Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2010, 12:31   #46
BHPian

I think its a simle "Love it or hate it" design. Not really built to look good but built more from a practicality and utilitarian point of view. Also note that it is an entry level car hence will compete with Alto, A-Star, Santro, etc. Now who wouldnt mind getting a car of this size at that price? Loved the net on the passenger seat to keep things from being all over the place if you are driving alone!

Also in terms of looks, I think one should really be comparing it to the older generation UNO and then you ll really start appreciating it!

Last edited by sarmarishi : 6th May 2010 at 12:32.
Old 6th May 2010, 12:37   #47
h14
BHPian

Well even I like it! Hope it might find its way to India
Old 6th May 2010, 12:39   #48
BHPian

common FIAT.bring it on to INDIA at a price something less than that piece of metal called FIGO.theres a winner in FIATs hands then
Old 6th May 2010, 12:39   #49
BHPian

This is a South american design and destined to remain in the south american market by the looks of it. Overall the design is quirky, yes, but also fun. The interiors do look promising. Compared to the Figo, this looks better. Put a better grill on this and this can demolish the Chevy Spark/beat.
Old 6th May 2010, 13:13   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
It may not be best looking but it will be very spacious like earlier Uno and good city hatch.
I guess the boot space shown here is still smaller than the large boot of the Uno that was sold here.
Old 6th May 2010, 13:52   #51
BHPian

Guys we have Wagon R we have i10 we have Dezire and all of them sell. My point of contention being if its at a god price with good level of equipment it will sell for sure.

If you ask me, the design is different then the normal FIAT designs, but then we have seen Multipla and Panda and honestly this seems like a design which grows on you. Infact the model with the plastic/Rubber wheel arches give it a rugged macho look like the FIAT adventure IMHO. Bring it on FIAT.
Old 6th May 2010, 14:16   #52
BHPian

With all due respect , many of the opinions seem to be a little extreme. I personally cannot stand the Santro(pre-Xing) and the i10 . This looks much cuter and better designed. Give the designers their due. The bhp-ians and the indian customers - what do you really want?
It's like finding the answer to the question - What does a woman really want ?! The mini - suv styled version with higher GC looks especially good to me.
A part of the world that thinks asymmetrical lines look good still exists. Indians want zing and at the same time want the thing to be b****y conservative. I think all car manufacturers should just stop thinking original and produce copies of the Swift and the Getz like the Chinese, to get more marketshare .Do we value originality to some extent at least ?
It's exactly like I want a beautiful , good looking , high earning , qualified ,sweet natured homely wife who wears skirts and hotpants when the occasion demands as you wish. Does such a thing exist ? Not really. It's the same set of expectations when it comes to cars. Good looking, awesome handling , more power with less fuel efficiency, should cost less..on and on.. and trash what does'nt conform.
Get a reality check guys.
Old 6th May 2010, 14:34   #53
Senior - BHPian

Looks much better then Ritz, WagonR, Estilo, Santro. IMO Fiat should retire Palio and launch this new UNO with price starting at 3.25lacs.
Old 6th May 2010, 14:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th June 2010 at 14:00.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:26   #55
Senior - BHPian

UGLY!

Ugliest contraption I've seen in a long time :O

Hmm, Fiat can only make really gorgeous cars (like Punto) or really hideous ones (like this or the multipla)! No middle line!
Old 6th May 2010, 15:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

It looks like is a very well balanced, ergonomic and solid vehicle. I like it much better than the quirky Korean and Japanese compacts except for the Nissan Micra. I would buy it for sure if it were to come to India and be rid of my Swift zxi finally.
Old 7th May 2010, 12:15   #57
Senior - BHPian

Looks quirky for a fiat in India, but might sell well with the diesel engine under its hood or a terribly frugal petrol. Might be FIAT's small car to India i suppose.
Old 15th June 2010, 14:30   #58
BHPian

I like it, looks a LOT better then Wagon R, Estilo, Santro, Ritz
check the side profile guys looks sturdy
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...iat-uno-14.jpg

Last edited by junky : 15th June 2010 at 14:32.
Old 15th June 2010, 16:26   #59
Senior - BHPian

Looks funky & cheerful. Let's hope the big boss (Tata) lets Fiat introduce this in India.

By the way, why is there no consistency in the Fiat logo? Some cars have the blue logo while others have the red one which is a different design altogether.

Note from Mod: The discussion may continue over on the newer thread This thread is closed.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2010 at 11:25. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks