Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2007, 19:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

nice!!
Looks like Opel wants to go against the VW Golf GTi's (200bhp) engine..

I think its about time that cars with more power hit the Indian roads, and with that I mean those cars that are small (size-wise) but with bigger engines. Since the average person can afford a car of Rs 5-7 lakhs, coupled with more financing options, it would work pretty well if a wide range of cars were to be introduced in India (sports coupes to sporty sedans to off-roaders etc)
Old 27th July 2007, 20:17   #17
BHPian

Object of Desire ! comes in complete package, power, handling,exterior,interior. Brilliant.
Old 27th July 2007, 20:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
BTW I dont think HM sells Opel anymore. Only Chevy now.
Sir, Its GM not HM . Sexy hatch. Opel is under estimated IMHO in almost all the countries.
Old 28th July 2007, 02:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Sir, Its GM not HM . Sexy hatch. Opel is under estimated IMHO in almost all the countries.
Oh no, we all know Opel Manta, Ascona and Kadett!!
Old 28th July 2007, 03:45   #20
sAP
BHPian

Class comparison

Well, haven't things changed around here.

First, what astonishes me the most is the fact that GM has managed to engineer a 1.6L engine to this profound effect. Second, thank goodness they didn't put in a Wankel rotary.

I caught a post with some comparison figures for 2.0 L engines from the small family cars segment -- and that is a different segment in Europe. The supermini list is here: Choosing the right Car

To compare the Golf GTi, I think it would be fair to compare it with something in the same class. Which in this case, is the 2.0 L Astra OPC, churning out a comforting 240HP as opposed to the 200HP Golf GTi, the Focus, Civic or the Megane. Here is a list for that segment: Choosing the right Car

Hope this makes sense.

I still think the Corsa OPC has lots of charm and individuality -- much more than what its own OPC siblings can match, Uhm, if one can live with that high bonnet, that is.

sAP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks