Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which country makes the most problematic cars?
Germany 6 10.71%
Japan 2 3.57%
Korea 15 26.79%
America 33 58.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2005, 15:34   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
i guess this sahils gonna be the only dude who will be voting for german...and american should have been out...as all of us are going to vote for american
Well not really....... alot of merc owners here have had bad experiences too.......i voted for germans hands down because of my experience with german cars have owned 3 till date - astra,corsa and mercedes. I was under the impression that BMW is most reliable out of the german lot but i think i was wrong, I study in boston and my cousin has a new 545i, the car has had several problems over the past year. In the past one week the car has come up with a failed ac and a steering problem! Previous problems have been ever worse some including engine problems and even braking down in the middle of the freeway! So germans are at the top of my list for sure.
Old 2nd September 2005, 15:36   #17
BHPian

You forgot THE most problematic cars ever. The italians.
They produce some of the best machines on this planet but suck for build quality.
Lamborghini, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo. NONE of them are in the least bit reliable.

But between these choices my pick would be probably American or Korean cars like everyone else
Old 2nd September 2005, 19:47   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
i guess this sahils gonna be the only dude who will be voting for german...and american should have been out...as all of us are going to vote for american
I think sahil going by his experience and you are going by perception.

I own/owned 5 Japanese (toyota,Acura,3 Suzuki), 2 American (Chevy/Ford), and one Korean (Hyundai). My best experience has been with Acura and Chevy (Malibu).
Worst experience has been with Ford, but that car had more than 120K miles on it. Never owned any European cars though.
Old 2nd September 2005, 21:39   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The "new age" Germans - Undoubtedly. American cars are not as complicated when it comes to electronics. Hell, some of them yet use pushrods.

I disagree that korean cars are problematic (especially the post 2000 year designs). They are very very close to the Japanese in reliability.

GTO
Old 2nd September 2005, 23:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

I guess its the Germans, since they have loads of gadgetry in them.

Did any one miss out india in the poll.. LOL
Old 3rd September 2005, 00:23   #21
BHPian

sahil, maybe you can broaden the scope of this poll - because it really is a good one. once and for all, we'll know what public opinion is on problematic cars - so we must include countrywise all the cars that are available in india from all over the world.

and then, we can get a better idea. if indian manufacturers are the worst, then so be it...at least we will know who is 2nd and 3rd worst and so on...
Old 3rd September 2005, 04:36   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

@cream - I am sorry buddy the thread doesnt let me edit, mods will have to do that.
Old 3rd September 2005, 18:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Hey how about Indian? The most problematic we had was TATA estate and an old Ambassador diesel.
dude how could you forget the first few indica's!!!
Old 3rd September 2005, 19:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

It will be unfair to blame American cars only, look at tata safari it still suffers from many flaws. Still build quality is not that great i mean the DICOR version(even after 7 yrs in market) and look at the Scorpio well built though its younger then the safari. Tata is making cars for the rural jungle and not the urban market..

Indica was pathetic till V2 came and tata estate need i say more.

Another poor indian car is the San Strom Yuk poor paint job!! What will be the machinery??
Old 7th September 2005, 19:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

The Americans by far!! As GTO said, the Koreans are matching the Japanese at least in terms of reliability. And yes, Lancias, Alfas and some Fiats are also very poor in terms of quality as well as Citroens.
Old 7th September 2005, 23:17   #26
BHPian

Suprised to see America leading the poll for the worst cars..... I'd say its more like Korea..... America has the mighty GM which includes.... and the cadiallac... True that american's can't do interiors or styling.... but they are reliable.... more than the koreans anyway....
Old 8th September 2005, 00:04   #27
Senior - BHPian

I have voted American, but some GM/Ford vehicles are incredibly durable. I mean their full sized V8 engined rear wheel drive cars (Caprice/Crown Vic etc). Most of them are pressed into police/taxi duties, and have mileage as high as 300,000 miles. And they pretty much live on and on. I say, Ford/GM tried to change and modernise their cars, and lost the plot along the way . They are better off building full sized RWD extremely lowtech cars, which pretty much do the one thing they are designed for, exist on and on.

Last edited by sajo : 8th September 2005 at 00:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks