Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2004, 01:04   #1
BHPian

This awesome piece of machinery...is finally mine...

cant beleive i am sitting in one..

I had few options...the Infiniti FX35, Acura TL and the Infiniti G35 and the 3 series...I picked the G35 out of all of them..and I got a great deal as well..

Its practically fully loaded, the only thing it doesnt have is the XM radio and the navi system..I didnt really care for either of the 2..it would be nice to have the navi but I am pretty happy with what I got..

I was just passing by a road next to my house which has about 20 king size dealers...I saw this Ivory white G35 sitting on the rails with awesomely tinted windows and underbody spoilers and wing and everything...It blew my heart away the very sec...I said ok, let me take a U turn and come back...I did...and started discussing the price and stuff...he quoted 29,900...something unheard of for a 1 year old G35 with 10k miles on it..with all the options it had..ppl had been selling similar config for 32-33..so i immediately got interested...we talked a little and seemed like the guy had priced it wrong it was suppose to be 32k...I said I dont care..u told me 30 and thats what I am going to consider...anyhow..I was fooliong around cuz I knew my credit history is not really the best..so was highly unlikely i would get approved..I was quite saddened..by that thought..but i still went ahead...negotiated for a trade in and down payment for about 2 hours and finally I said ok..this is it..this is the price I am giving you..he agreed after trying to sell me some auto starters and stupid stuff for a ton of money..which I declined..anyhow he agreed on my price and we started the loan approving process...guess what I got approved..that brought a smile to my face like I have just had a baby or something (btw i dont know that feeling, but i guess it must be similar) anyhow..I finaly got the car...I had not looked at it..I had not driven it...but i knew I could return it if even the smallest thing was wrong..but since the guy who owned it before me had kept it very nicely..i really didnt have to think about it much...anyhow..The very first time I drove it I was thrilled..cant even explain...what it felt like...then when I stretched its legs on the road for few secs..it felt like no other car...mind blowing...it a WOW!! factor machine..much better than the 3 I was considering..thanx the good lord for sucha *great deal and such a gret timing...

here are some of the pictures...I would give you more details as I unfold them myself...

Side View

Back View

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

Pic5

Cheers

Old 23rd June 2004, 01:22   #2
BHPian

hey i have only 2 things to say
1. congrats
2. car looks awesome
Old 23rd June 2004, 12:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

wow!!!
looks really good!!
where do you stay in the us buddy?
where did u get the puja done??
pitsburg temple???
asking this coz my unc drove all the way from dallas(forthworth) to get the puja done for his lexus in the *lord Venkateshwara temple!

Old 23rd June 2004, 12:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

what car were you using before?
Old 23rd June 2004, 13:13   #5
Team-BHP Support

damn crazi....thats one awesome car! Good choice....I'm glad you didn't go mainstream and get one of the usual 3 series or something! This one will sure stand out fromt he rest.

happy drivin!

Rtech
Old 23rd June 2004, 14:14   #6
BHPian

Yep Crazi, Brilliant Choice this. Congratulations brah.. You've earned yourself a 'Rep'.
Earlier it was 0 , so now its 1.

But seriously, man.. its without a doubt. Wickeeed:
Old 23rd June 2004, 14:20   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey C4S,

First of all, Congratulations on your almost new car. It looks just like brand new, and you are obviously enjoying every bit of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ].we talked a little and seemed like the guy had priced it wrong it was suppose to be 32k...I said I dont care..u told me 30 and thats what I am going to consider...anyhow..I was fooliong around cuz I knew my credit history is not really the best..so was highly unlikely i would get approved..I was quite saddened..by that thought..but i still went ahead...negotiated for a trade in and down payment for about 2 hours and finally I said ok..this is it..this is the price I am giving you..he agreed after trying to sell me some auto starters and stupid stuff for a ton of money..which I declined..anyhow he agreed on my price and we started the loan approving process...guess what I got approved
I am afraid but you have fallen for a most universal gimmick in the American used car market. I dont mean to add a sour lemon to your experience, but every used car dealer in the States practices this form of fraudulent negotiation. First, he will tell you that he has priced the car wrong. Then he will pre-approve you despite however bad your credit rating is. Chances are that within 10 working days, you will get a letter from the financing company saying that the interest rate the dealer offered you initially is no longer applicable and bang - Heres your new significantly higher EMI (Equated Monthly Installments). I assume they have already taken your signature on a letter that states this loan is yet to be confirmed - Read the small print...Really....take your paperwork out and read the small print again. If you refuse the new EMI, you have no other option but to drop the car back and lose your down payment and a whole lot of other charges. Added to that is the severe beating your credit rating will take for not honouring a loan agreement.

Remember the golden rules of car purchase in the United States
1. Never ever bargain on the down payment or the EMI's. First and foremost, bargain on the actual price of the car.
2. Dont mention a trade-in until the price for your new car has been finalised.
3. If he says that he has mistakenly priced the vehicle wrong, walk away. These are professionally run organisations where ever $ counts. There is no chance of them pricing a car wrong and this is indicative of terrible ethics and management.
4. DO NOT TAKE DELIVERY OF THE CAR if you are made to sign on an agreement with a "Subject to Finance approval" Clause.
5. Do some research on Kellys Blue Book for retail and trade-in values.
6. Run a car-fax (www.carfax.com) on your car. It is not 100% accurate, but I bet it is close to 90%. It will tell you if your car has been damaged, stolen, was a write-off, how many previous owners...all for only $20.

C4S, I am also very very surprised that you did not bargain on his $29,900 price. You must do some research online and look through classifieds for realistic market prices. The Kellys blue book puts a private party sale value of $27,000 on your car (I entered 2003 vintage, fully loaded and automatic transmission with excellent condition overall). Buttttttttttt the trade in value is $24000 and some change. The retail value was at $30,100. But remember that the KBB is always a little optimistic and I have always....always seen actual transactions happen atleast 10% below KBB values - Both in California and in Boston.

What really makes the whole situation terrible is that a brand new 2004 Infiniti G35 Sports Sedan leather with Auto transmission has an MSRP of only $30,300. Source - The Infiniti Website

Also please check out this link that I got from howstuffworks. It details the Top 10 Dealer Scams.

I really dont mean to kill your new car pleasure...but this is a fact and its happening everywhere in the United States. Being informed is your only protection against these scams.

GTO
Old 23rd June 2004, 15:22   #8
RJK
Senior - BHPian

C4s

awsome car man..looks fantastic...

GTO...some knowledge you have of the used car market in US! Keep it up man..i'm sure this will help others before they make a decision
Old 23rd June 2004, 18:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

man..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gto i am speechless
Old 23rd June 2004, 21:37   #10
BHPian

Hey GTO,
* I know what you are syaing..but I really didnt want this car to get out of my hand...didnt care fi i paid a grand or a little more for it..but

I did my little research..private party kbb for my car is
Private Party Value Search Local Listings for This Car * $29,360 *

Trade in comes to Trade-In Value List Your Car For Sale Online * $26,675 * *
I know this is the price the guy would have got cuz he was a friend of the dealership's owner..so i doubt they would have cheated him...

and finally this is the kbb retail..
Retail Value Search Local Listings for This Car * $32,060

I did a little bit fo research myself..ok..agreed..max ppl get dupped but this time I asked him to show me in the computer where it said 32,200 as the asking price..anyhow....the only mistake i made was not knowning the trade-in value of the g35 which is what i should have used my basis as for bargaining..anyhow..but mycar was really not worth anything, cuz i had driven it to dust..it was in fair condition I30, 1997...which had suspension problems and few other things...the kbb trade-in for that was 3600$$...now i know it was worth less than that cuz of issues it had..if i had to get it done it would have costed me 1k, but the dealer can fix it if he wants in 500 i would say..so makes my car worth 3k...now i got my trade in value to be 5k and g35 to be 30k..so if i would have got the retail down to 28k he would have not give me more than 3.5k for my car then..so i could have had it for 24.5 or something like that..agree i paid a little more than that but its well worth it, i think..

i also know..whenever i goto the dealership i am always scared what kind of a deal will we come up with..cuz i know dealers are always winners...

but i love my car..so no regrets...but i know what u r saying..i someday want to squeeze a dealer to the last drop...but for that i guess experience counts..i got my last car at a dealer(uncle) auction..which is not the same as an auction..this is the auction where dealers exchange cars..anyhow..i should ask my dealer uncle what does he think of the deal..hopefully it wasnt too bad

anyhow..thanx for the info man..i will check on my interest rate from time to time..and ofcourse i will check the carfax cuz the dealer gave me 2 months to come back with any mechanical problems with no cost of labor and parts to me..so i will do that..

thanx for the heads up..i was soo engrossed in my car that i wouldnt think beyound it.

anyhow..

cheers..

Old 23rd June 2004, 21:44   #11
BHPian

and yeah the brand new retail for the car with the options in it comes to 37,000 and some change..so i would belive that the 1 year old would be 7k less...when i say fully loaded..it means..spts pkg..premium pkg, aero kit with spoiler(which alone is 3k i belive)..anyhow..that much i knew

cheers...
Old 23rd June 2004, 21:46   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Anytime C4S. I do hope there are no nasty surprises, and things stay as calm as right now.

Enjoy the drive

GTO
Old 23rd June 2004, 21:47   #13
BHPian

Man gto you scared me 30k for a new one , you should know its the base and you will always end up adding stuff to it, this is what my car would have come with if new...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Packages and Options

Emissions Upgrade Incl.

Bose® Audio System Incl.

Power Sunroof Incl.

Premium Package $3200

All-Season Tires Incl.

Sport Tuned Suspension Package $425

Accessories

Aerodynamic Body Kit (With Spoiler) $2910

Base MSRP $30,300.00

Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $6,535.00

Destination & Handling $590.00

Total Configured MSRP† $37,425.00

*infinti website..

cheers..

Old 23rd June 2004, 21:47   #14
Team-BHP Support

gto: excellent write-up on the dealer scam. i know of a couple of friends who have been duped by similar methods.

crazi...: great car! a cousin of mine was looking at the q35 (the coupe cousin of the g35). ping me if u're around the manhattan area sometime, would love to check da car out - if thats ok with you, ofcourse..
Old 23rd June 2004, 21:50   #15
BHPian

hey man..i am in the chicagoland area..i would have love to show my car if i were there, but u never know...just to get the feel of my car i my drive down..i drove downt o ny 02 winter..it was fun..just too long 12 hours..

cheers..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks