Team-BHP - Unreliable luxury cars!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Unreliable luxury cars! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/6463-unreliable-luxury-cars-2.html)

Quote:

And the reason that Merc officials gave was basically - Mercedes owners are very picky about their rides and thus come back to the dealerships for every little thing, hence the high "repair incidents".
Can't help being picky when the fuel pump gives up on you, leaving you stranded in the middle of the highway. Happened to my uncle when he was driving his S500 (his case is pretty similar to that of Jeremy Clarkson).

Shan2nu

Quote:

dont intend to dissapoint you but there are quite a couple of luxus cabs here in Canada among the lincolns and fords. Surprisingly the sonata v6 is also used as a cab here.
in my 4 years in Canada i have never seen a Lexus cab ..
Lincolns, dodge/ford etc minivans, Intrepids,Impalas,malibus,crown vics,taurus's make up for the CAB fleet...

which model of the lexus cab did you spot ?and which cab company did it belong to?

Well, I haven't seen any Lexus Cabs in the US so far either.....
Strange

@Shan2nu: LOL.... See, Merc Owners are so picky about their fuel pumps :D No wonder they are giving Mercedes a bad name.

I dont know about cab companies stuff. I have not been here that long.LOL! I am here as a student.

I believe it was the lexus ES330 but can be a different lexus model though. I even saw a chrysler 300 cab once if that amazes you. I uttered at that moment itself "u fools this 300 is not meant to be a cab".

BTW can some1 see and verify the news on this link??? they say tata is a volkswagon company.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/105070...ry_4946985.asp

"Sources say the Combi will be larger than the Indigo Marina and Corsa Swing, the other two station wagons from the stable of Volkswagen’s Indian subsidiary."

Not at all surprising.Japs do make cars which are powerful,reliable and comfortable at an affordable price.The Lexus brand is a very prestigious one.A lot of people swear by it.Just love thier RX330 aka Toyota Harrier SUV.
And talking about the Japs,well they do have the best of the car companies churning out one of the best cars outta thier stable.

X

I doubt whether there are Lexus cabs. There may be Toyota's, but Lexus seems to be doubtful.

Quote:

I believe it was the lexus ES330 but can be a different lexus model though. I even saw a chrysler 300 cab once if that amazes you. I uttered at that moment itself "u fools this 300 is not meant to be a cab".
hard to believe dude .. will lookout for one when am there next though ..
i have seen car rentals with chrysler 300's ...like Avis ,National etc ...
downtowns the place to spot the beauties ..
if you want to see the pimped out rides hit the "guverment" parking lot ..

yeah! I know it is hard to believe THE CAB SIGHT. My own eye***** popped out at the heinous sight.THE CHRYSLER LOOKED LIKE bILL GATES WEARING A BLUE COLLAR UNIFORM and the lexus looked like Schumacher has been given a new job of transporting people around

Btw I found the acura, lexus and infiniti finish to be better than the honda and toyota AND NISSAN cars. they rock

it is true the finish are better than the jap ones ..

but you will notice a lot of buyers prefer going for the BMW 3 than Lexus IS300 ..why because everything is in that car is toyota including the v-vti which is a major put off for most buyers ...under the IS300 breathes the same engine that pulls the camry .. IS300 is also the Toyota Altezza do you think i would be right in saying i rather pay 45g's for the bimmer than buy a fast toyota ?

on this ...guys how good (refined/reliable etc ) is the v-vti 3.3l V6 as compared to the BMW 3L straight 6 ?

yeah dats true. No grudges against against any companies but just a fact.

Mitsubishi and ford were caught trying to hide defects and repairing the cars without divulging the details in US and japan. But then Honda and toyota had to recall higher percetages of cars than the first two manufacturers to repair the defects. All the companies stand in the same waters is what I will say. Buy Indian or else buy anything you like without any brand preferences.

Quote:

Hey i have never seen a lexus being used as a taxi here though i have seen a few Camry's being used as taxi's. But, ya i also saw a Chrysler 300 being used as a cab here. Apparently, people here say Chrysler's have transmission problems post 30k kms, so i m wondering why the guy bought a 300 as a cab... :confused:

I guess audi is the best luxury carmaker of the lot!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Can't help being picky when the fuel pump gives up on you, leaving you stranded in the middle of the highway. Happened to my uncle when he was driving his S500 (his case is pretty similar to that of Jeremy Clarkson).

Shan2nu

It was due to a defective Bosch component - there was a recall for this

Merc rules nowadays in unreliability, I guess M class was the most unreliable car in Top Gear survey. But Iam surprised to see BMW and Cayenne, never heard any issues about them. Merc should really learn something from Lexus. clap:

@Turbo_Lover: The IS300 uses an Inline-6 while the Camry has a V-6. Also, the IS300 is a rear-wheel drive car, unlike the Front-wheel drive Camry. There's a host of stuff on the IS300 which is absent from most Toyotas. Is the Altezza the japanese version of the IS300? I haven't heard of it in the US.