Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2020, 11:05   #16
BHPian

Re: BMW to get a new logo from 2020

Sure, it looks nice on BMW’s bronze-hued electric i4 sedan concept, but what about on a white BMW? Or a letterhead? Or on a sign for a BMW dealership on a highway? Well someone at BMW did not think it through.

Also BMW has not officially stated on when the design will appear on its production cars, I hope it does not but I believe it would have been designed for electric cars.
M.Dua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 11:18   #17
BHPian

At first look it does look unimpressive and I think it is safe to assume that at least the design department of BMW needs some serious reworking. These days whatever is coming from that department is anything from garish to outright ridiculous.

However that being said, I would still reserve a final verdict till we see this new logo on actual production cars to see how the final output is.
Old 5th March 2020, 11:56   #18
BHPian

Hmm....odd. I seem to be in a minority here. I love it. And the slightly grayish hue should look outstanding on white! Looks really classy. Understated. Minimalist. Like it's shaved off some of the unnecessary or excessive. I do not care for their new grills though.
Annibaddh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 12:12   #19
BHPian

I feel that the new logo looks cool and minimalist!
Somewhere I read that the new logo "stands for the mobility of the future".
SJQIL87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 12:37   #20
BHPian

I quite like the logo. Quite futuristic IMHO. The grilles on the other hand are a different story altogether.
speedmunster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 15:23   #21
BHPian

I'm waiting for the time when the logo is just a luminescent patch on the bonnet! That would be so cool!
Old 5th March 2020, 15:37   #22
BHPian

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/4/21...ackground-cars

In the guidance for the logo use - seems they won't use it on the actual road cars themselves but only for all their print, online media and advertising. Which seems a weird position to take.

This flat look that departs from the 3D of the 90s era redesign is something we're seeing everywhere or have been seeing everywhere - think all the big internet companies! Flat design is in right now. Car companies are now starting to blur the lines and think of themselves a bit like tech companies, if only to get in on that sweet positive feedback like Tesla gets in the stock market. It's unsurprising that the rebranding would follow principles we observe in tech.
Old 5th March 2020, 15:59   #23
BHPian

Contrary to popular belief, I think the logo looks cleaner and a little more minimalist. With every brand trying to be "clean" in some way to show-off their clean/green credentials or to be/perceived to be modern.

Changes really is the only constant and the big guns at BMW and the brand guys must've felt like there is some change we have to show visually, not just in terms of cars but also the way the brand real-estate looks like ---> and what's the easiest thing to change and also the hardest to miss than the LOGO.
TejasV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 18:01   #24
BHPian

It's natural for things to evolve and its required that we accept change, BMW design philosophy evolved over the decades and every change in approach has lead to mixed reaction.

Especially Chris Bangles 'Flame surfacing' generated huge amount of controversy but it has not only been forgotten but even accepted over a period of time.

To me personally this is an interesting approach BMW has taken and we have to appreciate the designers for not trying to toe conventional lines. Hope someone in Tata Motors also wakes up and and prompts a change in their logo which is complete out of sync with the tone of their recent impact design language.

Though I like the new BMW logo, I am I apprehensive about dust or water getting behind that transparent new logo
Old 5th March 2020, 20:34   #25
BHPian

Personally, the 60's logo is my favourite. But I like where this is going.

BMW would've invested millions in this new iteration and looked at how it interacts with their existing colorways as well as any new ones that may be on its way.

I also agree with them moving away from the chisel/embossed look to a more modern and relevant flat design. The embossed look is passé.

I won't comment on the white lettering as we don't know if that color will also be adaptive. For example a white car could get black lettering. Lot's of ifs and buts. All we know is BMW has a few blind people in decision making positions who have no qualms about making ugly cars. So crying about a logo is wasted effort.

Also, even if the logo were to be bejewelled with leds and neons that make eyes bleed, it will continue to sell. So there's that.
Old 6th March 2020, 05:49   #26
BHPian

I reckon that the previous generation logo does look very classy. However the latest one appears to be based on minimalistic design philosophy. I do think the new logo is will be less distracting on the ever increasing digital screen inside the car due to a lot of transparent real estate. Imagine the new and old logos with respect to light and dark themes on the screen and the new one looks uber-cool.

I am sure the new logo will be more customization friendly.
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:06   #27
BANNED

BMW India unveils new logo

BMW to get a new logo from 2020-bmw.png

BMW Group India on Monday has unveiled the new logo. As the German luxury carmaker claims, the logos of the BMW, BMW i and BMW M have been completely reworked under the #JustCantWait campaign. The carmaker also claims that the new logo has been designed keeping the modern age expectations and visual style.

Quote:
Commenting on the new logo, Arlindo Teixeira, acting President, BMW Group India, said, "BMW has always cherished its relationship with its esteemed customers and has introduced innovative products and value-added services. The new brand design and logo stands for openness and clarity. It symbolizes the brand’s significance and relevance for mobility and driving pleasure in the future."

He also said, "BMW Group India is geared-up to the challenges and opportunities of digitalization. We have seamlessly transformed ourselves to better serve our existing and new customers’ needs. With innovative services such as BMW Contactless Experience, BMW Easy Start Plan, BMW Advanced Hygiene Packages and Aftersales service packages we stand true to our promise of offering ‘Sheer Driving Pleasure’ to our customers at all times."

Teixeira further added, "Our latest campaign #JustCantWait uses the new logo and reflects our undeterred commitment to bring Joy to our customers."
Source
Old 22nd June 2020, 16:19   #28
BHPian

Re: BMW India unveils new logo

BMW Logo - Meaning and History

https://www.bmw.com/en/automotive-li...-history1.html
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:40   #29
BHPian

This looks as bland as unseasoned chicken. This is what happens when you take one of the most iconic legendary hero and let the local barber shop experiment with his hairstyle.

The end result - You just destroyed the very essence of a brand that appealed to the masses. Either way, this logo still isn't as ugly as some of the newer fish mouth front BMW's making their way to the market.

I just hope these new executives don't end up screwing up the very appealing BMW legacy that has existed for decades.
rahul_jo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 17:58   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Why fix something that aint broke??! That 1997 version had depth and good looks and they must have paid some fancy designer firm a million euros to come up with the plain jane look. They could learn something from Mercedes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks