Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2008, 03:46   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
HP is not everything. As it is, 237 HP from a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder engine is mighty impressive
@Mayavi ..I think u missed this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
The F series engine makes a lot of power per bhp with its high Rpm but its still only has a very pathetic 237 BHP.

Last edited by chetanhanda : 12th March 2008 at 03:51.
Old 18th March 2008, 18:30   #17

Quote:
Maybe this s2000 is a bit too overpriced ...approx 36K+ $ for an underpowered roadster.
for this price it should atleast make 300Bhp.
I like Honda's but I never understood this "niche segment" s2000's pricing.

s2000 is not over priced. the msrp is high but you can get one for 31k brand new with taxes out the door with 7/100000k mile warranty.
I know a few has bought it at that price.
i had a s2000 also when the market was hot and i had paid 32k out the door when the price was stickered 38k.

s2000 one of the best cars of all time, this is coming from someone who has owned several BMW M cars, Porsche and Benzes.
Old 20th March 2008, 04:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6H12O6 View Post
s2000 is not over priced. the msrp is high but you can get one for 31k brand new with taxes out the door with 7/100000k mile warranty.
I know a few has bought it at that price.
i had a s2000 also when the market was hot and i had paid 32k out the door when the price was stickered 38k.

s2000 one of the best cars of all time, this is coming from someone who has owned several BMW M cars, Porsche and Benzes.
We are talking about the CR version of the S2000 which starts of at 36K.

I never owned BMW's,Porsches or Benzes.
This is coming from someone who drives a Civic.
36K starting price for a S2000 CR with 237Bhp sounds overpriced to me, why cant they bump up the power to more for that price ? tweak the ECU/cams make it stand out from the regular S2000 in terms of power output etc.

Right now this is their flagship model, a little more is expected from Honda.
Old 20th March 2008, 05:29   #19

Quote:

36K starting price for a S2000 CR with 237Bhp sounds overpriced to me, why cant they bump up the power to more for that price ? tweak the ECU/cams make it stand out from the regular S2000 in terms of power output etc.

my 2cents would be it's not about the BHP. it's about the balance & package. I found the s2000 to be more than enough power for me. The CR is just more like a Competition pkg car (similar to bmw). 36k is what they are asking. i am sure one can get for much less. I have owned many civics, love thos cars.
1997 honda civic hx blk/gray 5 speed.
2001 honda civic lx blk/blk 5 speed
2002 honda civic dx silver/blk 5 speed
2003 honda civic lx silver/blk auto
I am looking to get 2008 Civic LX in the months to come as an addition to the stable.

I know what you mean about the pricing, i initally laughed at the idea of 30k plus honda but after extensive driving i realized it was not about the numbers, it was about the total experience.
Old 20th March 2008, 19:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:

dude, i agree that 36K is a steep price, you are permitted to have an opinion, however please note that there might be others who opine otherwise...

the S2000 is aimed at a different market and likewise the civic
If the car is good around a track, I think the price is justified.
Drove an old S2000 a while back, it's a lot of fun, really light, so the 200 or so hp is adequate

PS: I bet you think Acuras are crap
Old 20th March 2008, 20:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6H12O6 View Post
I know what you mean about the pricing, i initally laughed at the idea of 30k plus honda but after extensive driving i realized it was not about the numbers, it was about the total experience.
ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
dude, i agree that 36K is a steep price, you are permitted to have an opinion, however please note that there might be others who opine otherwise...
ok, yes everyone has a different opinion.
Quote:
PS: I bet you think Acuras are crap
I liked Acura's but I just like the older Acura Legend coupe and the Acura Rsx..both of them out of production.
I dont know enough about luxury sedans from Acura to call them crap.
I just dont have so much interest in luxury 4 door sedans.
Im interested in tuner cars only..maybe thats why I have different opinions on cars from guys who are into luxury cars,super cars or niche segment roadsters.

Let me guess - I bet you think older gen Evo,STI,neon SRT4,Integra,golf are crap .. maybe for a budget of 36K including modifications they can make the more expensive cars look a bit slow/underpowered.
Old 20th March 2008, 21:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
I liked Acura's but I just like the older Acura Legend coupe and the Acura Rsx..both of them out of production.
I dont know enough about luxury sedans from Acura to call them crap.

Let me guess - I bet you think older gen Evo,STI,neon SRT4,Integra,golf are crap .. maybe for a budget of 36K including modifications they can make the more expensive cars look a bit slow/underpowered.
Well my friend all Acuras are Hondas underneeth, Hondas with a luxo touch...

Hmm well I actually love tuner cars, as they're such good value, but I also like my luxos. They serve entirely different purposes! Hence, while you may keep arguing about the price tag, please keep in mind that this car will be an option only for those looking for a roadster in this price range...[this S2000 is competition for the 350Zs, Solstice, Sky etc] oh and the regular S2000 did quite well in Cali, lots of teen girls driving them

oh and Dodge neons ARE crap!!

Last edited by DocG : 20th March 2008 at 21:17.
Old 20th March 2008, 21:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Well my friend all Acuras are Hondas underneeth, Hondas with a luxo touch...
Thanks my friend,I learn something new in this forum everyday. I didnt know Acura's are Honda underneath I thought they were related to Hyundai and isnt Hyundai part of Mazda?

Quote:
oh and the regular S2000 did quite well in Cali, lots of teen girls driving them
yes ..s2000 is not a very macho looking car either

Quote:
oh and Dodge neons ARE crap!!

I think you are mixing up the Dodge srt4 turbo with the plain neon.

Last edited by chetanhanda : 20th March 2008 at 21:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks