Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 21:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post

Daewoo WindStorm SUV
Attachment 74598
Thats looks like the Chevy captiva.

Last edited by heavy_foot : 14th December 2009 at 21:27.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Thats looks like the Chevy captiva.
it is Chevy captiva , known as winstorm in Asian markets.

Daewoo Winstorm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 15th December 2009, 11:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Are there any India made Santros / i10s on the road? And do Suzuki Japan/ Maruti have any presence there?
Old 15th December 2009, 13:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Are there any India made Santros / i10s on the road? And do Suzuki Japan/ Maruti have any presence there?
I had seen a couple i10's when I was there. Japanese have very less presence in Korea. Japanese rulers used to invade Korea quit often during the era of kings and kingdoms. Hence Koreans sort of dislike Japanese made goods. I had spotted only one suzuki car. However HINO the truck brand of Toyota has quite a presence in Korea. I cannot recall seeing a Honda too.

You can spot lots of BMW's in Korea, but Japanese made cars are very few and difficult to spot.
Old 15th December 2009, 15:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

I don't think that's an S8.Looks like a normal A8 with badly finished after-market exhausts and a S8 badge.It does not have the subtly integrated boot spoiler too.
Old 18th December 2009, 22:55   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitss View Post
I had seen a couple i10's when I was there. Japanese have very less presence in Korea. Japanese rulers used to invade Korea quit often during the era of kings and kingdoms. Hence Koreans sort of dislike Japanese made goods. I had spotted only one suzuki car. However HINO the truck brand of Toyota has quite a presence in Korea. I cannot recall seeing a Honda too.

You can spot lots of BMW's in Korea, but Japanese made cars are very few and difficult to spot.
Interesting fact why Suzuki is not a sought out model in Korea, Any idea how does Hyundai cars look in their home ground compared to one produced in India or is it of the same type?
Old 19th December 2009, 08:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarman_008 View Post
Interesting fact why Suzuki is not a sought out model in Korea, Any idea how does Hyundai cars look in their home ground compared to one produced in India or is it of the same type?

Hyundai cars in Korea have the same body and interiors as that of in India. They sell under a different name (For eg: Chevrolet Captiva is Daewoo Winstorm in Korea, Chevrolet Optra is Daewoo Lacetti in Korea) However there are additional features which are not available on the Indian versions.
Old 19th December 2009, 15:28   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitss View Post

If you go through the earlier pictures, you will find a Matiz and an Atoz. The Atoz is essentially a Hyundai Santro with a different be-hind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
I don't think that's an S8.Looks like a normal A8 with badly finished after-market exhausts and a S8 badge.It does not have the subtly integrated boot spoiler too.
It looks like a base Audi A8 (could be a 4.2 V8) with S8 badging and hideous aftermarket pipes. The wheels don't look like the ones you get on an S8 too (More like the ones you get on the 4.2 V8 variant)

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th December 2009 at 15:34.
Old 20th December 2009, 00:19   #39
BHPian

I heard that Ford is a premium brand in Philippines. What about Ford in Korea?
Old 20th December 2009, 02:03   #40
Senior - BHPian

Interesting thread. More Pics please!! Would also be interesting to know how much each cars cost compared to their Indian siblings...
Old 21st December 2009, 09:06   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarman_008 View Post
I heard that Ford is a premium brand in Philippines. What about Ford in Korea?
One can spot American brands in Korea. You can find Ford, Dodge and GM vehicles are under the brand name of Daewoo. The major brands that exist in Korea are GM/Daewoo, Hyundai, Kia, Samsung/Renault & SSangyong. these brands majorly flood the markets there. Apart from these one can spot BMW's, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus & Infinity in the premium brands.
Old 14th October 2012, 14:05   #42
BHPian

Re: Car Scene from Hyundailand - South Korea

Was in Seoul for 3 days last month on a business visit. Some of my observations:

1. The roads seem so familiar! Captiva/Optras/Tuscons/Sonata/Elantra/Accent/Verna/Getz/Santa Fe/Matiz-Spark/Atoz/Teana/Fluence everywhere...

2. In Seoul, I could mostly see only Hyundai/Kia/BMW/Lexus/Samsung(Renault-Nissan JV partner)/Other Koreans. No mainstream Japs except a few Honda Accords.

3. 'D' segment sedans rule. Sonata is the standard size. Few Elantras. Very few Vernas. Very, very few hatchbacks - Getz/Atoz/Matiz. No i20. No i10. i asked a chap in office why - he said 'big cars, big people, small cars, small people'!

4. The Koreans love their sedans in black - never saw so many of them in one place!

5. Most of the cars seemed new - for instance, the new Sonatas completely outnumber the last 2 gens.

6. The KIAs look GREAT - euro muscular solid. The Fluidic styling looks great on the Sonata - especially in Black. Two different design philosophies - both work just great!

7. Every third person was asking me about Aamir Khan's 3 Idiots

8. Sorry for the pics quality! From the mobile.

9. IPhones are pretty popular in the land of Samsung!

10. Some of the chintzy 'koreanness' still remain - check out the LED lighting of the chartered bus we used for the airport drop!
Attached Thumbnails
Car Scene from Hyundailand - South Korea-img776.jpg  

Car Scene from Hyundailand - South Korea-img767.jpg  

Car Scene from Hyundailand - South Korea-img781.jpg  

Car Scene from Hyundailand - South Korea-img782.jpg  

Car Scene from Hyundailand - South Korea-img783.jpg  

Car Scene from Hyundailand - South Korea-img785.jpg  

Car Scene from Hyundailand - South Korea-img788.jpg  

Car Scene from Hyundailand - South Korea-img794.jpg  

Car Scene from Hyundailand - South Korea-img769.jpg  

Car Scene from Hyundailand - South Korea-img814.jpg  

d_himan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 17:20   #43
BHPian

Its amazing how the ugly cousins Hyundai and Kia are getting transformed into beautiful / smart / contemporaneity designs with the new fluidic design themes.

Hyundai and Kia are the fastest growing brand in Gulf and with the 5 yrs unlimited warranty and service package / 5 yrs free service package as standard across models, they are becoming top brands here.
arunu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 20:49   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post

Very few Vernas. Very, very few hatchbacks - Getz/Atoz/Matiz. No i20. No i10. i asked a chap in office why - he said 'big cars, big people, small cars, small people'!

Every third person was asking me about Aamir Khan's 3 Idiots
Actually, in sharp contrast Japan has many small hatches, along with the C and D segment cars on its roads as sub 600 cc engined cars get tax rebates. There appears to be no such tax breaks in South Korea for smaller engines.
Amir Khan's popularity in South Korea is quite amazing!
Old 14th October 2012, 22:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Actually, in sharp contrast Japan has many small hatches, along with the C and D segment cars on its roads as sub 600 cc engined cars get tax rebates. There appears to be no such tax breaks in South Korea for smaller engines.
Amir Khan's popularity in South Korea is quite amazing!
Small cars are very limited in Korea. 90% case I see old ladies drive small cars. I have never seen i10 in Korea. However, I can see i20, i30 there. I would be providing more updates in coming days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks