Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 18:54   #31
BHPian

Damn dude srishiva , Thanks a ton for that link... awesome find, their rendering looks infinitely better than what we've seen so far, Heres hoping honda can spruce it up a bit more that would be awesome... thanks again.
Old 26th June 2008, 22:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Amien, definitely a good response from you, but rather than nit picking through the post, i will mention few things.

1. I didnt say you were a fanboi

2. You mentioned, your pro-Nissan post lead me to this, probably it did, but you are forgetting, I too have a GT-R in my avtar and I am also a prospective buyer(i say that because until the car is in my hands, you never know what happens, stealers are stealers)

3. I considered the GT-R for all its advantages, like the rear seat, AWD(for snow), sheer speed, good looks, extremely capable track monster and something my wife can drive without me having to sweat. In the Z06, I would be looking at my watch or calling her constantly until she got home, its all about how the car needs to be treated. Z06 needs attention and discipline whereas GT-R would need almost nothing of that.

4. Biased and me!! not likely, i try to act as a mediator between the Z06 and the GT-R crowd most of the time. I try to explain GT-R folks, that simply comparing 7:29 and 7:43 is unfair and at the same time I explain to the Z06 folks that dont let the weight and hp ratio fool you for one bit.

5.My point of straightline acceleration was to make you understand that the ECU is working really hard on the track and on a straight road where besides giving the car a good launch ECU cant do anything. In that scenario the GT-R gets left behind, so truely it isnt the GT-R's power that keeps the car going but more like the intelligent computer working really hard to make the right decisions to put the power in the right place while turning.

6. If you think Zonda was run on the ring with 10/10 of the cars abilities then you are wrong, plus it was done before the resurface, i will give it 5sec advantage there and then 5-6s more if the car is pushed even harder. Zonda F is a beast, but extremely difficult to drive to get 10/10 out of it, unlike the GT-R, thats why Zonda F is thrilling whereas GT-R could be boring.

7. As for me considering model T, well that was a good joke, but when you start driving your car on track, you will realize that you really want it to communicate back more without it having to make you a untalented hero.

8. I am not complaining about the efforts nissan has put into it product, all I was pointing out was the 7:29 and 7:43 times are not on level playing fields, so you really cant say GT-R is 14 secs quicker on the ring, its clearly not.

I truely hope GM takes back the Z06 and ZR1 on the ring and do some extensive weeks long testing, but I am sure that will not happen and we will never know, they will again take a quick wing at the ring and provide you with some 7.20s time for the ZR1.

I love the GT-R and the Z06 and the many other performance cars out there, I have no allegiance to any particular automaker..

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Autoexpress has a rendering based on the spy pics
Honda’s next NSX | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express
Busy but awesome..I thought the same thing about the GT-R but love it now, I am sure I will love it when it comes out.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th June 2008 at 01:45. Reason: Posts merged. Use the EDIT button to add to an earlier post.
Old 26th June 2008, 23:54   #33
BHPian

Ah, Good post. Things are a lot clearer now.

1)Taken at face value . It just seemed like it, with the line i qouted from your post. Ofcourse, i could be wrong.
2)I assumed you already own one, my bad.
3)Agree with this entire section.
4)It seemed as though you were biased, but again, i believe we both were on to different things.
5)Yes, My point was the same, I was not arguing/refuting what you said, You have to understand what when i say "CAR" i mean the WHOLE package, ECU, tires, brakes, drivetrain, electronics , the WHOLE thing. Therefore, You understand that my claim as to the GTR being a better performer, regardless of how or where it extracts is power is justified.
6)I used the Zonda example sarcastically, I guess i should apologise for the misunderstanding. What i was implying was that IF the guys at chevy had so much going wrong for them, Why did they not attempt to iron out these problems, reach the best possible time on a track that is a known benchmark. Think about it, Woudn't you do the same in their shoes?
7)Yes, here again both of us are on to different things. Normally a driver excells due to good communication between him, the car and the track. In case of the GTR however, It does this for you, And does it every time, Providing a high amount of predictability which lets the driver push the car as far as it will go. Untalented HERO(hero being the key word here) is bang on, It will make a novice driver look better than he really is, and make a good driver look even better. Ofcourse, This might not be what you're looking for, So you're welcome to say brand X model Y is a more fun car.

8) The playing fields were level but the same amount of effort was not put in for some reason. I do not doubt the Z06 could post a better time, But they haven't which makes me give credit to the GTR by default.

----------
Fact is, Im more of Chevy fan myself(and the old NSX is one of my all time favourites) , And that's why i can't stress this enough The Ring is important, Please put work into it The cars, particularly the ZR1 and the NSX have immense potential, And i don't want them to get a lukewarm reception because someone decided not to take benchmarks seriously. Honestly, Even if one of these manages to beat the GTR around a track, This year will be remembered for its significance. Amen to that!
Old 27th June 2008, 07:59   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like a sexy Accord coupe. I quite like it though.
Old 27th June 2008, 15:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Nice design, but i just can't get over the HSC concept, with it's protruding honda logo and afterburner like tail-lights. It even had that NSX look to it, but with a lot more elegance.

http://www.autocult.com.au/img/galle...naGhost644.jpg

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...a-NSX-1_dw.jpg

Shan2nu
Old 27th June 2008, 18:27   #36
BHPian

Thanks for the pics Shan2nu, appreciated
Old 27th June 2008, 23:09   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Umm.
Doesn't anybody else think its just a 599 with a different front bumper? (atleast according to this artists impression)

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-nsx599.jpg

If the NSX looked like that i would be terribly dissapointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
... the HSC concept......It even had that NSX look to it, but with a lot more elegance.

http://www.autocult.com.au/img/galle...naGhost644.jpg
Totally agree with you Shan!
I have been waiting a long time for this HSC concept to kick some butt on the `ring - but it never happened.
The HSC looks like the successor to the NSX. The same wide body, low stance and angular lines. The new one doesn't even have the same stance, or any sharp angles at all!

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th June 2008 at 23:11.
Old 27th June 2008, 23:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the NSX looked like that i would be terribly dissapointed. I have been waiting a long time for this HSC concept to kick some butt on the `ring - but it never happened.
The HSC looks like the successor to the NSX. The same wide body, low stance and angular lines. The new one doesn't even have the same stance, or any sharp angles at all!
Thats true, the NSX tag just doesn't gel with this design. They should make the HSC the new NSX and call this the Honda S3000 (with a 340-360bhp 3ltr V6). Hehe

Shan2nu
Old 28th June 2008, 02:01   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I did feel the same coz this test car has no resemblence to the great NSX design or concept.
Dunno if that is NSX or not but the eventual NSX will not resemble the iconic NSX. It is a front engine rwd unlike the old gen NSX which is Mid engine rear wheel config.
The future NSX will also not resemble the concept NSX showing in various auto shows as it got really really bad reviews. Honda is going to change the design.
Old 29th June 2008, 02:18   #40
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...tml#post884049 Woot
Old 29th June 2008, 03:45   #41
BHPian

Now it looks like the Corvette ZR1 is the new record holder in the ring, beating out the Nissan GT-R's 7:29, so the NSX guys have a lot of stuff on their hands if they have to be competitive.
Old 29th June 2008, 08:04   #42
BHPian

Honestly I feel the old nsx was much more appealing and looked like how a proper japanese supercar would look like.This looks like they copied the americans and the europeans.
Old 15th July 2008, 21:28   #43
BHPian

2010 Acura NSX the Nissan GT-R Killer

INITIAL NEWS:
"The new NSX, which has been delayed repeatedly, is expected to incorporate a front-mounted, 550 hp V10 engine and a new high-performance, rear-wheel-drive based version of Acura’s ‘Super Handling All-Wheel Drive’ (SH-AWD)."
- Illustrated: 2010 Acura NSX (Source 1)

LATEST NEWS:
"The latest news regarding the upcoming Honda/Acura NSX has the supercar making closer to 600 horsepower than the previously reported 550hp from its 5.5-liter V10. The other important piece of news is that the engine will feature Honda’s cylinder deactivation system, called Variable Cylinder Management (VCM), which would allow it to run on one bank of cylinders during low-load conditions."

"When firing on all 10 cylinders, the engine will make about 434lb-ft of torque, or pretty much the same as Nissans GT-R. Like the GT-R, the power will flow through all four wheels, say Japan’s Holiday Auto reports."

"...expected to weigh in at about 3,300lbs, which would give it a much better power-to-weight ratio than Nissan’s mind-blowing GT-R. Between Honda’s Super Handling AWD system and aerodynamic tricks lifted from its experience in Formula 1, the NSX should also trump the GT-R’s impressive handling."

"...competing at the price level with the likes of Jauguar's XKR and Aston Martin's Vanquish. The equivalent retail price is expected to be the equivalent of about $150,000."
- GT-R beating NSX to get cylinder deactivation, 600 hp? (Source 2)

Bellow are the spy shots of the NSX during its testing, followed by an illustration from LeftLaneNews of what it should look like based on these spy shots. (Sorry for the long read, hopefully it was worth it!)

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread merged, similar discussion. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-nsx2.jpg  

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-nsx1.jpg  

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-nsx10.jpg  

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-nsxil1.jpg  

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-nsxil2.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th July 2008 at 21:35.
Old 16th July 2008, 00:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"...expected to weigh in at about 3,300lbs, which would give it a much better power-to-weight ratio than Nissan’s mind-blowing GT-R.
Woah, 408bhp/ton sounds pretty good. Old NSX R was just 228bhp/ton and was only 200kgs lighter.

Im sure the width of the track and tyres will be much more than the NSX R, so cornering shouldn't suffer.

Shan2nu
Old 17th July 2008, 18:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

The link to article is :
Spy Shots: Honda NSX interior caught at the 'Ring - Autoblog

Some images I got from this link:
Autoblog
Attached Thumbnails
2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-tbhpnsx1.jpg  

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-tbhpnsx2.jpg  

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-tbhpnsx3.jpg  

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-tbhpnsx4.jpg  

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-tbhpnsx5.jpg  

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-tbhpnsx6.jpg  

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-tbhpnsx7.jpg  

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-tbhpnsx8.jpg  

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-tbhpnsx9.jpg  

2009 acura nsx spotted at nurburgring - update now possibly cancelled-tbhpnsx10.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks