Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2005, 20:29   #1
BHPian

Japan beats Europe....

imho interesting article...
my parents drive the executive version which has 190bhp and is fully loaded the type-s has no sunroof and no full leather, thats the only difference i think they are awesome cars really great value for money...

imho the euro accord(acura tsx) looks sexy compared to butt ugly US accord or the one they sell in india.

here are a few more pics of euro accord the car has mugen grill and 18in wheels wrapped in 225/40/18 rubber

Old 30th September 2005, 20:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Oh man...I cant believe japanese cars have started to milk european cars in handling department aswell!!! Crazy...I dont see a bright future for euro cars...trust me...
Old 30th September 2005, 20:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant!!!

The Accord actually managed to beat the S60R's lap time of 1 min 30.5 secs by .5 of a sec. And we're talking about a 300 bhp (183bhp/ton) car vs a 187bhp (131bhp/ton) car.

I'd love to get my hands on any video footage they might have of this event.

Shan2nu
Old 30th September 2005, 20:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Man, the Accord looks infinitely better than the Volvo. But why did the guy take off the Honda badge from the front grill. I surely wouldn't be ashamed of it.
Old 30th September 2005, 21:03   #5
BHPian

he didnt take of the accord badge, he just replaced it by a MUGEN GRILL. its like what NISMO is to nissan, MUGEN is to Honda.
imho only a fool would be ashamed of driving a honda, imho honda are the best engineered cars in the world
Old 30th September 2005, 21:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

Good for accord to fight against likes of Audi and Volvo, but then Audi beats it by 5 second in lap time, in straights and in corner. Somehow, auto journalists never like stability control system though it is better to have on your car than not.
Old 30th September 2005, 22:06   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Good for accord to fight against likes of Audi and Volvo, but then Audi beats it by 5 second in lap time, in straights and in corner. Somehow, auto journalists never like stability control system though it is better to have on your car than not.

Not all drivers are the racing freaks and not everyone has a race track to test cars they have. Huge investments and R&D go into building the technology for passenger safety.

The article is two years old already

Last edited by nishant_kingpin : 30th September 2005 at 22:08.
Old 30th September 2005, 22:58   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Do old BHPians (FormulaInders) remember how we waxed eloquent about the beauty of the new Accord? And why Honda India ought to launch the british version rather than the American in India?

Gotta love this machine...It looks much more leaner/muscular than the curvy/cuter US Accord

GTO
Old 30th September 2005, 23:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Do old BHPians (FormulaInders) remember how we waxed eloquent about the beauty of the new Accord? And why Honda India ought to launch the british version rather than the American in India?

Gotta love this machine...It looks much more leaner/muscular than the curvy/cuter US Accord

GTO
I disagree
it looks dull, boring
it doesn't look expensive, luxury car but rather like boy racers car
Old 1st October 2005, 02:04   #10
BHPian

I second GTO , the euro version of accord seems a better bet atleast build wise, it seems it promises the same top notch build , europeans expect and are known for .... but never the less i think we all adore the looks of our accord too but somehow,we 've to accept that we 've been deprived of the solid built of that euro accord ...
Old 1st October 2005, 02:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but never the less i think we all adore the looks of our accord too but somehow,we 've to accept that we 've been deprived of the solid built of that euro accord ...
you can not tell the build quality by looking at photos
there is a difference between giving feel of solid build & being solidly built
Old 1st October 2005, 04:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

they are matching the accord S with the executive versions.

why not look simply this way. The accord is easily beat by a skoda octavia in India. Now that is beacause the octavia here is a sports version and the accord an executive version. too much things change when the reason for buying a car changes.(edit: the RS skoda is mentioned here)

anyways Japanese are known to make good engines but The German cars are known for their overall quality and I think a honda can still not match that.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 1st October 2005 at 04:27.
Old 1st October 2005, 13:06   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Adya33,

Honda itself acknowledges the superiority of the European Accord over the American. How? Well, it has branded the European version as an Acura (luxury brand) in the United States and it is priced significantly higher than the regular american accord.

And comparo tests have shown it as extremely driver oriented compared to the american version.

GTO
Old 1st October 2005, 14:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Adya33,

Honda itself acknowledges the superiority of the European Accord over the American. How? Well, it has branded the European version as an Acura (luxury brand) in the United States and it is priced significantly higher than the regular american accord.

And comparo tests have shown it as extremely driver oriented compared to the american version.

GTO
thank you for clearing that for me

however I will still say that European model looks more like boy racers car, sorta what RS is in India (just an example)
in India they are selling it as Luxury car & not as sports car
that might be the reason they would have brought american spec accord?
Old 1st October 2005, 15:58   #15
BHPian

And to get confirmed what GTO said you may go to any auto website and compare these two , wont take long enough for you to realise which 1 is better and tough built and as far as looks are concerned , given the choice i would go for the euro accord .... but again looks are subjective ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks