Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 15:34   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Bavarian Yeti® Works

So....

The unexpected happens. The one guy on this forum that doesn't like cars as much as you car crazy members, goes to BWM Welt as a guest.

I was informed a few days ago that I am to return to Germany for work. However this time as a guest of harman/kardon who are setting up a lounge inside BMW Welt.

I'll be there on the 12th of February. Going with the MD of my company. For a few days. Should be fun. We will have many special privileges at BMW for those days. Which even I know is a complete waste on me.

But here is is the final injustice of them all.

As a special treat for my MD and I, the guys at harman and BMW have organized a special surprise ONLY for the 2 of us. We are to be handed over a brand new BMW M3 on the 15th February for as long as we want. No questions asked, unsupervised.

Our intention is to drive to the alps and have been informed that there is no speed limit on the road from Munich to Garmisch.

So I am going to post a review here of the M3, lol. I am finding this really funny. ME. Posting a review of the M3.
Should be a fresh look at reviews.

Can anyone tell me anything I should know? Any speeds I should go to? Anything I should avoid? Any special tests to be done? Don't ask me to do any handbrake turning and all that rubbish please. I don't know how to do all that time-pass.

I will also post pictures from BMW Welt and from the party after. I hope you enjoy them

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 1st February 2008 at 15:39.
Old 1st February 2008, 15:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

sam you are one lucky person. see if you can max out the m3. im looking forward to some nice pics and a review.
Old 1st February 2008, 15:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Well. You need not drive/rippppp the M3 just because it's there.

Since you yourself admit
- it's a waste on you
- you can have it for a long period
- in the isolation of the alps
- unsupervised

I'd recommend.
Take it apart !!! From an ICE POV. Do a thorough analysis of the acoustics of the car and go back and give BMW tips on how to revamp the stock M3 ICE (I presume it has one?).

They might be so delighted, they'll present you with a M3 for use in India
Old 1st February 2008, 16:04   #4
BHPian

To the Alps ? Take it to Nurberg ring my friend. Have a good trip, drive safe.
Old 1st February 2008, 16:07   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Take it apart !!! From an ICE POV. Do a thorough analysis of the acoustics of the car and go back and give BMW tips on how to revamp the stock M3 ICE (I presume it has one?).

They might be so delighted, they'll present you with a M3 for use in India
Brilliant idea!! However my dear boy, think for a minute.

Why am I invited? What brand do you think the ICE in the car is? Harman/Kardon of course!!

Do you really want me to tell them that the system we supply them is no good? I do not think they will be pleased.

Idea cancel baba.
Old 1st February 2008, 16:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest the same, go to nurburgring and have a blast with the M3.
Old 1st February 2008, 16:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Lol........Sam Kapasi - neighbour's envy, owners pride!

Lucky you Sam, have a blast!
Old 1st February 2008, 16:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well sam take it to Nurburnring and one more thing which may interest you. Have seen a gal who drives you through nurburnring in a beamer for a price. Try that out.
Saw it on top gear.
Old 1st February 2008, 16:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Do you really want me to tell them that the system we supply them is no good? I do not think they will be pleased.
Ah well.
The only 2 alternatives I can think of

A. No need to tell them
Take it apart anyways. And try out lotsa different combinations for your own satisfaction.

B. There's always scope for improvement/innovation, na?
Does the M3 have any way to record it's own exhaust and engine note - audio or audio-video? Record the driver's facial expressions, sundry expletives when he/she rips it? Record co-passenger fear factor?

Nah .. I guess I'm just trying to keep you away from driving it! Go on and enjoy !!!!!!!
Old 1st February 2008, 16:17   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Perhaps you misunderstand me. I intend to take the M3 on the 15th morning and return the car in the evening, lol. Please don't be mad, I have other things to do rather than drive around aimlessly. It does not excite me to drive around, getting nowhere. However my MD is super excited, he likes cars.

Besides, I have a nice party to attend in Munich that evening, in one of the best nightclubs there is.

Now to analyse what you fellows are saying. The Nürburgring is in Nordrhein-Westfalen and I am in München - South Bavaria. By my reckoning even if I am flying non stop in that M3 it is still a 6 hour drive there. Clearly you are all joking.

Besides, it isn't as if the guys at the ring will open the gates when they see me arriving. And what's the point anyways? Isn't it much nicer to drive the car on a long winding road up in the mountains? Fresh air etc. Is this car a convertible? I'm not sure really.

No a nice long easy drive to the alps, lunch and back. Buss ho gaya. Why waste petrol? lol

Umm.. this is a petrol car right?

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 1st February 2008 at 16:22.
Old 1st February 2008, 16:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

hmn,budie take it to the track and rip it. you would automatically hand break skid and lounge into a circle.lolhave a nice time bhayya and keep us update.there wasnt much since the twins and expo.
ram
Old 1st February 2008, 16:30   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Umm.. this is a petrol car right?
ya .
Old 1st February 2008, 16:52   #13
BHPian

Haven't felt such unbridled jealousy ... EVER before .

Can't even get myself to say 'Have fun, Sam'. Am just kidding, I know you'd have a great time.

Btw, that round thing in the car would be the steering and you'd have to turn that left or right or else you'd end up going in a straight line *and into the nearest bush/over the cliff/side rail ... u get my drift, right* . and how silly of you to think that the M3 runs on petrol .
Old 1st February 2008, 17:29   #14
BHPian

Take the car out all the way to its limits.
Enjoy the ride.
I believe that as they have no speed limits the roads will be good enough to handle all the abuse and speed it can be put too.
Do post pics and reviews....

have a safe and enjoyable journey.

Cheers
Old 1st February 2008, 17:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

Yeti gets lucky! All I can say...Be Mighty Watchful or else...Bavarian Motor Wasted !!

Last edited by MaserQ : 1st February 2008 at 17:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks