Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2005, 19:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag
1. Just got back from a 2500 KM Blr-Nagpur-Blr trip in my new Dicor and I can tell you THAT is a car for Indian roads. Ran into huge potholes over a 150KM stretch in Maharashtra and the Dicor hardly breaks its stride.. Had done the same trip in my Siena1.6 last year and I was crawling in 1st gear threading my way around. In fact, in the Dicor, the trip was 1 hour faster..
Did you, by chance, travelled via Gulbarga? I had to wind up my North Karnataka trip due to horrible roads around Northen Karnataka. Later, I came to know from a friend that, this particular area plies ONLY sumos/trax and similar SUVs, and no cars.
Old 11th November 2005, 19:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbhag
OK.. here is thread relevant to me..

1. Just got back from a 2500 KM Blr-Nagpur-Blr trip in my new Dicor and I can tell you THAT is a car for Indian roads. Ran into huge potholes over a 150KM stretch in Maharashtra and the Dicor hardly breaks its stride.. Had done the same trip in my Siena1.6 last year and I was crawling in 1st gear threading my way around. In fact, in the Dicor, the trip was 1 hour faster..

2. The 200m stretch leading to my house is true offroading.. no roads, stones & mud.. Dicor revels in it..

The way Blr is going, soon we will have no roads to drive on. Only SUVs will move around..

Will do a post on the trip in a few days...

You said it, Nitin. I found journey times down significantly as well...this vehicle carries speed very well and most of the stuff on the road doesnt matter.

Recently did Cochin - Palghat (169 kms on the NH plus a few kms to and from the NH) in 2 hours WITH my parents and they didnt notice that I was going fast...
Old 12th November 2005, 00:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Ditto

tata and mahindra are INdian car manufacturers hence its like making a car for self.

while they give you durability and reliability and value for money at the same time

it takes time to imclude quality in the list.

I dont own a tata or mahindra until now but I know my next car is one from them.
Old 14th November 2005, 11:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hmm the DICOR sounds like quite a treat, despite what I've heard about Safaris in general (maintenance wise). Do they really last like Tata's CVs (minor problems apart) ? One good point raised in this thread which I concur with is the can-afford-to-maintain - which is much better for Tata and probably M&M too as compared to the Hondas and Toyotas of the world. The only qn is - is the frequency of maintenance needed after say 3-4 years too high for these ?
Old 14th November 2005, 12:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx
Hmm the DICOR sounds like quite a treat, despite what I've heard about Safaris in general (maintenance wise). Do they really last like Tata's CVs (minor problems apart) ? One good point raised in this thread which I concur with is the can-afford-to-maintain - which is much better for Tata and probably M&M too as compared to the Hondas and Toyotas of the world. The only qn is - is the frequency of maintenance needed after say 3-4 years too high for these ?

Since you're in Bangalore, you can contact Nitinbhag on the forum who has recently bought a Dicor to navigate Bannarghatta Road.
Old 14th November 2005, 13:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
You said it, Nitin. I found journey times down significantly as well...this vehicle carries speed very well and most of the stuff on the road doesnt matter.

Recently did Cochin - Palghat (169 kms on the NH plus a few kms to and from the NH) in 2 hours WITH my parents and they didnt notice that I was going fast...
yup, it does rule the road.. plus you get a lot of respect from the trucks & buses who let you go by quite easily compared to a car..

I touched 130+ kmph speedo on good stretches (after doing 2000km) and it felt like doing under 100KMPH.. in fact, in this car, you do not realise the speeds you are doing..

Zenx, for anybody who lives in Blr and drives a bit on highways, Dicor is a terrific car.. I have realised that putting down money on fast sedans in India does not make much sense..
Old 14th November 2005, 14:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Did you, by chance, travelled via Gulbarga? I had to wind up my North Karnataka trip due to horrible roads around Northen Karnataka. Later, I came to know from a friend that, this particular area plies ONLY sumos/trax and similar SUVs, and no cars.
RX, no I just went straight on NH7 via Hyderabad.. The road till AP-Mah border is perfectly fine.. inside Mah, it is horrible, worse than a village road.. but the Safari sails through all this..
Old 14th November 2005, 15:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thats pretty good going for the Smart. That converts to just over 546,553 km.

It is probably an isolated incident. Not all Smarts will be able to cover that type of mileage. Just like you get lemons you get these diamonds that go on and on for ever.

It would be nice to know how the car has been driven as well. Is it mainly autobahn (motorway) usage as opposed to town or urban usage ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks