Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2021, 16:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW and BMW fined $1 billion for running what the EU terms an "emissions cartel"

At this point, VW should stop developing all ICE engines & focus only on EV’s
Old 13th July 2021, 08:23   #17
BHPian

Re: VW and BMW fined $1 billion for running what the EU terms an "emissions cartel"

If this
Quote:
The Commission said in its 2019 charge sheet that the German carmakers had colluded to restrict the size of AdBlue tanks between 2006 and 2014, thus making the urea-based additive less convenient to use.
was a consequence of "setting common technical standards".

I cannot understand from a moral standpoint what they have to complain about, but yet, they complain
Quote:
The nub of the carmakers' complaints boil down to whether setting common technical standards amounts to anti-competitive behaviour - or whether indeed it makes it easier for an industry as a whole to embrace new technology.
I wish the penalties were harsher to serve as a strong detterent.
Old 13th July 2021, 15:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Elon lovers would be here soon, oh wait! Somebody already mentioned Tesla. I somehow expected this before even opening the thread. IMO car manufacturers nowadays are getting too much beating especially regarding environmental concerns because some jokers believe that only cars emit CO2 and are the root cause of pollution. Of course illegal factories, large scale burning of crops and improper treatment of harmful gases before releasing into the atmosphere is necessary for growth 🤡.

To the Tesla lovers, just Google about the lithium ion mining required for your favourite futuristic cars and the condition of thousands of African kids who work in the process.
How did you come to the conclusion that some "jokers" are not asking for pollution reduction measures in every other industries?

All of a sudden you are worried about African kids, do you realize the African kids are mining cobalt for decades, the cobalt used as a catalyst in refining your petrol. Yes, batteries use cobalt, many battery companies are reducing use of cobalt in their batteries, LiFe batteries which are used in Nexon EV uses zero cobalt. Unlike the residual cobalt burnt along with petrol, cobalt can be recovered from batteries at EOL.

The world, led by many climate scientists and many research papers have shown EVs are better for the environment and are a part of an overall move towards greener future. But, Hey what's stopping you to shout at everyone as idiots, just because you failed to understand. Consider me as another joker, proceed with your ignorance, I do not like to reply any further.
SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks