Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 07:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

More than 400 Enzos produced? How can Ferrari cheat their customers like this!

Ferrari says 400 enzos, when infact they have made more than 400 enzos, did you ever hear about this. I was on ferrarichat and found this out. Someone is saying 33 more and some are saying 100 more..

they did this with many other "supposedly" limited cars..
1Day is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th June 2008, 08:46   #2
BHPian

The actual number is 446 enzos.But ferrari claimed they had made only 400.Not that it matters because the car is still super cool!
Old 20th June 2008, 09:57   #3
BHPian

How does it matter how many they make? The more the merrier in my opinion. Unless you are the owner of one of these. You will surely be pissed off since your ride aint as exclusive as it is meant to be.
Old 20th June 2008, 10:35   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
Ferrari says 400 enzos,
Someone is saying 33 more and some are saying 100 more..
I have wondered about this a bit.

Some history - Ferrari first announced that they would make 349 enzos, but they were all booked way before the production even began. Due to pressure from high profile clients, they increased the production by 50 cars - making it a total of 399 cars.

What i wonder is - if they produced more than that number since there are a LOT of Enzos that are "show cars", "museum cars" or "display cars" for ferrari. I wonder if those cars were not counted in the official production count, since they were not produced to be sold - but belong to ferrari.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th June 2008 at 10:38.
Old 20th June 2008, 20:08   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Some history - Ferrari first announced that they would make 349 enzos, but they were all booked way before the production even began. Due to pressure from high profile clients, they increased the production by 50 cars - making it a total of 399 cars.

What i wonder is - if they produced more than that number since there are a LOT of Enzos that are "show cars", "museum cars" or "display cars" for ferrari. I wonder if those cars were not counted in the official production count, since they were not produced to be sold - but belong to ferrari.

cya
R
Officially Ferrari made 399 + 1. No. 400 was presented to the Pope and then auctioned for charity.

I don't really believe these ferrari chats. But yes it maybe that someone counted the show cars. But still, why would you need 33 extra cars?? I mean 5-6 would be more than enough.
Old 20th June 2008, 20:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
Officially Ferrari made 399 + 1. No. 400 was presented to the Pope and then auctioned for charity.

I don't really believe these ferrari chats. But yes it maybe that someone counted the show cars. But still, why would you need 33 extra cars?? I mean 5-6 would be more than enough.
there is nothing not to believe about ferrarichats, if you ever go there, there are more enzo owners there than say E/C class owners on teambhp(considering how many are there). There are people there with FXXs and FXX Evo's on ferrarichat, there should be no shadow of doubt when the fact becomes universally accepted by most ferrari owners there.

Ferrari did this with F40 as well, I dont know what the real figures were suppose to be, but last i checked it was suppose to be between 500-1000, but they ended up making 1300+ cars which upset the owners, they did the same with F50, so there is no reason for them not to do this with the Enzo, plus there is a registry of Enzo owners and their car VIN nums which gives out an almost accurate(less) count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

cya
R
Rehaan, i think there are more than 400 owner cars, not including the cars for shows and museum(which was only suppose to be limited to 1 or 2 i think)

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st June 2008 at 02:01. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button instead of making consecutive posts. Thanks.
Old 21st June 2008, 02:09   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
But still, why would you need 33 extra cars?? I mean 5-6 would be more than enough.
Well, it is their "flagship" model at the moment. Surely wouldnt hurt to have an Enzo showcar (belonging to Ferrari) at some car museums or the big car shows etc... The company would still like to get as much "mileage" out of the car even though all the selling has been done.

Quote:
there is nothing not to believe about ferrarichats, if you ever go there, there are more enzo owners there than say E/C class owners on teambhp
There is some really good insightful and true first hand information out there, however - i wouldnt blindly believe anything as the "official" word on the subject since a lot of it is what the owners have heard from their dealer friends or other owners - which still may be classified as hearsay.

Quote:
... but they ended up making 1300+ cars which upset the owners,
On the other hand, i feel if a Ferrari owner is upset because just a few more cars were made - they arent owning a ferrari for the right reasons!! Its probably stuck in some climate controlled garage and has never been around a corner. Boo.

Quote:
Rehaan, i think there are more than 400 owner cars, not including the cars for shows and museum(which was only suppose to be limited to 1 or 2 i think)
So you are saying 433 - 500 cars were sold to customers (not counting "museum / factory" cars)! Thats interesting...

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st June 2008 at 02:10.
Old 21st June 2008, 09:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey, dosen't each car have a number stamped on it. I'm not talking about the VIN, but, something which shows what number of the limited series is this particular car, like 1/400 would be the first car and so on?? So if there is more than the prescribed number, it can be identified na??
Old 21st June 2008, 14:22   #9
SuperSyn

The numbers matter a lot because it affects the resale values. Limited edition supercars are almost seen as some kind of investment (in west) and trade at MSRP (if not higher) right down to their third or fourth owners.

Some people will recall the drama with the Carerra GT as well.

Old 21st June 2008, 15:34   #10
BHPian

Enzo Crashes: Repeat as Needed

Read this people,
446 enzos sold till date!
Old 23rd June 2008, 20:53   #11
BHPian

well if u'd want exclusive stuff, go ahead for a spyker C12 zagato ,
coz they have only 24.
well there are official numbers and there are rumours. i'd say there cant be more than 400 Enzos.
coz probably the sheik in dubai would have got himself 10 - 15
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:20   #12
Team-BHP Support

Customers also cheat Ferrari, promising that they will not sell the car for speculation
Old 23rd June 2008, 21:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Customers also cheat Ferrari, promising that they will not sell the car for speculation
thats not right, you have paid for the car in full based on the hoopla ferrari creates about the limited number, now its all upto the owners to do what they want with the cars, thats not cheating, but when the automaker doesnt abide by the contract set forth to sell X number of cars, thats cheating..
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:05   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thats not right, you have paid for the car in full based on the hoopla ferrari creates about the limited number, now its all upto the owners to do what they want with the cars, thats not cheating, but when the automaker doesnt abide by the contract set forth to sell X number of cars, thats cheating..
If I remember, Ferrari made one extra Enzo, not 100 extra. Who said the manufacturer did create a contract ? Look tat the end result - limited edition = high retained value + more. A few more cars may not make too much of a difference

Ferrari do ask owners not to indulge and filter the orders. The owners go back on their words
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:26   #15
BHPian

My decision is not based on this thread, but I think if I ever have that kind of money, I'll never buy any kind of Ferrari.

I hate the whole snob value associated with it. And it's not as exclusive as some of the other supercars out there.

A friend of a friend (in Canada) had an option between the F430 and the V8 Vantage, and he went for the F430. I'd never make such a mistake.

Most Viewed