Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2007, 03:50   #1
BHPian

Land Rover unveil the LRX - to be badged Range Rover

Looks cool I think:

Land Rover LRX unveiled, courtesy of Auto Motor und Sport - Autoblog
Old 14th December 2007, 07:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

it looks good, but its not a Land Rover...... I dont even like the Freelander much, but this one is taking it a bit far..... its just too aggresive and sporty to be an LR.

What scares me even more is the possible Focus-based production version....... now that would be completley losing the point.....
Old 14th December 2007, 09:21   #3
BHPian

It looks brilliant! Love the entire front design.. And gorgeous details on the interiors too!

Last edited by torqueunlimited : 14th December 2007 at 09:22.
Old 14th December 2007, 09:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

i had seen this photo of LRloong back.dont remember which auto mag but it was looking great.unlike the usual LR styling the front end is too sporty.but this is a concept design,actual production would be way far from the concept.
ram
Old 14th December 2007, 11:11   #5
BHPian

Looks like rubbish to me. Landrovers are famous for their tough, utilitarian image and go-anywhere reliability
Old 14th December 2007, 12:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well i liked the looks but looks like a 3 door or my eyes are decieving me?
Old 14th December 2007, 15:24   #7
BHPian

That's not a Land Rover, it's a Ford Concept SUV. They stopped making Land Rovers after the Discovery in my opinion. Boo Ford.
Old 14th December 2007, 20:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Landrovers should look no-nonsense-functional, why are they even caring about going the cosmetic way?
Old 15th December 2007, 07:47   #9
Team-BHP Support

Well, that's one way to look at things. But, when a company is in the red and its old products aren't doing much to bail it out, new things have to be tried out, even if it means making ugly cars. Many prominent car manufacturers are selling some hideous looking designs with success.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th December 2007 at 08:05.
Old 15th December 2007, 07:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Landrovers should look no-nonsense-functional, why are they even caring about going the cosmetic way?
Didn't Land Rover stop being an off-roader and became a life style vehicle? They became so expensive that people only buy them to show off. bleh

Last edited by Mayavi : 15th December 2007 at 08:07.
Old 16th December 2007, 12:32   #11
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Didn't Land Rover stop being an off-roader and became a life style vehicle? They became so expensive that people only buy them to show off. bleh
i totally agree mayavi.

one thing i'd want to do with a land rover is rove the far off lands...and have decent visibility while doing that. imagine this model...u'd have to peek thru those 'slit-like' windows to get a look at stuff around you ! it would be like peeking out of a tank...
Old 16th December 2007, 12:58   #12
BHPian

very soon we may hve a tata rover

wow i like it just checked the pics and hope tata can use this for their future safari models the headlights rock

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th March 2009 at 15:19. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 17th December 2007, 02:28   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Well, that's one way to look at things. But, when a company is in the red and its old products aren't doing much to bail it out, new things have to be tried out, even if it means making ugly cars. Many prominent car manufacturers are selling some hideous looking designs with success.
Land Rover is making strong profits but no one is quite sure how strong. Land Rover's profits are hidden in Jags books. So if Jag makes a loss Land Rover has to make more than enough to compensate. Bearing in mind Jag was rumoured to be loosing 400 million dolars a year then they appear to be doing well. Because JLR is making a profit. Next year the group will do very well because the Jag XF (S type replacement) has a 7 month waiting list! Jag is a company very much turning it around.

As for the LRX then I'd ask you to bear in mind that this is a car that we in Europe will love. Feedback on European/ American sites has been positive. I don't think this is a car for India though where cars like the LR3 are likely to be more popular. This is really an excercise in Land Rover covering all markets. Something they are very good at!

If TATA get JLR they will need to invest in growth but not so much in recovery....
Old 23rd December 2007, 10:19   #14
LLL
BHPian

Tata JLR in India??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
very soon we may hve a tata rover
any specific news or announcements from tata on this?

i am also eager to know as to what tata wants to do with these brands in India? maybe manufature them in india?
Old 23rd December 2007, 11:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

That car will never go into production, its just going to be concept, thought production car will take some hints. Looks tooo space ship types to me. LR IMO should be macho and not sexy or sleek.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks