Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2005, 20:18   #1
BANNED

500bhp Lexus LF-A goes to production.

http://seriouswheels.com/top-2005-Le...-A-Concept.htm

All I can say is WOW! I am in love again, this probably is the new Supra.
Old 1st November 2005, 01:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

the car and the design are still a concept ...gosh i cant wait to see the actual production which i dbout will be any different from the LF A concept..
we did talk about it in the past ...
it'll be good to see the 2 legends - the skyline and supra side by side again...
Old 1st November 2005, 03:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
the car and the design are still a concept ...gosh i cant wait to see the actual production which i dbout will be any different from the LF A concept..
we did talk about it in the past ...
it'll be good to see the 2 legends - the skyline and supra side by side again...

Since Lexus is claiming 500 hp, GTR will also up their hp numbers soon, they are waiting for lexus guys and acura guys to completely reveal and then GTR will come to top all of them..

I just cant wait..
Old 1st November 2005, 04:49   #4
BANNED

The HP wars begin, sadly when oil is at its highest.
Old 1st November 2005, 07:51   #5
BANNED

I see the apparent lack of interest in any high performance super cars of Japanese origin, guess they don't fit the slot of the esteemed Euro cars. I am sure this thread would be full if this was supposed to be some $$$$ Euro crap, that would be given the position of myth, Gods etc.

And no GTR would ever tough Acura or Lexus in terms of finesse, about HP, the Japanese are well capable of raising the stakes, Acura is Honda, going by their past records in track, would be a piece of cake.

I guess some things never change. Goodbye everyone. Nice knowing some of you guys, Rudra especially.

I am off for good, should have done it earlier.

Last edited by Gurkha : 1st November 2005 at 07:52.
Old 1st November 2005, 08:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurkha
I see the apparent lack of interest in any high performance super cars of Japanese origin, guess they don't fit the slot of the esteemed Euro cars. I am sure this thread would be full if this was supposed to be some $$$$ Euro crap, that would be given the position of myth, Gods etc.

####

I guess some things never change. Goodbye everyone. Nice knowing some of you guys, Rudra especially.

Well thats a pity Gurkha, because a forum will always have people with differing views. Expecting everyone to concur with your views - even when they are very correct as in this case - is not realistic. If you believe you are right, stick to your stance and keep pushing it - those that are not rabidly biased will ultimately see the logic in your stance. There will still be those who are biased, but there's nothing one can do about people who have their eyes closed. We have a thread where the usual suspects are still pushing the ridiculous arguement that a car thats pretty much part of history (and BAD history) is better than one thats been a best-seller for the last 6 years - does that mean that those who have their heads screwed on right should leave the forum?

Arguing your point is one thing. Sticking to what you say is an entirely different ballgame - it requires conviction and those with conviction never run away. I believe you are one such person, so stick around. You can always browse the Fiat threads when you're in the mood for a PJ...

PS: The car looks awesome and I hope what we see is the new Supra. The rear end looks like its been designed by a certain Mr. Sam Kapasi though, with grilles that would put the most awesome subwoofers to shame...

I WANT THAT STEERING WHEEL!!! WAH!

Last edited by Steeroid : 1st November 2005 at 08:23.
Old 1st November 2005, 09:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And no GTR would ever tough Acura or Lexus in terms of finesse, about HP, the Japanese are well capable of raising the stakes, Acura is Honda, going by their past records in track, would be a piece of cake.

You gotta be kidding me man..finesse..haah! Acura got no finesse..the NSX is a piece of **** in my eyes for the price..I dont even see why it is soo popular..its dated about a decade back, i mean..its just

anyhow as for the lexus...yes it will have finesse, but that of a panzy..lexus knows how to make fast cars, super comfi but handling wise are crap...drove the IS and didnt like it one bit..the very underpowered 330 was far superior and my infiniti was miles ahead after being 4 years older...

anyhow I think GTR is the true legend from japan and this new lexus and new NSX are only going to be over priced peices of fine machinery that just didnt come together very nicely....

and calling euro super expensive exotics crap really takes the cake..oh well i really dont need to add to this..

and if you want bang for buck then japs will never come close to the true supercar for everyone the C6 Z06 and no GTR, no LF-A no NSX no 911 would come close to matching its total package and performance...

and yeah btw tata!

Last edited by 1Day : 1st November 2005 at 10:00.
Old 1st November 2005, 10:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

so since u dont like euro cars and have a soft corner for the japs,everyone should try and imitate you.sorry but it dosent happen in real life.

and as for the reason of writing this,which according to me is because of the apparent lack of intrest shown in your thread,the simple reason is neither lexus nor toyota are known to make supercars.Supercar manufacturers are few and selected and have huge fan following and tragically most of them exist in Europe,mainly Italy.So when a company known to make Family cars and nothing else announces a supercar,it dosent get the attention.

The LF-A is not a supercar concept by any standards.It is more on the lines of a super coupe like the Merc SL or say it can compete with the likes of Galladro aor F430 (which also are not supercars).heck even the Merc SLR Mclaren is not a true supercar.Supercars are built with only one purpose in mind to be as fast and as exclusive as possible.

Just because the lexus has 500bhp it dosent become a supercar,if it's like that the what will you call a 612bhp Merc CL.

It is really disgusting to see people dividing cars on account of their nationality,please leave the cars alone from regional differences and comparisons.
Old 1st November 2005, 13:07   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Gurkha,

That is one highly surprising reaction! The underlying meaning of any community (offline or online) is the open expression, exchange and understanding of views / opinions. The chemistry within interacting with 3000+ people from varied places, backgrounds and cultures will inherently bring up differences in opinion. The experiences out here have certainly changed me, and I find myself more conciliant even in every day real-life interactions.

I know I enjoy it, and if the world thought the same as me - it would be a very boring place.

Its your call, sport...

GTO
Old 1st November 2005, 13:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

oh come on man ... just because a car has a high performance does not mean its a super car .. your concept of a supercar may not work for a lot of others on this forum ..so what ???
you take your stand and prove your point..everyone enjoys a friendly debate here ..

The skyline was a better track performer and in stock itself can outrun a supra ..the 2 are legends which when tuned to their core gave the real supercars a run for their money no dbout.. I favour the GT R34 because hell i love it !! the clash of the Supra/LF A and the GT R35 should be worth the wait ...

looking forward to your comments Gurkha ..
be a sport ..

cheers
Old 1st November 2005, 13:48   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

This reply is only because you've mentioned my name. Tried calling you. Lines are busy because of diwali greeting calls all over the country. Will talk soon anyway.

But like lot other things in life, I'm not getting this one. Yes, the call is yours as GTO said. But what made you think that all 3000+ will have the same tone?

Gurkha, I'm slightly lost!!!
Old 1st November 2005, 15:19   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
You gotta be kidding me man..finesse..haah! Acura got no finesse..the NSX is a piece of **** in my eyes for the price..I dont even see why it is soo popular..its dated about a decade back, i mean..its just

anyhow as for the lexus...yes it will have finesse, but that of a panzy..lexus knows how to make fast cars, super comfi but handling wise are crap...drove the IS and didnt like it one bit..the very underpowered 330 was far superior and my infiniti was miles ahead after being 4 years older...

anyhow I think GTR is the true legend from japan and this new lexus and new NSX are only going to be over priced peices of fine machinery that just didnt come together very nicely....

and calling euro super expensive exotics crap really takes the cake..oh well i really dont need to add to this..

and if you want bang for buck then japs will never come close to the true supercar for everyone the C6 Z06 and no GTR, no LF-A no NSX no 911 would come close to matching its total package and performance...

and yeah btw tata!

Imho the nsx is an exotic in every sense, it the only jap car mentioned in the same breath as Ferrari, porsche's and lambo's. even now it can teach these carmakers a thing or two about handling finnesse and buildquality. let us see your peice of crap c6 z06, with 7lt only 505bhp and still its just few seconds ahead of nsx-r on the ring which is powered by 286bhp and hardly any torque as compared to many of rivals.

Also have u ever touched a zo6 body it just plastic and crumples and bend whenever you touch it whereas NSX is handmade alumunium.

NSX mid engined where as corvette is Front engined.
NSX is all about handling and whereas corvette i as all about big numbers

GM all about marketing and big power numbers and Honda according to the Ferrari(yup) is the best engineering company on the planet today.
lets talk about heritage off both these cars corvette was produced to compete with mustang (no high standards here) and NSX was made to compete with Ferrari of those time and at the time HONDA and MClaren were ruling F1. Aryton Senna himself was responsible partly in development of the car just as schumacher was with Ferrari Enzo(f60)

corvette and nsx are 2 very different cars.

Corvette Z06 or whatever is a sportscar where as nsx is super car an exotic.

Imho the GTR and supra appeal to very different customers as compared to nsx.

Even a stock R33 gtr can do a lap under 8 minutes on the RING
and no corvette c6, c5 (z06 is different) can do that.

Every one knows that a ordinary japanese sports can outhandle the finest american sportcars.

and even in europe people respect a nice japanese car. cause they know that they are good and in some case better.
Old 1st November 2005, 18:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Spy shots starting to make their way from the NS:

For what they call the LF-A Spyder
That rear wing looks a lot like the CGT's.

Lexus promise it to be the ultimate weight distribution in the FR config.
Old 1st November 2005, 19:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

Do you know why jap sports, even though amazingly talented, are never spoken about with the same amount of respect?
Europeans like glorifying their stuff, they like trumpeting about their heritage that goes back decades into the past. They love talking about the magic in their cars, cant stop celebrating them.

The Japanese have a completley differnt philosophy. Even though they too have an amazing racing heritage ( witness the Honda RA272, JGTC etc etc). But they, like the germans ( namely Porsche), like to do work rather than trumpet around about themselves.

Journos have never had anything against the NSX, GTR, and have always called them mega sportscars. It is because the general public do not want to sacrifice brand value that these beautiful cars dont sell. It is a tragedy, but it is true.

I am not saying I will choose a NSX over a 911 anyday( even though it is out of production now...), but that I will have a very hard time doing the choosing.

The European makes are glorious, but Respect the quiet and intelligent Japanese is what I say.

Last edited by islero : 1st November 2005 at 19:59.
Old 1st November 2005, 20:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashran2
Imho the nsx is an exotic in every sense, it the only jap car mentioned in the same breath as Ferrari, porsche's and lambo's. even now it can teach these carmakers a thing or two about handling finnesse and buildquality. let us see your peice of crap c6 z06, with 7lt only 505bhp and still its just few seconds ahead of nsx-r on the ring which is powered by 286bhp and hardly any torque as compared to many of rivals.

Also have u ever touched a zo6 body it just plastic and crumples and bend whenever you touch it whereas NSX is handmade alumunium.

NSX mid engined where as corvette is Front engined.
NSX is all about handling and whereas corvette i as all about big numbers

GM all about marketing and big power numbers and Honda according to the Ferrari(yup) is the best engineering company on the planet today.
lets talk about heritage off both these cars corvette was produced to compete with mustang (no high standards here) and NSX was made to compete with Ferrari of those time and at the time HONDA and MClaren were ruling F1. Aryton Senna himself was responsible partly in development of the car just as schumacher was with Ferrari Enzo(f60)

corvette and nsx are 2 very different cars.

Corvette Z06 or whatever is a sportscar where as nsx is super car an exotic.

Imho the GTR and supra appeal to very different customers as compared to nsx.

Even a stock R33 gtr can do a lap under 8 minutes on the RING
and no corvette c6, c5 (z06 is different) can do that.

Every one knows that a ordinary japanese sports can outhandle the finest american sportcars.

and even in europe people respect a nice japanese car. cause they know that they are good and in some case better.

Just goes to show your ignorance..

Have you ever been in an NSX, well i have, and you talk about me touching a Z06...well my C6 was made today and should be with me in about a weeks time and as for the Z06 I have my money on it along with the R35 GTR for 2008...

Now for NSX-R..do you know the base price? 462k????? thats freaking more expensive than any lambo and almost as expensive as an F50...the only reason NSX is taken in the same breath as a ferrari is because of its small production number...15000 made i think since its production started back 14-15 years ago..

NSX-R is a race bred car..with no ammenities..what Z06 is a full on sports car with the ammenities from a mercedes benz...now thats the diff and let me not start with the price..ok I never compare price because all products have a different target market..but Z06 is a far superior machine to NSX-R period..280hp of the nsx-r could very well be under rated...the reason vette uses a 7lt to achieve 505hp is because of the simplicity in the engine and also because you could own the only supercar in the world with no GAS GUZZLER TAX in the world...yeah I have seen DICs of Z06s which read 31.3mpg on a long distance trip..now show me that on an NSX-R..oh wait..it isnt possible...not even 1/2 of that...and then take that same civic style efficient engine to the track and you would destroy most cars save Enzo and CGT...if NSX-R is made out of aluminum so is the Z06 aluminum, carbon fire and no what you saw in topgear is totaly insane..i could do the same with a 911..would you call it poorly made..come on man..Z06 if not build with top most quality is built with freakin good quality..

and by the way your claim for NSX-R time...please I would like to see...I have done my research and it poor thing lapped the ring in 8:09 pathetic..for the supercar(so you call it and for 462k makes it crap)...the C6 does the ring in 7:59 for 45k and the Z06 in 7:42.99 for 65k and you know what you get, modern ammenities like Heads up display, memory seats, heated seats, telescopic steering, NAV etc etc etc...show me all this in any supercar????

if you put down the Z06 to just put the car you like on a pedestial then you are ignorant and not a real car guy..I love Ferraris and Lamborghini's and all the big names but I have been stunned by what the corvette team has done..in true sense nothing could come close to the total package this super car has to offer the Z06..the only thing which will is the Z06 SS or Corvette SS or Blue Devil whatever you might like to call it...

and please back youself up on those track times, what I found is 10secs slower than C6..come on man..

For your sake i did a little more research..and it turns out that the 2900lb NSX-R with 320hp did the ring in 7:56(ppl say it was not a full lap) still only comes 3secs quicker than the 3300 lb 400hp C6..which means both these cars are about the same..lets not put NSX-R in Z06 category please..

Quote:
and please stop with this ignorant mentality..if the finest jap sports car is 4.5/5 consider the finest super cars are 5/5 then the Z06 is atleast 4.5/5 and Z06 is the finest supercar from america..so you read that atleast 4.5...they are different from american cars what most people associate with bad handling..

and another joke of a performance I heard that the NSX-R was on topgear and they could only manage 1:31 where as C6 managed 1:26 or something on those lines and let me not get into when they might have the Z06 on their track..what like 1:20 or 1:21 atleast...and those are on the worst tires man has made...

Last edited by 1Day : 1st November 2005 at 20:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks