Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2024, 11:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Supercar Blondie launches own online auction house to sell hypercars

According to media reports, Alex Hirschi, popularly known as Supercar Blondie has launched SBX Cars - her own online auction site to sell hypercars & other expensive items.

As per reports, Alex Hirschi runs the Supercar Blondie brand along with her husband Nik Hirschi in Dubai. The auction house will operate primarily in Los Angeles & Dubai, with dedicated teams in London as well.

Supercar Blondie launches own online auction house to sell hypercars-supercarblondie.jpg

SBX Cars has already confirmed more than $100 million worth of consignments. Nik Hirschi stated, "It does happen that people are selling US$3mil cars online, but that car may be listed alongside a US$20,000 car, so it’s not a premium feel. We’ve built a whole new platform that is going to feel premium, look premium." Alex stated that rarity will be SBX Car's selling point.

The new auction site by Supercar Blondie will focus on rare cars like the Lotus F1 Team's John Player Specials from the 1970s and 80s. Other cars in the first lot include cars like the Mercedes-AMG One supercar, BMW glass yacht, Hyperion XP-1 prototype and the Tesla Cybertruck.

Lance Butler, the auction director, stated, "The day the first car sells, we will be profitable on our overhead."

Nik Hirschi stated that SBX Cars is funded by the media business and hence carries no debts or outside investors. The Supercar Blondie brand has a massive combined following of around 110 million subscribers across all social media platforms.

Source: Bloomberg

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 14:17   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (14)
Re: Supercar Blondie launches own online auction house to sell hypercars

I always thought she was copying DougDemuro....Now she herself proved it

P.S:I understand that her company is kind of a Barret Jackson competitor rather than CarsandBids but the modus operandi of both the websites focus on enthusiast cars which is an idea I am sure she got from C&B

Last edited by Chisels121 : 14th April 2024 at 14:21.
Chisels121 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 14:24   #3
BHPian

I've always admired her content - behind the hours of hustling, travelling, filming, editing, uploading, building the business, her brand is really car entertainment through and through. Like if anyone was handed the keys to a supercar, what would they love about it? What would they notice? Rather than pretend to be a car expert, take the amateur approach - show people what was really cool about cars, all their features and the cool gadgets they have. The videos are also super engaging visually.

I can't imagine that managing content across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok is easy, but she's built a strong brand with hard work and deserves every ounce of success.
arnieshwartz is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 00:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Whatever that car is in the picture, it looks like it has two exhausts on the front.
amol4184 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 01:35   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Whatever that car is in the picture, it looks like it has two exhausts on the front.
Those are actually the air intakes; exhausts are at the back. The car is a Hyperion XP-1, which runs on hydrogen. You can find some more details here.

ex-innova-guy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 11:36   #6
BHPian

For those who didn't know:

Before she became known as Supercar Blondie, Alex Hirschi was a radio host in Dubai. This job taught her a lot about how to talk to people and keep them interested. She found a special spot in car reviews, choosing to focus on fancy and high-end supercars. This was a hit not just with car enthusiasts but also with people who enjoy lifestyle and entertainment stuff. Alex smartly used social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube to share videos and photos that catch your eye and keep you watching. Her posts usually mix car reviews, personal vlogs, and her reactions to some really cool cars, making her content fun and easy to get into. She always makes sure her videos and pictures are top-notch, looking professional and really good, which makes people want to keep coming back. Her knack for making her posts engaging and easy to relate to has really helped her stand out from the crowd.

This diversification into premium auctions is a natural progression and I am hopeful that she will be able to pull it off. There are only so many high-end supercars to keep reviewing. All the best to her new venture.
ohaak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 12:36   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Offtopic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieshwartz View Post
Like if anyone was handed the keys to a supercar, what would they love about it? What would they notice? Rather than pretend to be a car expert, take the amateur approach - show people what was really cool about cars, all their features and the cool gadgets they have.
Doug Demuro says hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieshwartz View Post
I've always admired her content - behind the hours of hustling, travelling, filming, editing, uploading, building the business, her brand is really car entertainment through and through.....I can't imagine that managing content across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok is easy, but she's built a strong brand with hard work and deserves every ounce of success.
Well, you just described most of the content creators out there. Not taking away the fact that she worked hard to get here, but she did have a super easy launch pad in Dubai.

She is super popular among the non enthusiasts and the sheer number of followers bringing in the eyeballs means most companies want to woo her. Similar to how personally I would be watching videos on aeroplanes or smartphones, need something wild and information to be spoon fed to me. But for people with an iota of car knowledge, her videos are super shallow. Most of her videos are to point at things and say, "cool,wow,yeahh" and appear super excited. Haven't watched any of her videos for years, but watched a few now when writing this post. Looks like she has other people to review lesser cars, while she gets the concept/high end cars. Though her presentation style is still "cool,wow,yeahh"

One thing that she has going for is her access to super rare concept cars/one off cars.
DicKy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 02:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
But for people with an iota of car knowledge, her videos are super shallow. Most of her videos are to point at things and say, "cool,wow,yeahh" and appear super excited.
This is spot on. The "people" in this case is pretty much any t-bhp member who looks beyond LED lights and pearlescent colors.
That content is perfect for Instagram and TikTok but I doubt anyone else especially forum crowd takes her seriously.

Doug on the other hand seems to have technical knowledge as well. His quirks and features videos aren't super detailed either but his driving impressions at the end of the review are pretty good.
amol4184 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks