Team-BHP - Unreliable luxury cars!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Unreliable luxury cars! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/6463-unreliable-luxury-cars-3.html)

I believe the luxury models from the big makers are better buys than the original luxury car makers like bmw and mercedes.

I find lexus infiniti and acura to be much better

Great to see that Audi has been working silently towards perfection. Same goes for Skoda. Audi is really the only hardcore German manufacturer not to have featured on the list. Good that the Phaeton is not there too.

Its a sad story for MB, but i feel the quality was doomed ever since they merged with those americans.

I am a fan of german cars because of their solid build quality, high speed stability and their no-compromise attitude over safety equipment. Merc A class comes with airbags but even the new honda city does'nt have them here !

Well, Luxury comes with two options sports luxury or pure luxury. There;s one saying for BMW's

"Once a BMW owner, always a BMW owner"

Never compare a Jap car with a german make. BMW/MB sticks to the road on turnings like no other car. Lexus is still a toyota, no doubt its smooth with minimal problems and smooth ride. But when you are behind the wheel you want to be rough and unbeatable on road and that only a german car can give you.

one should drive an Audi RS6 or S4. You will feel the punch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar24
Merc should really learn something from Lexus. clap:

No need to go that far. If they look back in their own past, they will learn it all and can also teach Lexus a few lessions in car making.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135
No need to go that far. If they look back in their own past, they will learn it all and can also teach Lexus a few lessions in car making.

Yes.Lexus is already taking "secret lessons in copying technology".they copy tech from Mercedes,BMW .Anybody mention one important device that lexus have invented.They even went to the extent of copying mercs folding roof in their SC coupe.Make it 2 secs faster and then say ours is better.it is no use and relatively easy refining someone else's tech.First they should learn to invent something and then they will see problems+invention go hand in hand like in some Mercs and Bmw's.Germans have always been inventors so they are bound to run into teething troubles.

Lexus has kept up to its brand name. Mercedes and BMW have not been able to respond to all of the customers probs....a suspension problem in my friends M class was not completely rectified by the Merc dudes

But Lexus does not have a brand image.Lexus commands no respect like Merc,BMW,Jaguar..... except in the US.

short defination for Lexus is Overengineered Toyota cars.which equals v.good reliability but no brand image.

Well said my friend. Wooden interiors with few gizmos copied from german auto wont make lexus a better buy. Lexus keeps trying to compare with MB/BMW. But MB/BMW needs to comparison with any other auto. They have their own image.

Well coming to the M-class, there might be few problems in older models. Try the new 2006 M Class.

Lexus can be compared to only these models:

Lexus LS 330: Toyota Camry (few changes)
Lexus IS 300: Toyota Corolla( better engine with interiors)
Lexus LX 470: Toyota Land Cruiser
Lexus RX 330: Toyota highlander/RAV4

Hope they invent something on their own and claim a upper hand, not the shorter route