Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 10:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Do we have a DB9 or a Rapide in apro Bombay?
Bombay has the Vantage only for now. Another Aston is coming very soon but i am not permited to metion the model yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeee View Post
Nothing in India at the moment. Unless there is a proper supercar rally or something like that. Checked with some FB groups but no joy!
Did'nt quite follow this Dubeee. If this was meant as no DB9 in India then you are wrong. We have DB9, DBS, Vantage (white 2000's), Vanquish DB7, 1987 Vantage v8 and there was one more i forget now.
Old 24th August 2010, 11:00   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

Did'nt quite follow this Dubeee. If this was meant as no DB9 in India then you are wrong. We have DB9, DBS, Vantage (white 2000's), Vanquish DB7, 1987 Vantage v8 and there was one more i forget now.
There is a '90s Virage Volante in Bangalore as well. It's extremely rare!
Old 24th August 2010, 12:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Thats the one i missed Suhaas, RC's car right.

Last edited by speedy : 24th August 2010 at 12:48.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:01   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thats the one i missed Suhaas, RC's car right.
Spot on, Abhi! It's one helluva gorgeous car and the colour is just exquisite!
Old 24th August 2010, 15:24   #20

Quote:
Bombay has the Vantage only for now. Another Aston is coming very soon but i am not permited to metion the model yet.

Didn't quite follow this Dubeee. If this was meant as no DB9 in India then you are wrong. We have DB9, DBS, Vantage (white 2000's), Vanquish DB7, 1987 Vantage v8 and there was one more i forget now.
Ah! I initially assumed that the question was whether I had a car in India. Yes am aware of some good 'specimens' and this is how I heard about BHP. What I intended to say was that I also had no plans to bring the car to India unless there was a 'proper' supercar rally as opposed to a drive around town showpiece.

Cheers!
Old 24th August 2010, 19:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow,had no idea we had that car right here in Bangalore!Has it ever been spotted and posted here?
Old 24th August 2010, 21:43   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Wow,had no idea we had that car right here in Bangalore!Has it ever been spotted and posted here?
As far as I know, that car is hardly taken out of its garage. Much like the rest of the cars in his garage. And that's pretty much all I will disclose about it. Besides, we're going terribly off-topic!
Old 24th August 2010, 21:56   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ive heard about a Rapide coming to Juhu soon.

theragingbull - Have you heard?
Old 24th August 2010, 23:24   #24

- more pics and back to topic! -

Quote:
Poor old dubee,buys an aston and still people crib(Just kidding)
Love the car,its extremely beautiful.Looks better than the DB7.And i like those interiors too.The only thing that does go with green is the wood,could you replace it with something like burnished aluminium(like on the doors)
A sense of humour? I've got heaps of it! ;-) Asked for it anyway!
Quite a bit of that aluminium is NOT what it is actually. Several of us owners are quite miffed with this. Some are trying to get aftermarket stuff made but it never will be good enough. The wood trip was sort of standard. Will have to check on this. Thanks for the input though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
The Car looks simply brilliant. Great choice with the color although I would have preferred a black interior or red (mild).
But the British Racing green is the only color I can imagine an Aston in.
Again great car.
Yes BRG is the very reason we fell for the car. I refused to leave until the deal was confirmed. Was about to pay the additional money for the leather change but decided against that.

Quote:
As far as I know, that car is hardly taken out of its garage. Much like the rest of the cars in his garage. And that's pretty much all I will disclose about it. Besides, we're going terribly off-topic!
Well, we should be back on track with some more pics I found in my archives. Will do a sunset shoot later this week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post

Congrats on a terrific terrific piece of machinery and enjoy every moment of it. Please post more pics, especially the engine and the suspension if possible. Also, post a log on your runs.

If I were you I would be doing a London to Monte Carlo run ( a la Barnato) and a London to Copenhagen run ( a la Clarkson)

Regards

I have only these left which were taken last year. Have to figure out how to get the ''technical'' snaps. Am planning to give her in for detailing tomorrow for a day so will try and get something done there.

Just having some fun with my wide angle lens!

Aston Martin DB9 in Racing Green v Green Interior-db7.jpg

That's a cute grin!

Aston Martin DB9 in Racing Green v Green Interior-db11.jpg

Every artist should sign of on his handiwork,,,

Aston Martin DB9 in Racing Green v Green Interior-adb3.jpg

Aston Martin DB9 in Racing Green v Green Interior-adb1.jpg

Lotsa horses out here.

Aston Martin DB9 in Racing Green v Green Interior-adb2.jpg

Love the curve on that paddle shift!

Aston Martin DB9 in Racing Green v Green Interior-adb6.jpg

Notice something in the background??

Aston Martin DB9 in Racing Green v Green Interior-db5.jpg

Just for the record! ;-)

Aston Martin DB9 in Racing Green v Green Interior-adb9.jpg

Aston Martin DB9 in Racing Green v Green Interior-db10.jpg

Close up of an earlier image..

Cheers!

Last edited by dubeee : 24th August 2010 at 23:30. Reason: adding a pic!
Old 24th August 2010, 23:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Really nice pictures dubeee! The 6L engine is HUMONGOUS!
What's the fastest you've been?

@akshay1234....I haven't heard of a Rapide coming to Bombay. But would love to see it in the flesh. People say it's the most beautiful 4-door!
Old 25th August 2010, 00:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Now what is that in the background?a jaguar s-type?
Old 25th August 2010, 12:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah! I initially assumed that the question was whether I had a car in India. Yes am aware of some good 'specimens' and this is how I heard about BHP. What I intended to say was that I also had no plans to bring the car to India unless there was a 'proper' supercar rally as opposed to a drive around town showpiece.

Cheers!
I might be wrong here but i presume India does have 15 odd Aston Martins and now with Aston officially opening shop there would be more.

If i were in your shoes i would keep her there and not plan to bring her down even for a supercar rally. The roads there are far better, you might have the odd traffic but yet its not like your jammed to crawl at 10kms with the fear or someone scratching the car while trying to sqeeze through.
The other thing is to get the car down for the super car rally which is planned for in october as i was informed by MLCarrera. This would be on carnet as the Aston is a LHD. This means 60% of the car value has to be paid as bond not knowing what value is taken by the customs. The frieght and shipping costs etc. I have heard stories of full bond amount not being returned when the car leaves with some amount cut on some pretex or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Ive heard about a Rapide coming to Juhu soon.
I cannot comment on this but if you see my post i did mention one more is coming and i cannot mention the model, area or the owner. I can only do so when she is registered.
Old 25th August 2010, 20:02   #28

- romantic and unrealistic ideas -

Quote:
I might be wrong here but i presume India does have 15 odd Aston Martins and now with Aston officially opening shop there would be more.

If i were in your shoes i would keep her there and not plan to bring her down even for a supercar rally. The roads there are far better, you might have the odd traffic but yet its not like your jammed to crawl at 10kms with the fear or someone scratching the car while trying to sqeeze through.
The other thing is to get the car down for the super car rally which is planned for in october as i was informed by MLCarrera. This would be on carnet as the Aston is a LHD. This means 60% of the car value has to be paid as bond not knowing what value is taken by the customs. The frieght and shipping costs etc. I have heard stories of full bond amount not being returned when the car leaves with some amount cut on some pretex or the other.
@speedy, Thanks for your input which has just helped convince me to drop the idea as a romantic and unrealistic one!!
That said, we definitely are looking and our own 4x4 road trip next year. For this - and at the moment, we intend to bring our cars. The problem is that RHD vehicles need to be imported in from either Japan, Australia or the UK for this first and then reshipped in our name to India under Carnet. Will start working the 4x4 forum for this soon!

Cheers!
Old 26th August 2010, 11:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@speedy, Thanks for your input which has just helped convince me to drop the idea as a romantic and unrealistic one!!
That said, we definitely are looking and our own 4x4 road trip next year. For this - and at the moment, we intend to bring our cars. The problem is that RHD vehicles need to be imported in from either Japan, Australia or the UK for this first and then reshipped in our name to India under Carnet. Will start working the 4x4 forum for this soon!

Cheers!
Dubeee i would not call it unrealistic, there are many people who bring cars on carnet but do keep the car here for the full 6 months period and also ask for extentions of a month or two. I was only stating what i would do and what i have heard. I frankly would rather fly down to Dubai every weekend to drive the exotics (if i owned any there). My Father actually wanted to do that. Buy a house there and have a couple of great cars and have it as a weekend getaway.

As far as the road trip goes you do not need to specialy buy cars from Japan or Australia. Carnet permits you to bring LHD cars too. The duration of the vehicles stay is the same 6 months in the country. The car cannot be sold in India and has to be taken back. My suggestion is bring in cars that have service back up here in India, i would go with the Toyota's for this. In Dubai the LC's are the cheapest to buy secondhand and these would be ideal to rough it out.
Old 31st March 2011, 02:05   #30

Re: Aston Martin DB9 in Racing Green v Green Interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Really nice pictures dubeee! The 6L engine is HUMONGOUS!
What's the fastest you've been?
;-) am not supposed to talk about speed here but i got my first speeding ticket in years yesterday :( - from a rear view camera. let's just say that one can push this car to it's limits now and then... far away from town.

Quote:
Now what is that in the background?a jaguar s-type?
that's an xjr special edition. as smooth as silk.

Last edited by aah78 : 31st March 2011 at 04:39. Reason: Quote fixed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks