-Type. The V8 has a wonderful note to it. I am sure you must have come home wanting for more!
Indeed! Now we're looking for the next event we can get to.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2019, 19:48   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Driving the Jaguar F-Type on track at the Jaguar Art of Performance Tour

Quote:
Do work for a racing team or an automaker?
Yes. I am an instructor. Currently, mostly involved with the Jaguar Art of Performance Tour India, but I also do other events.
jalsa777 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 09:21   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes. I am an instructor. Currently, mostly involved with the Jaguar Art of Performance Tour India, but I also do other events.
That's awesome. Envious would be an understatement.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2019, 10:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Awesome! That's great to know.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote