Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2008, 23:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Next Generation Porsche Cayenne Spied.

I got this news from Worldcarfans.com
Next Generation Porsche Cayenne Spied

The article is :
Quote:
Previously reported by various media as, the Roxster, the prototype pictured above was said to be the smaller brother to the current Porsche Cayenne. However, our spy sources state this is actually the next generation Porsche Cayenne.
The drop in demand for thirsty full size SUVs has forced Porsche to speed up development of the new Cayenne. Porsche boss Wendelin Wiedeking has even been using his ever increasing influence on VW to rush Porsche projects through at the disadvanatge of Volkswagen and Audi.
Oil prices mean we are likely to see a more fuel efficient engine line up, which will include both a hybrid and a diesel.
Porsche hopes to launch the new Cayenne by the first half of 2010, ahead of the second-gen VW Touareg which is expected in late 2010 at the earliest.
Attached Thumbnails
Next Generation Porsche Cayenne Spied.-tbhpnewcayanee1.jpg  

Next Generation Porsche Cayenne Spied.-tbhpnewcayanee2.jpg  

Next Generation Porsche Cayenne Spied.-tbhpnewcayanee3.jpg  

Next Generation Porsche Cayenne Spied.-tbhpnewcayanee4.jpg  

Next Generation Porsche Cayenne Spied.-tbhpnewcayanee5.jpg  

Old 16th July 2008, 00:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the top of the line version ( Quad Exhaust)

The Rear looks damn ugly
Though the lights upfront do look good.

My Verdict : The Current Version is Better
Old 16th July 2008, 09:00   #3
BHPian

Oh boy! Have they made this car look super-ugly! It looks so....Korean! Seems like the designer ran over a frog, and said 'hey, I think I'l make my next car look like this!'
Old 16th July 2008, 09:33   #4

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

wow!!Porsche designers have pulled off the unthinkable...they have made an ugly car even more uglier.It looks like an opel astra banged into the cayennes rear....
In the first pic it actually looks like a sedan as you can see the boot.looks more like a notchback than a SUV.
Old 16th July 2008, 10:12   #5
BHPian

The current gen is far better looking than this one, although must admit the current gen is no beauty itself. Yes, it does have a froggy stance. yikes!!!
Old 16th July 2008, 10:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Surely the rear looks bad and ugly.Phew ! they pulled off a car with an ugly rear end and regarding the front side, nothing much to it either except for the lights.
Old 16th July 2008, 10:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Guess NOT so lovable looking cars sell well.
1. Palio looks and looked best, still didnt and does not sell well.
2. Lancer when launched was/is more beautiful than the OHC but City sales were much higher.
3. NHC outsold the OHC in terms of sale.
4. DZire looks terribly bad, and there is a waiting list which doesnt seem to die.
5. Any Cayenne looks are controversial but it still sells better than the compitition.

PS: I know that some cars didnt sell well as they did not have a great engine or service network, etc.
Old 16th July 2008, 10:31   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, it was never going to look radically different. Porsche follows an evolutionary approach to newer generation designs.
Old 16th July 2008, 11:28   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

The butt looks ugly !

Looks like they are going imitating the X6 rear styling.

Although a diesel and moreover a hybrid are well come ! I expect Porsche to come up with a cracker of a diesel engine thanks to it's relations with VW. 700nM of torque to say the least

There were rumors of Porsche setting up a plant in India, with these two engines in the pipeline, it would be a wise move. Moreover the Panamera would get decent volumes too.

BMW raised the bar to break MB's monopoly.... with Porsche coming in, it's BMW turn to face the heat this time
God bless competition, it just keeps getting better for us consumers !

Last edited by Sahil : 16th July 2008 at 11:36.
Old 16th July 2008, 16:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

the bonnet of the cayene is like of a vw beetle

its looks like a bad attempt to replicate the cayene

like the attempt to make vw beetle in pak

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th July 2008 at 08:14. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 16th July 2008, 17:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Is this some kind of a joke?! the back does not look much different from the prev. gen. and the front is looking downright ugly!!
Old 16th July 2008, 20:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

I agree that the looks are radical. But I dont think that they are really bad. In fact, they have , it looks like atleast, started new design theme.

The rear end is not that bad, but then the front bonnet should not look like it is from parts sharing bins and shares it with Bettle.

The vertical slots in the grillle should also be removed, as this makes the car look like it was designed by Korean designers. I would like better and more agressive head lamps design. The present one looks like they have taken it from Corvette.
Old 24th July 2008, 23:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Some more information.
Quote:
Much like the Porsche 996 to 997 design evolution, the second generation Cayenne will receive a slightly more sculpted body while maintaining the same overall silhouette of the first generation.

When this second gen prototype first hit the streets it was speculated that it was the new “baby” Cayenne fictitiously dubbed, Roxster. However, closer inspection puts this prototype at the same size as the current Cayenne.

Despite decreasing popularity for SUVs, Porsche plans to adapt the Cayenne by offering diesel and hybrid versions. With an accelerated launch schedule, pushed through by Porsche boss Wendelin Wiedeking, Porsche hopes to launch the new Cayenne by the first half of 2010, eclipsing the next generation VW Touareg which is expected to debut in late 2010 at the earliest.

With U.S. sales for the Cayenne up 12.4 percent for the year and Touareg sales down 11.4 percent, it's not difficult to understand why emphasis is being put on the Cayenne.
The link to the above article is :
Second Gen Porsche Cayenne Showing its Curves

I am not able to post the images because of my bad internet connection.
Old 24th July 2008, 23:44   #14
BHPian

The looks of the new Porsche are sort of subdued, I still like the current one better. I have a feeling that a lot of these next-gen cars don't look as hot as the predecessors did.
Old 25th July 2008, 00:02   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

The current version is so much better looking than the version shown here in the spy pics. YUCK is the word that describes it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks