Team-BHP - Toyota's Yaris-based Compact SUV. EDIT: Unveiled as Yaris Cross
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Toyota's Yaris-based Compact SUV. EDIT: Unveiled as Yaris Cross (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/210133-toyotas-yaris-based-compact-suv-edit-unveiled-yaris-cross-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4850116)

Attachment 2033647

Source: Toyota

Okay, totally :OT but this shade looks like perfect new-gen Kaali-Peeli alternative stupid:

The Australasian New Car Assessment Programme has awarded the Australia/New Zealand-spec Toyota Yaris Cross a full five star safety rating. Most tests conducted by ANCAP locally in Australia except the frontal MPDB test which was carried out for Euro NCAP by the Applus IDIADA laboratory, and extended to Australia, indicating the possibility of separate Euro NCAP ratings for the car being revealed soon. Find the results at https://t.co/uGN0XvQTeX?amp=1.
https://youtu.be/7pPPQuqLTLo

What surprises me is that considering every other test than the MPDB test should have symmetric performance, ANCAP chose to use LHD ratings on only the MPDB test and used an RHD car for the others, instead of the other way round (MPDB on an RHD car and other tests from Euro NCAP) which would have made more sense to me.

Noteworthy point is that the Yaris Cross performed very mediocrely in the frontal MPDB test. Though not directly comparable to a 64km/h static ODB test, injury measures were poor leading to low scores for some regions after application of modifiers (potential for concentrated loading on the knees and variable contact of the knees on the dash)
Name:  Screenshot 20210924 at 9.22.29 AM.png
Views: 613
Size:  38.8 KB

Wonder why these things cannot be brought to India. With hybrid and AWD, this will sell well in the 20-31L segment competing with the compass. Sure it does not look as good as the Compass and may not feel premium. But Toyota can get away with a lot because of their brand value. AWD and EV mode will give it unique positioning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron178 (Post 5157424)
.......What surprises me is that considering every other test than the MPDB test should have symmetric performance, ANCAP chose to use LHD ratings on only the MPDB test and used an RHD car for the others, instead of the other way round (MPDB on an RHD car and other tests from Euro NCAP) which would have made more sense to me.......

This is an interesting observation from your end. Thanks for pointing it out and sharing it here. It does remind me of the RHD 2.0 MJD rumour/speculation, but I guess I will have to hold my horses and refrain myself from jumping to conclusions without NCAP data for the other configurations.

Toyota Yaris Cross aces the Euro NCAP tests:

Toyota's Yaris-based Compact SUV. EDIT: Unveiled as Yaris Cross-1.jpg

The Toyota Yaris Cross follows hot on the heels of the Mirai and Yaris with another five-star rating. The car, available at petrol and HEV petrol, was tested partly in Australia and Europe, two important markets for the Yaris Cross. The result is published in collaboration with sister organization ANCAP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3NK...annel=EuroNCAP

Today I was at a Toyota dealership and was discussing that Toyota doesn't have a product in its lineup around 15-20 lacs, he agreed with me on this. Then he told me, if i want a true blue toyota and not the rebadged Urban Cruiser - I need to wait for sometime as this Yaris Cross will be launched here in about 6 months with prices inside 20 lacs. He also told about Belta coming which we all know.

Some good news might be coming from Toyota Finally.

P.S : He didn't even let me check UC, as he said its not what i'm looking for :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker (Post 5238161)
....was discussing that Toyota doesn't have a product in its lineup around 15-20 lacs, he agreed with me on this. Then he told me, if i want a true blue toyota and not the rebadged Urban Cruiser - I need to wait for sometime as this Yaris Cross will be launched here in about 6 months with prices inside 20 lacs... He didn't even let me check UC, as he said its not what i'm looking for :D

Aah. That old proud Toyota salesman. :)

Was really sad to see Toyota SAs struggling to deliver a sales pitch for the Glanza and Urban Cruiser, when only a few months back they were proudly flaunting Toyota engineering, four star GNCAP rating of the Etios and displaying testimonials of customers who had 2 lakh plus kms on their odometer.

Back to topic, guess he is misinformed. Or maybe told by his seniors that to take the place of the cheapest proper Toyota in the showroom, there will a be a vehicle replacing the Yaris. So he assumed it would be a Yaris Cross. Guess Toyota is finding it hard to bring TNGA based models below the 20lakhs mark. So, we will be getting only DNGA based ones under 20 lakhs. He must have meant the DNGA based Creta rival.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DicKy (Post 5238351)
Aah. That old proud Toyota salesman. :)

Was really sad to see Toyota SAs struggling to deliver a sales pitch for the Glanza and Urban Cruiser, when only a few months back they were proudly flaunting Toyota engineering, four star GNCAP rating of the Etios and displaying testimonials of customers who had 2 lakh plus kms on their odometer.

Back to topic, guess he is misinformed. Or maybe told by his seniors that to take the place of the cheapest proper Toyota in the showroom, there will a be a vehicle replacing the Yaris. So he assumed it would be a Yaris Cross. Guess Toyota is finding it hard to bring TNGA based models below the 20lakhs mark. So, we will be getting only DNGA based ones under 20 lakhs. He must have meant the DNGA based Creta rival.

Quite possible that he might be misinformed, but there were one or two other things that he told me which were quite unusual to say the least. The first thing he told me was related to this Yaris itself, he showed me a board there related to Smart Hybrid and told me the Yaris will be carrying the same Hybrid tech available in Camry.
I assume he might be making up a story.

The other thing which i was quite surprised about was related to the Toyota U-Trust cars that they have, not saying related to other manufacturer's cars but even their own Toyota cars, if they have a car thats in warranty, they check the car thoroughly and then sell it providing one year of warranty on it. But if the car is out of warranty - they don't even repair it properly, just pass it on as they purchase it. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker (Post 5238802)
,...he showed me a board there related to Smart Hybrid and told me the Yaris will be carrying the same Hybrid tech available in Camry.
I assume he might be making up a story.

Could be right on that one. The D22 project Creta rival is strongly rumoured to have a proper full blown hybrid like the Camry has.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joker (Post 5238802)
The other thing which i was quite surprised about was related to the Toyota U-Trust cars that they have, not saying related to other manufacturer's cars but even their own Toyota cars, if they have a car thats in warranty, they check the car thoroughly and then sell it providing one year of warranty on it. But if the car is out of warranty - they don't even repair it properly, just pass it on as they purchase it. :confused:

Must have generalized. It need not be in warranty. The car should be less than 7 years old or run less than 150k kms. If the car is still under warranty, they will offer the 1 year warranty after the existing one finishes. Ofcourse, older cars and non-Toyota cars are sold like any ordinary used car dealer.
https://www.toyotautrust.in/certification#!

Toyota Yaris Cross Is The World Urban Car Of The Year (2022)

Toyota's Yaris-based Compact SUV. EDIT: Unveiled as Yaris Cross-fqocm_exwaehcr.jpg

The Yaris Cross GR Sport for Europe.

New Toyota Yaris Cross GR SPORT Delivers Performance Spirit and Style. New GR SPORT to expand the Yaris Cross compact SUV range

-Sports styling inspired by multi-World Championship-winning TOYOTA GAZOO Racing
-Suspension tuned for enhanced steering, roll and grip feel
-GR SPORT exclusive exterior and interior features
-New Yaris Cross GR SPORT available in Europe in Q3 2022

The GR SPORT is also equipped with the Toyota T-Mate package of advanced active safety and driver assistance features.

Hybrid Powertrain:

The Yaris Cross GR SPORT is powered by Toyota’s highly efficient three-cylinder, 1.5-litre Hybrid Dynamic Force engine. The powertrain’s long stroke, high-speed combustion, high 14:1 compression ratio, and temperature and pressure controls help the unit achieve a high 40% thermal efficiency. CO2 and fuel economy performance of the Yaris Cross GR SPORT is targeted to be on par with the Yaris Cross Elegant and Adventure grade models.

Name:  800_2022yariscrossgrsdet001.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  65.9 KB

Name:  800_2022yariscrossgrsext005.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  800_2022yariscrossgrsext003.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  42.9 KB

Name:  800_2022yariscrossgrsext006.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  47.4 KB

Name:  800_2022yariscrossgrsext004.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  47.9 KB

Name:  800_2022yariscrossgrsext007.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  800_2022yariscrossgrsdet005.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  49.9 KB

Source: Toyota

New Yaris Cross for ASEAN market. Coming in 2023.

Quote:

The Toyota Yaris Cross could be coming to the greater ASEAN market as soon as next year, but it will be different from the model of the same name that's currently sold in Japan and certain markets, plus it's likely to replace the Toyota Rush.
Quote:

Sources close to Indonesian media says that the Rush (twin to the Daihatsu Terios, and Perodua Aruz ) could be discontinued in 2023, while the Terios will soldier on with its rear-wheel drive format.
The Rush will be replaced with a front-wheel drive LSUV (Low SUV) that's likely to be named the Yaris Cross.

Quote:

this Yaris Cross will differ from the one currently sold in Japan and few other regions, being an all-new seperate model.
This "Yaris Cross" is said to come in October 2023, using the same Daihatsu New Global Architecture (DNGA) platform that's used by the all-new Toyota Vios.

Link

7-seater DNGA Yaris Cross, arriving as early as Oct 2023.

Toyota's Yaris-based Compact SUV. EDIT: Unveiled as Yaris Cross-41253788c2d64dfb9c5faa7fd66b7325_1200.jpg

Indonesian Version of Yaris Cross will be the 7-seater version of the Yaris Cross is currently undergoing tests in Indonesia.

Despite sharing the name as the TNGA (Toyota New Global Architecture) Yaris Cross, the 7-seater Rush replacement is rumoured to use the same DNGA (Daihatsu New Global Architecture) platform as the all-new Vios.

Quote:

The engine will be the same as the one used on Avanza or Veloz. It uses a 1,500 cc engine and has the option of a manual transmission or CVT
Quote:

the upcoming DNGA Yaris Cross could carry over the same naturally-aspirated 1.5-litre engine as the outgoing Rush. The 2NR-VE dual VVT-i unit (104 PS/136 Nm) is said to be paired with either a manual transmission or a D-CVT.
The 7-seater DNGA Yaris Cross is also rumoured to be launched in October 2023 with a front-wheel-drive (FWD) layout.

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 5418897)
7-seater DNGA Yaris Cross, arriving as early as Oct 2023....Indonesian Version of Yaris Cross will be the 7-seater version of the Yaris Cross is currently undergoing tests in Indonesia...Despite sharing the name as the TNGA (Toyota New Global Architecture) Yaris Cross, the 7-seater Rush replacement is rumoured to use the same DNGA (Daihatsu New Global Architecture) platform as the all-new Vios.

The current Rush itself has blurred the lines between SUV and MPV.

With this future iteration, wonder what is going to be the differentiating factor between this and the Avanza/Veloz.

A longer, higher bonnet?

Toyota Yaris Crossover on the DNGA platform, the 1.5 / 1.5 Hybrid petrol powerhouse is set to launch in Thailand in the third quarter of this year.

Current Toyota Yaris First official launch in Thailand as of August 9, 2022, the Full Modelchange of EcoCar / B-Segment vehicles for emerging markets was built on the basis of DNGA Platform (Daihatsu New Global Architecture), another platform that has been developed to be flexible to be applied to other sub-compact vehicles such as Crossover SUVs.

Toyota's Yaris-based Compact SUV. EDIT: Unveiled as Yaris Cross-toyotayariscrossoverd03b.jpg

Toyota Motor (Thailand) is preparing to launch the new B-Segment Crossover SUV, the Wolrd Premiere, for emerging markets, built on the basis of DNGA engineering structure in conjunction with Toyota Yaris ATIV under project code D03B.

Powerhouse It is expected to be available in 2 formats:

Gasoline 1.5 liters

Quote:

4.16-litre DOHC 1-valve 5-cylinder petrol engine without compressed air Paired with a variable-ratio cvt automatic transmission, front-wheel drive.
Petrol 1.5 Litre Hybrid (e-Smart)

4.16-litre DOHC 1-valve 5-cylinder petrol engine without compressed air It serves to generate electricity for the drive motor assembly. It has a similar operating principle to Nissan's e-POWER powerhouse.
While the model of the suspension the front will remain a MacPherson Strut autonomous model and the rear is semi-autonomous, Torsion Beam, with some parts expected to be used in conjunction with the Yaris ATIV, but adapted to better suit the driving style and crossover style.
Toyota's Yaris-based Compact SUV. EDIT: Unveiled as Yaris Cross-toyotayarisativcrossprojecao-1.jpg

Toyota's Yaris-based Compact SUV. EDIT: Unveiled as Yaris Cross-toyotayarisativcrossprojecao.jpg

The launch schedule for the new B-Segment Crossover SUV will take place from the end of Q3 to the beginning of Q4 2023.

Link