Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2007, 10:23   #31
Team-BHP Support

This appeared in the Mumbai Mirror this morning:

Mirror Linky
Old 8th March 2007, 10:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Buddy something wrong with your math here. 830,000 Euros is 4.9 crores (1 Euro = Rs.59).

Btw, i thought that the car is worth 800K and this buyer bought it for 100K more.

How can the cost of the repair be equivalent to cost of the car
I quoted what was given in Mumbai Mirror and oops it is 830,000 Pounds and not Euros

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 8th March 2007 at 10:42.
Old 8th March 2007, 10:47   #33
BANNED

funny thing an indian owned such a car and managed to this. maybe he was from mumbai or delhi and was too exited to find space and floored it and then this...
Old 8th March 2007, 10:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
I quoted what was given in Mumbai Mirror and oops it is 830,000 Pounds and not Euros
This is what it will cost the guy if the car is written off - not the repair cost.
Old 8th March 2007, 18:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post

Dont YOU wish you were a "filthy rich idiot" to be able to afford a super car! and atleast not a filty rich idiot to crash it!! May GOD make you a Filty Rich -----
we should refrain from calling the rich people what we call them, this is not china or russia. and they have already come to terms with the capitalists who ONLY can change their countries prospects. Neway!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Its STUPID to call rich people "stupid" who own such super cars and try to push them and crash them in the process .. I wonder what would one call a person who would crash a 60bhp car in india (prove me wrong but each one of us have done it at some point or the other)?? Wonder whose the fool or the be it the stupid in this case ?? That said , even greats like ayrton senna , fangio , shumi have crashed .. Does that make them stupid too ??
Very rightly said.
Everyone has a crash or two in their life, the only thing different in this case is that this person was driving super expensive car.

As for calling someone "filthy rich moron" well thats just getting too personal.

I never knew there can be so many hidden pressures in owning a supercar

If you buy a supercar and don't use it then you are just filthy rich with no respect for cars.
If you buy supercar and drive around slowly then you are just wasting your car.
If you are rich drive your supercar fast and hard and even by mistake you crash it, then you are filthy rich moron.
Old 8th March 2007, 18:07   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33 View Post
I never knew there can be so many hidden pressures in owning a supercar

If you buy a supercar and don't use it then you are just filthy rich with no respect for cars.
If you buy supercar and drive around slowly then you are just wasting your car.
If you are rich drive your supercar fast and hard and even by mistake you crash it, then you are filthy rich moron.
That was funny and so very true.

If i may add, if your rich and drive your car fast, then you dont have respect for the lesser living mortals
Old 8th March 2007, 18:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Its really easy to call people names especially our own mr. Kumar Soni of the Veyron Crash fame. The news made me both proud and sad. Proud because the car was owned by an Indian and sad coz the car was totalled. C'mon guys cut the man some slack. Its very juvinile to make fun of him coz his car got crashed,im sure even he must be feeling really bad as this is not an off the shelf car. When we crash even our most worthless car dont we feel really bad... and do u mean that guys like that ("filthy rich") just get up one day crash their cars and then shrug the dust away as if nothing happened?? Mates, everyones had a crash in their life...or maybe more than once...so what does that mean....we're stupid?? or dont know how to drive... NO way. I think we need to change our attitude. Its just not fair to the guy. Also (this may sound harsh) to most guys making such STUPID comments its just a case of "SOUR GRAPES"
Ill give u an example
There were two teachers who passed by the Birla Mansion in calcutta every day. One day one of them said"If I was in the place of Mr. Birla, Id make more money than him" surprised at his friends stupid yet confident claim, his friend asked him" And how would you get about doing that?" "Well", replied the friend, " inspite of running his businesses, id also take a couple o tutions!!"
Please dont mind this harsh post guys but we really do need to grow up!!

Last edited by V-16 : 8th March 2007 at 18:30. Reason: corrections
Old 8th March 2007, 19:07   #38
BHPian

ok i take it back that he was a not a rish idiot he is one that guys was driving way over the speed limit hit a lady who was 7 month pregnant he deserves nothing less than that just because he thought he was rich doesnt mean he can get away he put in danger the life of two people the guy should be introduced to a place called a track.
Old 8th March 2007, 19:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
just because he thought he was rich doesnt mean he can get away he put in danger the life of two people the guy should be introduced to a place called a track.
This is not India. If he is guilty, he will be punished. Or atleast, he won't be running around happily.
Old 8th March 2007, 19:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ok i take it back that he was a not a rish idiot he is one that guys was driving way over the speed limit hit a lady who was 7 month pregnant he deserves nothing less than that just because he thought he was rich doesnt mean he can get away he put in danger the life of two people the guy should be introduced to a place called a track.
Nothing personal bro but im sure he did'nt do it purposely. Something must have gone wrong. Its not like he charted his way to the poor pregnant lady and then sadistically rammed into her. Its coincidence that she was where she was and he did'nt ram into her head on (read the article) and dont also believe anything these "PHOREN" tabloids say, they r racist to the core and im sure the've made a big hoo haa coz an Indian was driving this super car, something they cant digest. Actually The Sun has been charged of being racist many a times earlier, tough i cant pinpoint the exact news for which it was reprimanded...on many occasions too. Anyway u chill, no offence meant and none taken bro!!
Old 8th March 2007, 19:30   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Nothing personal bro but im sure he did'nt do it purposely. Something must have gone wrong. Its not like he charted his way to the poor pregnant lady and then sadistically rammed into her. Its coincidence that she was where she was and he did'nt ram into her head on (read the article) and dont also believe anything these "PHOREN" tabloids say, they r racist to the core and im sure the've made a big hoo haa coz an Indian was driving this super car, something they cant digest. Actually The Sun has been charged of being racist many a times earlier, tough i cant pinpoint the exact news for which it was reprimanded...on many occasions too. Anyway u chill, no offence meant and none taken bro!!
well no offence taken just irritates me how people can be so careless when it comes to rules.no offense meant to you to.
Old 8th March 2007, 19:39   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well no offence taken just irritates me how people can be so careless when it comes to rules.
COULD'NT AGREE MORE BUDDY!!
Old 8th March 2007, 23:35   #43
Senior - BHPian

The repair bill could be 830K but the question is would the repairs on this thing would still keep it like a supercar? Cos whatever be the external damage, it cant have escaped damage to the structural members. In case of the Veyron, it happens to be aluminium members. So the integration of the new members with the existing ones would always leave an imbalance which might have a telling effect on its supercar characteristics. Unless offcourse the change the entire monocoque (which is most likely the case as the bill is so high).

By the way, this crash does not necessarily point to stupidity on anyones part. However careful we are accidents can happen, its just that it made news because it was this particular car. However the proper place to test a supercar is on a track. All supercars (even normal everyday cars like the Maruti Baleno) are under-utilised on a public road.
Old 8th March 2007, 23:49   #44
Awaiting Email Confirmation

One thing- i gather the car belonged to someone else right? I'd Be PISSED if someone rammed my supercar and racked up a bill of that much bro...not to mention I'll have a sleeping disorder if I ever come across my own supercar look like that..
Old 12th April 2007, 09:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

well, you must commend the construction of the car. imagine, according to the report, it hit the astra, and spun and was found 200ft away, so it must have either been coming quite fast, or is very light. but there was NO damage to the passenger compartment. WOW! if i pay 800K quid, i am sure that i will be safe inside. pretty cool!1!!! plus, i am amazed at the publicity a single crash gets! pretty cool!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks