Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 18:41   #16
BHPian

Have seen a couple of Pulsar's in Dubai. Enjoyed the momemt as it was thrilling to see APNA very own Pulsar's being exproted.
Old 24th March 2010, 20:20   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Atlast am seeing a TATA in KSA(atleast in pics)
My dad use to tell that TATA pickups are doing good in KSA.
But the only TATA i saw was a TATA truck in 2001.That's before they entered the global market.
Old 24th March 2010, 21:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariKSA View Post
HappyWheels : Hey happywhelels i happly agree with you,

what rjalihal say is just opposite here.

Saudi blindly trust TATA specially commercial line-up like pick ups here because compared with with other brands like Toyota, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Hyundai are more expensive than TATA.
I have started my career with Tata here so know a lot about the models availabe here. The best seller here from Tata is the pickup, busses and Trucks.

I have also seen Ashok Leyland buses here.
nice pics ferrariKSA, i agree it feels proud when u see a Indian made car abroad! BTW does any Chinese car company sell its cars there.?
Old 24th March 2010, 22:28   #19
BHPian

Nice pics bro. It's good to see Indian cars abroad. Some pics of Indian cars abroad have been posted in the link below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ly-places.html

Last edited by prateekm : 24th March 2010 at 22:29.
Old 20th June 2010, 12:24   #20
BHPian

TATA has failed in Saudi, scrapped in less than one year of usage, its not suitable for KSA roads! If you drive TATA in KSA, be ready to say TATA to your life!
Old 20th June 2010, 13:25   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
TATA has failed in Saudi, scrapped in less than one year of usage, its not suitable for KSA roads! If you drive TATA in KSA, be ready to say TATA to your life!
Thats true, The after sales is very bad here in KSA for Tata vehicles. Lack of spare parts and expirenced technicians.
I have seen vehicles lying in work shop since months waiting for spares.
And also these vehicles are not made for the weather conditions of ME.
Over heating is one of the common problems in these cars.
All these problems contribute to the very less resale valve of the cars or lets say at throw away prices.

when i was working with tata here in riyadh, every weekend i use to see poor and handicap saudis carrying a paper signed by prince waleed bin talal to take a tata indigo as gift to them from the prince.
Every month we were delivering 8 to 10 car.
Old 20th June 2010, 13:29   #22
BHPian

Even Tata buses and trucks , i have seen with bent chassis, seems like daba hua from one side.
Its pointless to sell and spoil the image of TATA.
Old 20th June 2010, 18:34   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

But all these makes me remember another car company or rather companies from a country.
Back in the 90's they were seen just like trash,and also promotional gift cars.My dad used to hate them,which he passed on to me,but look now.Those very car maker's cars are now the most popular taxis in riyadh.Now even my dad appreciates their products.It starts with 'H' and honestly most people don't know how to pronounce it.
Just wait for one more decade and we can see Tata cars coming of it's own in the ME.
Old 29th April 2011, 00:00   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Exotic between exotic`s, Our own TATA in KSA. I am proud of it.

Here's from my part.
Decent number of Tata Indigos and Tatamobile/207.
With Xenons and IndigoSW being rare.
But compared to the number of chinese cars on road here Indian cars have a lot to catch up.
Attached Thumbnails
Exotic between exotic`s, Our own TATA in KSA. I am proud of it.-10042011011.jpg  

Exotic between exotic`s, Our own TATA in KSA. I am proud of it.-10042011012.jpg  

Exotic between exotic`s, Our own TATA in KSA. I am proud of it.-10042011013.jpg  

Exotic between exotic`s, Our own TATA in KSA. I am proud of it.-10042011014.jpg  

Exotic between exotic`s, Our own TATA in KSA. I am proud of it.-11042011.jpg  

Exotic between exotic`s, Our own TATA in KSA. I am proud of it.-26042011004.jpg  

Old 29th April 2011, 00:40   #25
BHPian

I would just say that its not that easy to go global against the world automobile majors. So whatever TATA sells is commendable. They have grown from "0" exports to a plenty now. I had been to Turkey for a few months and I spotted umpteen number of Xenons and Indigo's and Tata mobiles. As per an article, Tata in Turkey sells more than 10,000 vehicles per annum. I must tell you that Turkey houses all the major automobile manufacturers. So even a pie is commendable. Good future ahead, Kudos Tata.
Old 2nd May 2011, 19:17   #26
BHPian

Ten years ago, it was very difficult to spot an Indian vehicle on Saudi Roads. It is heartwarming tday to see so many tata buses, pickups (I think it is called the Orynx and is proving to immensely popular here) and cars on the Dammam roads today.
On a more patriotic note, I wonder when the nano will make it's appearence here and what will be the reception it receives in this market.There is a huge segment of the market which is very young and who are looking out for cheap transport in Saudi where two wheeler traffic is almost nonexistent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks