Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

wow the fiesta sure looks upmarket .im sure its going to be priced aver the 10 lakh territory . Wonder what engines they are going to come out with ?
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
wow the fiesta sure looks upmarket .im sure its going to be priced aver the 10 lakh territory . Wonder what engines they are going to come out with ?
It comes with the same 1.6 Duratec, but this car will make 118 BHP and 160 NM torque. It will probably be de tuned for India, but should still be fun nevertheless. Not sure about the diesel engine.
Old 26th December 2009, 11:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

The interiors looks great..
Liked the hatch more than the Sedan.

Loved the alloys though.
Old 26th December 2009, 12:17   #19
BHPian

The new 2011 Fiesta is looking stunning, also good interiors.
Any news on its new engine or Ford is using same 1.6 Duratec engine on it ?? Is their any possibility of its launch in India ?? Any news on its price ??
Old 26th December 2009, 12:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
Is their any possibility of its launch in India ??
Fiesta is due for makeover shortly. But it would be interesting to see if we actually get this sedan over here. Because till date we have got few tailor made models like Figo, Ikon, Fiesta from Ford stable.
Old 26th December 2009, 13:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
OT:

Guys,

Where did you get this from? Well, I have never driven a Cedia and I don't know how it handles, but from what I've read, it's not a very nice handling car! Mitsubishi, apparently have messed around with the Cedia's suspension quite a lot and it's so softly sprung that it rolls like a boat!

I'd read in CNBC Autocar (Mag) that the Cedia is not a sorted car at all! Yes, it does have a super sweet chassis that several auto-companies would like to replicate but the handling is not something to write home about! It got an overall 6/10 in the handling department when tested by Narain Karthikeyan around the Sriperumbudur race track. The Fiesta socored the highest with 9/10, that of course if you exempt the Audi A4 3.0 Quattro, the BMW 325i and the the Audi TT!
True, Mitsu softened the suspension a tad too much. But the fun part is that because it's a 7th gen Lancer underneath, aftermarket parts are a dime a dozen. It's just a suspension swap away from being a monster. You don't get that option with many cars at all.
Old 26th December 2009, 21:54   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
True, Mitsu softened the suspension a tad too much. But the fun part is that because it's a 7th gen Lancer underneath, aftermarket parts are a dime a dozen. It's just a suspension swap away from being a monster. You don't get that option with many cars at all.
+1!

Spot on Immortalz! But I must add that it probably has the best chassis around today! It's fantastic. Tweaking the suspension a bit would make it a proper corner carver! I wonder why I don't see too many sorted Cedias around. It's a pity, honestly!

Coming back to the Fiesta, I wonder what the suspension of this new Ford would be like. If it's anything like the current Fiesta, it would be brilliant! I do hope Ford doesn't detune the engine for the Indian market. But I guess that would be inevitable! Sigh..
Old 26th December 2009, 22:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Coming back to the Fiesta, I wonder what the suspension of this new Ford would be like. If it's anything like the current Fiesta, it would be brilliant! I do hope Ford doesn't detune the engine for the Indian market. But I guess that would be inevitable! Sigh..
I don't care if they slightly detune it as long as they release an 'S' version with a different ECU map.
Old 28th December 2009, 13:12   #24
BHPian

It is being launched in Thailand soon. They were doing a lot of market research there for it.
Old 28th December 2009, 17:39   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I don't care if they slightly detune it as long as they release an 'S' version with a different ECU map.
I'm sure a certain Mr. Peter or even Cosworth can help us with that even if an 'S' doesn't make it to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
It is being launched in Thailand soon. They were doing a lot of market research there for it.
That's great news! Thanks for the update! I guess Thailand and India aren't very different markets when you compare them (Apart from the scores of pick-ups that you'd find on the streets)
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:16   #26
BHPian

The backside of the sedan version looks similar to the All New Honda City.
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant !! The hatch is tops - if they launch it with a powerful powerplant - I'd make my booking now !! Way to go - Ford

Cheers
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Our detailed review of the new Fiesta has been uploaded here : Ford Fiesta Test Drive & Review

Please continue the discussion in that thread.

Thread closed.

Last edited by GTO : 21st June 2011 at 12:53. Reason: Adding link to our Fiesta review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks