Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2008, 01:56   #1
BHPian

Aston Martin's At It Again - The One-77

Aston Martin has been quiet in terms of future models for some time now. However things are about to change; for the better. Aston Martin’s new baby is called the One-77. Initially the name seems quite strange compared to Aston’s other very well named cars (Vantage, Rapide, Vanquish) however the titles main purpose is to inform people that this car is a very limited edition. That’s right only 77 of this stunning machine will be produced.
Though many official details about the car have not been released much can be extracted from the sketch Aston Martin has provided to the world. As stated in the picture the ‘handcrafted body’ of the new Aston will be made of aluminum that will be teamed up with a carbon-fibre chassis. However the car’s party piece must be the engine. At the ‘heart’ of the car is a 7.0-litre V12. I’d say this engine should be good for a minimum of about 600 bhp and as a result the car will probably be able to crack 200 miles per hour without breaking a sweat. Also expecting anything other than a 0 to 60 mph time close to 3 seconds for this monster would be foolish. These mouth-watering statistics definitely make this car one to desire but at the same time expect the price to be a wallet-busting one. For the rich however it will be a small price to pay, I mean a ‘limited edition’ Aston Martin? What else could one possibly need in this life.
Attached Thumbnails
Aston Martin's At It Again - The One-77-aston.jpg  

Last edited by K-S-A : 9th August 2008 at 02:01. Reason: Font Error
Old 9th August 2008, 02:34   #2
BHPian

Update: It is said that the car will cost 1.3 Million Pounds, thats 300,000 more Pounds that a Veyron. However Aston Martin justifies this price by giving its clients a fair amont of participation in the development of thier car. Clients will be able to chose unique interior/exterior details including the seating arrangement (4-seater or 2-seater convertible). It seems this sales technic is working though as several of the cars have been booked, with a healthy population expected to arrive in the Middle East.
Old 9th August 2008, 04:57   #3
BANNED

An exclusive Aston Martin! That too, just 77!
Is there anything more enticing and inviting?? :drool: :drool:

And if one is also possible to get involved in the development of the car, there'll be thousands who wants their hands on this beauty. As of now, I suspect all the 77s should be gone!
Old 9th August 2008, 09:20   #4
BHPian

This car better be really really good for the price! Being an Aston, it'll definitely be good looking and the details will be crazy too, but the price is seriously a bit too much. And its got the typical Aston curves, something a bit more crazier in design would have been better.
Old 9th August 2008, 10:02   #5
Team-BHP Support

Like every Aston Marin, this car looks great. But, £300,000 more than the Veyron? That's riduculous - even for a long time, die hard fan of Aston Martin like myself.
Remember, it's much slower and less powerful than the Bugatti.
Old 9th August 2008, 13:42   #6
BHPian

77 is still a big number for a limited edition car which costs 1.3 million Pounds.

They should not make more than 25 of these.

Oh well, everything's reasonable when it comes to an Aston Martin I guess.
Old 11th August 2008, 00:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Now thats one heck of a collectors item, pure drool material. This will go down as far more desirable than a veryron.
Old 13th August 2008, 07:00   #8
BHPian

That is one hell of a good looking car, have always been a Aston Martin fan, but if the price mentioned in the tread is right, then it's too over priced.
Old 25th August 2008, 21:08   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Like every Aston Marin, this car looks great. But, £300,000 more than the Veyron? That's riduculous - even for a long time, die hard fan of Aston Martin like myself.
The million pound price tag on the Buggatti is just the MSRP. You can expect the actual price tag to be around 2 Million, since the Veyron was a one off and no more will be made.. In the same vein, the Aston will also be close to the aforementioned figure... Also the V12 might produce 700-800 bhps or more, like Koenigseg CCX.. Which produces a trite more power than the veyron from the V12 supplied by mercedes.

So the price might be an indicator as to how many bhps the Aston may produce
Old 28th August 2008, 10:50   #10
BHPian

One-77 - Worlds most expensive car, by Aston Martin

Priced at 1.3mn euros, the first batch of cars is expected to be delivered to customers at the end of 2009.
Gaydon (Britain): Aston Martin has released scant details and sketches of its new super car codenamed One-77 that will sell for at least 1.3 million euros excluding tax ($1.95 million), making it the most expensive car on the market.
Each of the 77 limited edition Aston Martins will be tailored to the individual buyer and the engineers and designers will work out the exact specifications with the future owner.
The car's aluminium body will be handcrafted and the owner will even be able to choose their own exhaust note. The V12 engine has a top speed of 354 km/h accelerating from zero to 100 km/h in 3.5 seconds, producing around 700 hp.
Aston Martin has identified around 500 potential customers, offering to bring a demonstration model to wherever the customer wishes to see it - either at a reclusive villa, luxury hotel or yacht club. The first cars are expected to be delivered to customers at the end of 2009.

Source: Indo-Asian News Service

After Nano comes world's most expensive One-77 - International News – News – MSN India - News

Also check out
Aston Martin One-77 Home Page

Last edited by PhrozenFire : 28th August 2008 at 10:52.
Old 28th August 2008, 11:33   #11
BHPian

If someone out there has the money, and still does not buy it, may that person go to hell.
Here's another pic in HQAston Martin's At It Again - The One-77-aston_martin_one_77_by_jonsibal.jpg
Old 30th August 2008, 08:59   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Astons are not about speed or power. They're about style and panache!
Imagine driving up in an £ 890,000 veyron.....and then ingine driving up in a limited edition (1 of 77) £ 1.3 million Aston Martin!

Tell me, honestly, which car do you think would make more heads turn?

I rest my case.

Ajinkya
Old 30th August 2008, 09:50   #13
BANNED

Looking for attention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajinkya View Post

Tell me, honestly, which car do you think would make more heads turn?
As of now, the Bugatti will make it. Any doubts?

This Aston is a collector's item. There's no real need for a comparison of it with any other car. A person who wants to buy this one will have his eye set on this only. This is that kind of an exclusive car.

Making the heads turn, is not going to be easy with the Aston. Just because that only a pure fanatic will understand the specialities of this car. Anybody else is going to think of it as just another Aston Martin.
Old 30th August 2008, 10:23   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajinkya View Post
Astons are not about speed or power. They're about style and panache!
Imagine driving up in an £ 890,000 veyron.....and then ingine driving up in a limited edition (1 of 77) £ 1.3 million Aston Martin!

Tell me, honestly, which car do you think would make more heads turn
Hmm. Both deeply traditional names. Both were founded long before names like Ferrari and Jaguar were even thought of. Bugatti - 1909, Aston Martin - 1913.
Neither manufacturer catered to the mass market. Both manufacturers raced together at LeMans. At times, Aston made some of the most powerful cars in the world. So saying that Astons are not about power is not exactly correct.
Traditionally, both these manufacturers cater to the same clientele.
Old 30th August 2008, 10:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

I deeply love aston martin
and this seems to be a masterpeice.
Gosh someone give me 3 Million Pounds (Cost to buy, import and maintain )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks