Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2004, 14:19   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

OH NO!! Another Ferrari Enzo crashed.. and another... and another (w/ video)

Yes, its yet another Ferrari Enzo that has been destroyed...and a red one too. So that makes it 2 less Enzos for potentials out here to own, while making the existent ones that much more valuable/exclusive.

Supercar manufacturers should really make pre-delivery track lessons mandatory. I read somewhere that a dealer claims atleast 30% of Porsche GT2's to be totalled already!!

"Wow, saw a Ferrari "Enzo" Saturday at about 4:45 taking a right to go down Allen Parkway (nice speed/twisty road within the city). I was in a buddies' car going the other direction. Well, at 4:48 I saw what I thought was a house fire in the distance. Naturally, we rush to the scene to watch a fire and finish my cold one. Well, guess what! Its not a house, but something more valuable. Thats right, the "Enzo"! She was engulfed in flames. The driver had lost controll at the end of the road before it enters downtown Houston. His backend got loose and he shot over a curb at an alleged 100+ mph, under a link fence, and then the rear hit an enormous oak tree. Thats when it exploded. The driver was able to get out and walk away in time. It was very shocking scene for me. The car was actually burning in a minority based low income housing project. I got a small chunk of it (red plastic piece) thatclip in somewhere. My buddy bought a nice carbon fibre body piece of a little black boy for $5. It made his day. By the way, I did not witness the actual accident, but spoke with a witness and overheard the driver speaking with police.
I was also at the Ferrari dealer when this same guy test drove ithe Enzo for the first time. Kinda weird I saw the start and end of this guys "Enzonership". He is a very lucky man to be alive"

"Well I decided to swing by his house earlier (my dad knows his dad) and he was in the driveway. I asked him about the crash and he said yeah, it was him...the car spun on him very quickly and he couldn't catch it. says his dad is getting another one soon, so he's gonna take it to some empty parking lots and practice there. I asked him if he was interested in doing a track day but he said nah, it's not his scene. He has a Carrera GT as well, and he says it's a lot more confidence inspiring. The Enzo was very fast, but he says the electronics took care of everything until it let go yesterday, so he never got as much of a feel for what the car was doing."

Videos:

Enzo Crash - 1

Enzo Crash - 2

Enzo Crash - 3

Article was sourced from here
Old 13th March 2004, 15:40   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

That means a total of 3 Enzo's crashed.
First its the red Enzo on wrecked exotics.com

"With only 353 miles on the odometer, this Enzo sustained approximately $400,000 in damages. Rumor suggests that this car was being driven by the owner's son. The owner apparently owns a huge RV manufacturing company or dealership. This is actually the 2nd Enzo to be wrecked. A yellow Enzo holds the honors as the first wreck (we're trying to get pictures of that one!) "

The second is a yellow. And the third is the one u mentioned GTO.
Old 13th March 2004, 15:54   #3
BHPian

Im so happy. one less ugly ass car on the road
Old 13th March 2004, 16:43   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]The second is a yellow.
What yellow crashed Enzo? I frequent the Enzo boards and no one out there seems to have heard of this.

Do you have any links/pictures to show the yellow one?

GTO
Old 13th March 2004, 17:00   #5
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newpho...0205_001.shtml

No pics though.
Old 13th March 2004, 17:21   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The link you just goes to the red Enzo crash pics. What about the yellow Enzo you mentioned?

GTO
Old 13th March 2004, 17:27   #7
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

ya it goes to the red Enzo. But read whats written below.
"This is actually the 2nd Enzo to be wrecked. A yellow Enzo holds the honors as the first wreck (we're trying to get pictures of that one!) "
Old 13th March 2004, 18:34   #8
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

says his dad is getting another one soon

Oh......to be rich
Old 13th March 2004, 18:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

It is indeed saddening to the end of another Enzo . One crashed the other in flames. Not the best day of my life
Old 14th March 2004, 02:15   #10
BHPian

By the time I end up becoming capable of buying one..all woul dhave crashed to smithereens...

y o y ppl cant take care of their most priced possesions.. its just heartbreaking..here we guys would worship if we have a car like this and there ppl who can actually afford it, dont even care about it..
just shameful...

so is GODs justice

L8r
Old 14th March 2004, 04:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you CFS WHY?
Cheers
Old 14th March 2004, 04:55   #12
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys,

The enzo is a supercar and im sure they were drivign it like a supercar. The fact is that u have to have a wholistic knowledge of a lot of things to understand your and your cars limits. Here these people have what is considered to be one of the best supercars in the world and hence feel invincible. Maybe what they were trying was entirely possible in even an M5, but they just didnt take into account a factor like there being leaves on the road or something like that!
But dont get me wrong.....i think they r pretty stupid as well! ;-]

cheers
Old 14th March 2004, 04:59   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

V12, The Yellow Enzo is quoted only by wrecked exotics to be crashed. Nowhere else, on any other boards etc., is there even a mention of a yellow enzo being destroyed.

GTO
Old 14th March 2004, 11:43   #14
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

gr. i must say.........u must be hating Ferraris from the bottom [and also left, right and top] of your heart.
Old 14th March 2004, 14:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hey Grim I have t hat issue wherein I had read abou the Enzo in New York breaking ... Btw did any one manage to download the videos?

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks