Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:23   #1
BHPian

Exotic between exotic`s, Our own TATA in KSA. I am proud of it.

I have been observing in some threads mates posting world famous exotics been spotted in india. we are very exicted even if we just manage to take a pic of its rear part or side view pics or even just the spoiler.
Now i feel proud to post this which i feel is not less than a exotic for me.
Hats off to TATA.
Attached Thumbnails
Exotic between exotic`s, Our own TATA in KSA. I am proud of it.-23032010.jpg  

Exotic between exotic`s, Our own TATA in KSA. I am proud of it.-21032010002.jpg  

Exotic between exotic`s, Our own TATA in KSA. I am proud of it.-21032010001.jpg  

Exotic between exotic`s, Our own TATA in KSA. I am proud of it.-tata.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2010, 15:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

The last pic shows my most-favourite Super sedan(Bangle 7er) being followed by my least-favourite sedan(indigo).

Nice finds though. Good to see Tata is making it big !
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:10   #3
BHPian

TATA will do well in places where there are plenty of Indians. So the Gulf, SE Asia etc are hot spots for them. Its about time that TATA become global!
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Never knew that TATA passenger division was into the ME market. Good spotting!

The only TATA's I have seen at the buses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
TATA will do well in places where there are plenty of Indians. So the Gulf, SE Asia etc are hot spots for them. Its about time that TATA become global!
Rjalihal,

I really don't think presence of plenty of Indian's has anything to do with this.

I am sure if an Indian has the money to buy car, he would go for atleast a Toyota or Nissan low end MT version. They can always come back and buy a TATA, but not a Toyota or Nissan.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 23rd March 2010 at 16:32.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:00   #5
BHPian

HappyWheels : Hey happywhelels i happly agree with you,

what rjalihal say is just opposite here.

Saudi blindly trust TATA specially commercial line-up like pick ups here because compared with with other brands like Toyota, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Hyundai are more expensive than TATA.
I have started my career with Tata here so know a lot about the models availabe here. The best seller here from Tata is the pickup, busses and Trucks.

I have also seen Ashok Leyland buses here.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

I agree about the CV's, but who would want to drive a tata passenger car out there ?
Are their prices cheap too?
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Ah! Forgot about the Leyland buses! From schools buses to laborers transport, you find then running all along!

Correct me FerraiKSA, I think Leyland has a larger market share in terms of buses, than TATA in ME.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:31   #8
kkg
BHPian

The timing of this thread seems just perfect to me. Here we are proud that TATA is making big in other countries and in our own country some voices say that Tata should stick to making trucks because some of their nanos are on fire. Some have even called it time bomb.VERY IRONIC.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Raji Indians typically buy things which are non -Indians , They will even buy a malaysian proton if Toyota or Honda is not affordable
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:06   #10
BHPian

I understand that many Indians do not buy Indian cars when they live abroad. What my train of thought was as follows: In the ME especially, many Indians have the lower paid jobs, such as drivers, construction workers, painters, etc. Basically plenty of our people are engaged in manual labour. These people may not be in a position to buy the regular cars there as they are expensive. So they may opt for a cheaper alternative like the TATAs. Even the public works department of many countries use TATA vehicles I heard (correct me please if wrong!).
Old 23rd March 2010, 19:21   #11
BHPian

Are there TATA dealerships in the ME? or do these have to be imported?
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:18   #12
BHPian

i knew there was Mahindra in the ME. have seen loads of scorpios in dubai. also have seen many tata pick up trucks. (not the xenon). but didnt know they started sales of the indigo. kudos to them!! i guess the Manza if marketed properly has some potential. same goes for the Aria when its launched.
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:55   #13
BHPian

During my last KSA trip, i did spot few Xenon's (some in airport), couple of Indigo's and even a Indica. I think Xenon's are VFM when compared with similar models.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:54   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I so agree to that. It's a lot more special to bump into an Indian car abroad, than an international car (including exotics) in India. Put it down to the "home away from home" feeling.

While spending an afternoon at a Boston superbike shop, guess what I saw tucked away in the corner....a Bajaj scooter!! Will try fishing out the picture. Apparently, the cheap scooter was popular with some beach hotels.
Old 24th March 2010, 17:49   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
The last pic shows my most-favourite Super sedan(Bangle 7er)
Mine too. I somehow do not like the new 7 series. I still feel the Bangled 7 was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I so agree to that. It's a lot more special to bump into an Indian car abroad, than an international car (including exotics) in India. Put it down to the "home away from home" feeling.

While spending an afternoon at a Boston superbike shop, guess what I saw tucked away in the corner....a Bajaj scooter!! Will try fishing out the picture. Apparently, the cheap scooter was popular with some beach hotels.
I felt the same when I saw a couple of scorpio's in Dubai. Though it looked puny compared to its international counterparts, I felt nice seeing it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks