Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If it has to be super luxury then which one -
Maybach 62 11 30.56%
RR Phantom 13 36.11%
New Bentley's 400k Machine (you could pick if you have atmost faith in bentleys since no previews available) 2 5.56%
S600 Pullman 0 0%
760Li Mutech Stretch 2 5.56%
Maybach Stretch lets call it 74, add another 1.2m to the body 8 22.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2004, 10:32   #1
BHPian

What would you do..

I would rank them as

Maybach 62 and RR Phantom draw

Bentley

S600 Pullman

Maybach 74, hell you wouldnt have place for it in US to have someone drive you around in it..(silly one, but always thought what a stretch maybach might look like or be called...74 cuz pullman is a full 1.2m longer than S so I added 1.2 to 62, also 7 and 4 happen to be my 2 lucky numbers..)

760Li Mutech Strech

and if you havent seen the mutech here you go..($ 350k+)

Cheers..
Old 3rd March 2004, 11:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

When it comes to Comfort, there's nothing that can compare to a stretched Maybach. The silence, the quality, the finish, the name.....

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 3rd March 2004, 12:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

For me it has to be the S600 Pullman or the RR Phantom . BMW looks good but I really dont like the idea of a BMW stretch limozine. Maybach is over expensive . And honestly I dont like too much of luxury so the S and the RR would do for me

Cheers
Old 3rd March 2004, 13:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry Dip, i don't think any off us like luxury that much.

i can make myself comfortable in almost any car except a "Hyundai"

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 3rd March 2004, 13:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha couldnt have put it better there pal

Cheers
Old 3rd March 2004, 14:07   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

For me, Super Luxury = Maybach!

GTO
Old 3rd March 2004, 14:10   #7
Team-BHP Support

Rolls Royce Phantom and Bentley.... in that order.
I wouldn't even consider the others. They are definitely good cars, but just not classy enough to even come close to the RR or Bentley.
Old 3rd March 2004, 15:50   #8
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Phantom and then Bentley
Old 4th March 2004, 12:54   #9
Team-BHP Support

maybach 62
Old 26th April 2004, 23:56   #10
BHPian

Well for me It has to be the Maybach 74. The interiors of the car is just STUNNING.
BTW Guys I think if I had to spend money then I would definately go for the Pullman from the List or go to DC and have it made. Have u seen the Autocar Issue. Have a look at the S320 Strech JOB. ITS AMAZING what he has done and tht too in just 45 days. And talk abt value for money. Most of the things from the Maybach like Ventilated Seats, Champagne Cooler, Massager & a 40" LCD Monitor all for the cost of a mere 30 Lakhs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 27th April 2004, 01:06   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]or go to DC and have it made. Have u seen the Autocar Issue.
The electric systems of the S-Class are so complex that even the electricians at Auto Hangar refuse to meddle too much with them. Its german engineering 2004 at its best, and I would never let an after-market DC even change a fuse in my C Class, leave aside modifying the wiring of my S Class with fiber optics!!

Second, he has gone and stretchhhhhhhhhhed that S Class like no-bodys business. In stock form, the S is all about sheer brilliance in its chassis dynamics. Adding a couple of meters around the belly is going to kill all that the S Class really stood for.

All the extras you mention are really good...I'd really like to see how long they last.

GTO
Old 27th April 2004, 03:02   #12
BANNED

well guys i would just opt for the beemer.....think it is the best!!!
Old 27th April 2004, 07:44   #13
Team-BHP Support

Hey RG,

good to see u back with a bang

The DC job on the S-class does sound impressive.
GTO, i guess no matter who stretches a car it is bound to alter the handling dynamics, as for the electricals i doubt he has altered much, but instead just added apliances which im sure the Sclass electricals had provisions for. (However i agree that i wld never want to get a S stretched here)

RG - how much has he stretched it by? is it the black one that was done about 1-2years back belonging to the ambanis?
also, doesnt the S class aldready come with ventilated (and massaging?) seats??

cya
R
Old 27th April 2004, 11:33   #14
Team-BHP Support

Read an article on the S600 Pullman in CAR - it was a real slug compared to the normal S class - That way - a Maybach or Rolls is engineered to be a limo which handles ok (you cannot expect it to be fun) from the start
Old 27th April 2004, 12:23   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]GTO, i guess no matter who stretches a car it is bound to alter the handling dynamics, as for the electricals i doubt he has altered much, but instead just added apliances which im sure the Sclass electricals had provisions for.
Undoubtedly, but if I was to opt for a stretched S Class, I would rather have it from someone who understands cars much beyond the glittery skin on top. Why do you think DC does not modify the mechanicals (engine, suspensions etc.) of any creations? For the simple reason that his main expertise is in beautifying the exterior...not enhancing the performance.

And to quote DC from autocarindia, he said the most difficult thing in the making of this S Class was to incorporate a touch screen and modify the electrical system. He actually used Fibre Optics in this car!!! If thats not complex, I dont know what is.

The point I am trying to make is that S Classes are anyways very very very complicated machines, and Mercedes quality by itself is not what it used to be. If the authorised workshop, that has been trained by Mercedes Benz itself, is wary of fiddling around with the wiring of a stock S Class, whats the point of saying bye bye to your warranty and potentially getting home an electrical disaster by installing fibre optics and stretching the body by a considerable amount?

GTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks