Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2010, 01:13   #1
Team-BHP Support

The fastest Porsche 911 in the World!

9ff has done it again! The 9ff TR-1000 reached a top speed of 391.7 km/h (243.4 mph) at the ATP automotive testing circuit in Papenburg, Germany. Based on the Porsche 911 Turbo it packs an insane 1000 hp at 7800 rpm and 1040 Nm of torque. 9ff engineers added larger turbochargers, an improved intercooler, sport camshafts, titanium con rods, crankshafts, a sport air filter, revised ECU and a new high performance exhaust system.

The TR-1000 accelerates from 0-100 km/h (62 mph) in 3.2 seconds, from there to 200 km/h(124.3 mph) takes 4.8 seconds while the top speed is 391.7 km/h(243.4 mph).

9ff claims that the car could exceed 400 km/h with improved aerodynamics, that does not mean the TR-1000 is a stock 911 Turbo when it comes to aerodynamics. To keep it stable at high speeds, 9ff added a front splitter, side skirts, rear diffuser, new tiny mirrors and a new rear wing.

Other upgrades are a new high performance braking system, and an adjustable sports suspension with aluminum dampers. The cost of this conversion was about 130,000 euros ($187,000) plus a stock 911 Turbo.

Source: 9ff TR-1000 hits 391 km/h (243 mph) - Fastest Porsche 911 in the world
Attached Thumbnails
The fastest Porsche 911 in the World!-9ff_tr_1000_01.jpg  

The fastest Porsche 911 in the World!-9ff_tr_1000_02.jpg  

The fastest Porsche 911 in the World!-9ff_tr_1000_03.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st January 2010 at 01:14.
Old 1st January 2010, 03:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Now that is some insane performance juiced out from this insane Turbo.
Old 1st January 2010, 03:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Vaa Vaa! Suhaas, what a way to start the year

Nice 911, looks fantastic!

Happy New Year!
Old 1st January 2010, 04:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Just watched the video from the source. Is it only me or they could have taken the car much faster than 392 kmph?

I mean, by looking at the speed gain (notice the device from 380 kmph to 391.7 kmph), it seems like it could have been much faster because the car was gaining speed so smoothly as if there is no resistance.
Old 1st January 2010, 13:36   #5
BHPian

0-100 in 3.2 and 0-200 in 8 seconds? My god thats one hell of a power house!
Nice thread. 9ff is doing some great work.

Happy new year to all!
Old 1st January 2010, 13:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Viva Porsche!

Sorry to put in a slightly cynical viewpoint here:

Some months ago I was reading about 9FF's (then) ultimate achievement, a 911 Turbo convertible putting out 860bhp, in a foreign publication. The method of achieving that speed was the same - Larger Turbos, sport cams et all. The tester was an ex-amateur Porsche Cup racer. Someone who's done thousands of miles in performance porsches on both road and track.

He loved the brutal power and neck sapping acceleration in all gears. But then he put forward what seemed a very valid point.

A Porsche Turbo (all generations) has had one USP which sets it apart from its supercar peers. It is very much a competent supercar, but one which plays many roles, and liveable on a daily basis. You can drive your turbo everyday to the grocery store in peak traffic. It will not complain, not make you feel uncomfortable with heated engine, whining transmission and a cramped cabin. Instead, it will feel as if it was suited to this daily grind. Of course, when you take it on an open road, the beast within will unleash itself.

The problem with the 9FF version was that the ultimate flexibility of the car was getting lost. While it was a thorough speed tool, 9FF was sacrificing practicality for the sake of performance. For example, you could hear the menacing whine of the huge turbos spinning away even a minute after shutting off the engine. Cooling was becoming a serious issue. The neck snapping surge when the turbos woke up made it almost impossible to drive in regular traffic. In other words, this had become the equivalent of a hyper Lamborghini - more of a temperamental mistress than a trusted friend!

If this was the case with an 860bhp 9FF, I can only imagine what he would say when he test drove this 1000bhp beast!

Another funny observation, in case you guys didnt know. 9FF engineers are amazed by the fact that they never have to tune the suspension of the stock turbo. It is so good, so well engineered, that the suspension can take double or more of its stock power without getting into any kind of problems.

Check out the mods listed by Suhas. The adjustable sports suspension is nothing more than a digitally tuned version of the Turbo's stock suspension! Cheers to the best engineered sports car in the world!

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 1st January 2010 at 13:57.
Old 1st January 2010, 20:45   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Now that is some insane performance juiced out from this insane Turbo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Vaa Vaa! Suhaas, what a way to start the year

Nice 911, looks fantastic!

Happy New Year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
0-100 in 3.2 and 0-200 in 8 seconds? My god thats one hell of a power house!
Nice thread. 9ff is doing some great work.

Happy new year to all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Sorry to put in a slightly cynical viewpoint here:

Some months ago I was reading about 9FF's (then) ultimate achievement, a 911 Turbo convertible putting out 860bhp, in a foreign publication..

..A Porsche Turbo (all generations) has had one USP which sets it apart from its supercar peers. It is very much a competent supercar, but one which plays many roles, and liveable on a daily basis. You can drive your turbo everyday to the grocery store in peak traffic. It will not complain, not make you feel uncomfortable with heated engine, whining transmission and a cramped cabin. Instead, it will feel as if it was suited to this daily grind. Of course, when you take it on an open road, the beast within will unleash itself..

..If this was the case with an 860bhp 9FF, I can only imagine what he would say when he test drove this 1000bhp beast!

..Another funny observation, in case you guys didnt know. 9FF engineers are amazed by the fact that they never have to tune the suspension of the stock turbo. It is so good, so well engineered, that the suspension can take double or more of its stock power without getting into any kind of problems...
With All!

It's the kind of car that you can live with on a day to day basis. Fantastic all-rounder. Although Ferrari and Lamborghini have managed to pull off cars that you can live with on a regular drive (The California and the Gallardo) They still are not as easy as a 911. It's still hard to see out of, it's still very low and might scrape a few humps and so on.

Porsche's suspensions and chassis are sublime and absolutely fantastic! They're so good, there is no need to tweak them! And the same goes for the brakes (PASM+PCCB=+1!) and the stock suspension is unbelievably good on any Porsche. I would even go to the extent of saying that the Cayman's/Boxster's suspension is ahead of the 911's!

And thanks Dante and Anekho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Just watched the video from the source. Is it only me or they could have taken the car much faster than 392 kmph?

I mean, by looking at the speed gain (notice the device from 380 kmph to 391.7 kmph), it seems like it could have been much faster because the car was gaining speed so smoothly as if there is no resistance.
I guess they could have pushed it even further! But it isn't aerodynamically inclined to be able to do such insane speeds. And that's precisely why 9ff decided to engineer a mid engined 911 (If you will!) called the 9ff GT9/GT9-R!

9ff had also engineered a Turbo-ed 911 Carrera Cabriolet (Type 997) way back in '06-'07! The Carrera Cab had the same motor that nestled under the hood of the earlier Gen-996 Turbo. 9ff used the motor and tweaked it even further and managed to squeeze over 800 horses out from it. It was termed as the fastest Cabriolet/Convertible in the World but I think the Bugatti Veyron EB16:4 Grand Sport shattered that record.

But this remains to be the fastest 'true' 911 as a 911 will always, always, have it's engine mounted at the wrong place!

(At this point, I would've loved to use a few more emoticons but unfortunately I'm not allowed to! But rules are rules. So guys, please don't get the wrong impression!)

EDIT: Oh! And Happy New Year to you all too!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st January 2010 at 20:46.
Old 1st January 2010, 22:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Suhaas,
Would you have a list of all 9ff tuned 911s.
It would be fun to compare how each one compares with the others.
Old 1st January 2010, 23:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

absolutely delicious !!
i felt it could cross the 400 mark but i guess the driver dint have faith in the vehicle.
I think this is the same track that top gear used to test the Veyron's top speed.
Old 1st January 2010, 23:48   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Suhaas,
Would you have a list of all 9ff tuned 911s.
It would be fun to compare how each one compares with the others.
That's a nice idea Dipen!

But the thing is, 9ff dates back quite some time and they've been leaving their marks on Porsches much before the 997. The iconic 993 has seen a lot of 9ff's paw marks! The 996 and 997 have been through the treatment as well! And it's across the 911 range.. the Carrera, the Turbo, the Cabriolets, all of them! Even the Cayenne and the Panamera haven't been left alone!

However, this gets me thinking! I wonder why they haven't experimented with the Cayman/Boxster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
absolutely delicious !!
i felt it could cross the 400 mark but i guess the driver dint have faith in the vehicle.
I think this is the same track that top gear used to test the Veyron's top speed.
More than faith, I don't think the 911 had the ability due to a few constraints. You see, the 911 isn't very aerodynamically inclined to do such speeds. It's a precision sports car. A surgeon's scalpel in the right hands!
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:14   #11
Team-BHP Support

The video for all to see! Sorry for not posting it earlier!

As you'll can see in the video, 400 was very much possible. But at that speed, it's hard to keep the car composed and the driver as well!

Besides, it's no where near as stable or as quiet as a Veyron at that speed although I strongly feel that it's acceleration from 350-390 was much better than the Veyron!
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:40   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That's a nice idea Dipen!
However, this gets me thinking! I wonder why they haven't experimented with the Cayman/Boxster!
Hi Suhaas,

you a true Porscheholic , 9ff infact have worked on the Cayman they called it the cr-42 which was a 4.1L boxer engine with 420Hp and 435Nm of torque.

They also made a special project Cayman CT-78 E85 which runs on bio-ethanol and has an output of 780Hp !! also German car magazine SportAuto conducted a readers poll which contained 14 categories for series-production vehicles and 11 tuning classes. With more than 10,000 readers taking part, they awarded the CT-78 as the sportiest tuned coupe.

I personally love 9ff simply because they complement the Porsche design and dont ruin it by adding horrendous aero kits

Some images attached, awesome wheels very retro
Attached Thumbnails
The fastest Porsche 911 in the World!-9ffcayman06_04.jpg  

The fastest Porsche 911 in the World!-9ffcayman06_03.jpg  

The fastest Porsche 911 in the World!-1.jpg  

The fastest Porsche 911 in the World!-2.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2010, 01:01   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetik View Post
Hi Suhaas,

you a true Porscheholic , 9ff infact have worked on the Cayman they called it the cr-42 which was a 4.1L boxer engine with 420Hp and 435Nm of torque.

They also made a special project Cayman CT-78 E85 which runs on bio-ethanol and has an output of 780Hp !! also German car magazine SportAuto conducted a readers poll which contained 14 categories for series-production vehicles and 11 tuning classes. With more than 10,000 readers taking part, they awarded the CT-78 as the sportiest tuned coupe.

I personally love 9ff simply because they complement the Porsche design and dont ruin it by adding horrendous aero kits

Some images attached, awesome wheels very retro
I've been a religious follower of 9ff's work! And now I'm kicking myself silly for not knowing about the CT-78's existence. To be honest, I had a vague idea that they had done something to the earlier 987 Cayman and that was quite a lot time ago! But I hadn't found any pictures on that so I let it go! Thanks for the pictures and information!

Quote:
Completely

We see Techart completely changing the way 911s and Caymans look and we have 9ff here that makes them look as subtle as a Porcupine Fish when not threatened!

And the same goes for tuner Ruf as well!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd January 2010 at 01:03.
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:07   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I've been a religious follower of 9ff's work! And now I'm kicking myself silly for not knowing about the CT-78's existence. To be honest, I had a vague idea that they had done something to the earlier 987 Cayman and that was quite a lot time ago! But I hadn't found any pictures on that so I let it go! Thanks for the pictures and information!

Completely

We see Techart completely changing the way 911s and Caymans look and we have 9ff here that makes them look as subtle as a Porcupine Fish when not threatened!

And the same goes for tuner Ruf as well!
Cudn't agree better with you on that Suhaas, a majority of the Porsche tuners out there actually get their engineering/performance solutions from 9ff.

I wonder if we have a 9ff'ed Porsche in our country Dante I hope you are watching this thread

final pics on that note
Attached Thumbnails
The fastest Porsche 911 in the World!-5.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Kinetik : 2nd January 2010 at 02:15. Reason: more images
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Besides, it's no where near as stable or as quiet as a Veyron at that speed although I strongly feel that it's acceleration from 350-390 was much better than the Veyron!
Veyron does 300-400 in 38.9secs.

Porsche did 300-391 in around 36 secs, 380-390 took 8 secs, so 390-400 will def be well over 8 secs. So the porsche actually gets slower as the speed rises.

It beats the Veyron from 200-300 amd 0-300 though.

Comparison specs :

0-100
P - 3.2
V - 2.5

0-200
P - 8
V - 7.3

0-300
P - 16
V - 16.7

100-200
P - 4.8
V - 4.8

200-300
P - 8
V - 9.4

bugatti.com - 2.5 ? 7.3 ? 16.7 ? 55.6

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 2nd January 2010 at 02:39.

Most Viewed