Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If it has to be super luxury then which one -
Maybach 62 11 30.56%
RR Phantom 13 36.11%
New Bentley's 400k Machine (you could pick if you have atmost faith in bentleys since no previews available) 2 5.56%
S600 Pullman 0 0%
760Li Mutech Stretch 2 5.56%
Maybach Stretch lets call it 74, add another 1.2m to the body 8 22.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2004, 02:41   #31
BHPian

the Maybach is the technically superior car but i still gotta go with the Phantom .....after all it is a Rolls Royce and there is absoloutely nothing on earth that is better than a Rolls Royce.
Old 9th July 2004, 17:21   #32

RRPhantom sounds better because of its legacy and BMW powered engine..
Old 10th July 2004, 06:29   #33
BHPian

I wouldnt say that maybach doesnt have the panache...it use to be made and at that time..it wad comparable to RR..so you cant rule it out saying its a Stretched S..ok may be in some visual aspects its is..but still..(i personally feel that merc should have made a very bold looking car like the RR, but anyways)..I personally love the maybach and if I had the money probably get that before anything and then knowning I have so much money..will go for the RR year or so after that :-P hehe!! but yeah RR and maybach 62, a tough choice..

and keeping the whole senario in mind..I think that the maybach has many more creature comforts than RR and also a better interior trim..I dont know y RR is still stuck..in a little off beat enviornment..anyhow...still would love to have both...plus 62 is not really self driven, whereas the RR you can self drive but for that then Bentley T would be the best..

cheers

Old 10th July 2004, 14:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

not a big fan of the luxury cars at all
i HAVE to be able to drive a car to like it ( hate being a passenger ! )
Old 10th July 2004, 18:59   #35
BHPian

As Hatari said,luxury cars make no sense,& u wldnt wanna
b a passenger in a car where ud pay a bomb & c sm1 elzzz drive it.But yea outta all those cars mentioned,the *6.75L V12, 48 valve, 453@5350hp of the RR Phantom Sedan impressed me the most,but again 320,000$ is a lot.
Old 12th July 2004, 13:22   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In this segment of the market, its the brand that counts the most to prospective buyers. Very few people actually preview the cars specifications before buying it.

GTO
Old 10th September 2004, 03:53   #37
BHPian

luxury for me is driving pleasure! and i`d def go for a Bentley Arnage or Continental. not the GT though!
Old 11th September 2004, 14:22   #38
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

There is actually nothing special about the Maybach except for the name and the price. Agreed its the most expensive luxury car in the world. But it doesnt mean that its the best. Its just a rebadged stretched S Class. Its got almost the same dials, steering wheels as the "cheaper" S Class. Talk about cutting costs . That's supposed to be least expected when they are reviving the Maybach brand name. Did you know when the Maybach was first unveiled at an Auto Show with the Mercedes grille, prospective buyers didnt like it cos it resembled a Mercedes which produces cheap/small cars (compared to Maybach). Thats why the grille was changed. But still it looks like a stretched Merc. The main reason why the Maybach recd a lot of praises was due to the hype created around it by MB during and prior to its launch.

The Maybach with a Merc grille.
Old 11th September 2004, 14:53   #39
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Also when it comes to Super Luxury cars, i dont think a BMW or a Merc (how much ever stretched or modified) can be classidied as a super luxury car. So that rules out the S600 Pullman, 760Li Mutech Stretch, New Bentley's 400k Machine (cos its not launched) and the Maybach Stretch (cos it doesnt exist)

So i am left with the Maybach 62 , Rolls Phantom and the Arnage Limousine Mulliner.
1.> Rolls Royce Phantom
2.> Bentley Arnage Limousine Mulliner. (without the chrome wheels)
3.> Maybach (only if the other 2 cease to exist )

P.S : I had already voted before but its just that i brought up the discussion with my bro and realised my views on the Maybach.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks