Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2009, 01:56   #1
BHPian

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009

The Bahrain International Motor Show started yesterday but due to some personal obligations, I was not able to make it, but I had made up my mind not to miss it expecting something great!

To say the truth it was rather a disappointment due to the fact that most of the cars on display are cars sold

here, so basically if I wanted to see these I could have just drove around to the showrooms for a click. The only good thing was the few beautifully restored cars other than that there were few dragster's but since I am not so much in to it I did not spend too much time around those.

I believe two cars were launched yesterday but I didn’t see any that were not on the roads yet, so I guess either those are not on display or I have got my facts wrong about the launch.

The event itself was not so much of an organized event (at least I felt so), as there were no sign boards saying which gate to be used, I spent the first 30 minutes walking from one end to the other end looking for the gate till I got to ask one the few security guards that were strolling around.

The monster truck was supposed to put on a show but inspite of me sticking around that for quite some time nothing seemed to be happening. There was supposed to be a DJ playing but I guess that too starts quite late! As the bizarre weather here keeps changing that too didn’t help either(‘IT RAINED IN APRIL’, now that doesn’t happen quite often around here and the very fact that this place is located in the middle of the desert with high winds was making it chilly as hell). Me being me was not adequately clothed for this sort of chilly weather, so since I could see neither serious attractions nor any major happenings around there I came back home.

The simple fact that we don’t get a lot of these around here was enough for me to be happy! (Contradicting myself, see the second para)

Now for some pics: (if you would like to see the complete set see my picasa album

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1222.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1226.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1229.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1278.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1242.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1246.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1283.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1285.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1333.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1308.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1234.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1235.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1261.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1266.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1267.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1289.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1321.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1317.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1309.jpg

Bahrain International Motor Show 2009-img_1327.jpg
Old 4th April 2009, 02:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_know View Post
To say the truth it was rather a disappointment due to the fact that most of the cars on display are cars sold
disappointed ? a lot of us would have loved to be there.

some really nice pics.thanks for putting them up.why is the royal enfield next to the kawasaki banner. the mustangs always catch my eye.

the monster truck show(if there was one) would have been something !!
Old 4th April 2009, 02:22   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
disappointed ? a lot of us would have loved to be there.
See the last sentence of the first post. The disappointment as I was expecting a lot more cars (greedy me!, as if these are not good enough)

Obviously I was way more than happy to see those cars, it was the first time I saw the Reventon and the Veyron and some other cars in flesh. I guess they were holding back the Monster truck show cos of the rain. There were some GTR's for the drag race, dont think it happened cos the rain again.

The Royal Enfield and Kawasaki dealer is the same thats why they are in the same place.

Last edited by dr_know : 4th April 2009 at 02:25.
Old 4th April 2009, 08:56   #4
BHPian

dr_know, Where is it being held and till when ?
Old 4th April 2009, 11:24   #5
BHPian

The show is held in Bahrain (I know a lot of people have not heard of this place, its an island nation in the middle east towards the south east coast of Saudi Arabia).

PS: I will be going there again hopefully today to catch some monster truck action and I think the first day was for only invited guests with the car launches, I noticed on the entry ticket that only yesterday and today is dated. I also happened to notice today (when stuck in traffic) that the ticket actually has the list of events with the timings.
Old 4th April 2009, 12:10   #6
BHPian

dr_know -
where exactly in bahrain is this being held? is it at the exhibition centre near seef mall?
Old 4th April 2009, 12:12   #7
BHPian

I ment to ask where in Bahrain, I am expecting to visit Bahrain next week.
Old 4th April 2009, 12:49   #8
BHPian

Quote:
leodelg - where exactly in bahrain is this being held? is it at the exhibition centre near seef mall?

aston martin - I ment to ask where in Bahrain, I am expecting to visit Bahrain next week
It is held at the BIC (Bahrain International Circuit, F1 Track), it was supposed to be an outdoor show but due to the rain they moved it to the pits and the covered areas they have there, todays the last day for this event.

Last edited by dr_know : 4th April 2009 at 12:52.
Old 4th April 2009, 13:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

What's wrong with that matt Gold SLR? Looks chopped off from the back or is it an SLR replica based on some other car?
Old 4th April 2009, 13:21   #10
BHPian

Thats a Mansory SLR. The roof is Grey/black the photo's angle is probably making it looked chopped. (slrs anyway have a short rear deck)
Old 4th April 2009, 13:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
Thats a Mansory SLR. The roof is Grey/black the photo's angle is probably making it looked chopped. (slrs anyway have a short rear deck)

True its a Mansory SLR, I couldnt get around to get more photos as some stupid kids had tried to climb on those exotics so the security was not allowing anyone to go near those.

More photos of the same can be found on autoblog
Old 4th April 2009, 15:40   #12
BHPian

Fancy seeing a Reventon, a Veyron, a Saleen and a Mansory SLR next to each other! It can only happen in the Gulf....

Excellent pics!
Old 4th April 2009, 17:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Some nice retro cars spotted-Mustangs espcially
Old 4th April 2009, 21:52   #14
BHPian

@ f450: Thanks!

@ hillram: yea there were lots of them, beautifully done with a lot of attention detail.

PS: I am not going to the event today so am going to miss out on the monster truck action, I have an appointment with the dentist!
Old 4th April 2009, 22:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_know View Post
It is held at the BIC (Bahrain International Circuit, F1 Track), it was supposed to be an outdoor show but due to the rain they moved it to the pits and the covered areas they have there, todays the last day for this event.
Been there for 22 years and I don't recall rains at this time of the year! Nice way to mess up a perfectly good event.

Are all the modded cars permanently registered in Bahrain? Because the last time I heard, the "muroor" was clamping down on heavily modded cars there...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks