Team-BHP - Next Gen Maybach Rendering
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Next Gen Maybach Rendering (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/94984-next-gen-maybach-rendering.html)

AutoBild magazine revealed a CGI of next generation Maybach.

Source:GermanCarForum.com

I read in the FT.com that Aston Martin and Mercedes are actively discussing a tie up where Aston will build the Maybach. In return , Mercedes will provide engines for Aston Martin

Hm, Not bad as a rendering. But I feel the rear Q is very much inspired from Bentley Continental Series and what am I seeing?!?! Maybach going the Phantom way with the suicide doors!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 2204658)
I read in the FT.com that Aston Martin and Mercedes are actively discussing a tie up where Aston will build the Maybach. In return , Mercedes will provide engines for Aston Martin

There you go brother,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...heard-all.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2204665)
Hm, Not bad as a rendering.

I, on the other hand- feel it looks cheap (Comparitively, of course!)! Not a royal looking car for the price its worth! Compared to an RR, this wont make a statement if you arrive in one.

For example- take a close look at the front grill, and the rear glass + bonnet integration. Something is looking out-of place and 'chinese' in the design!

Gosh!! this isnt bad, but some aspects just ruin it.. look at those wheels!! they are beyond hideous!!

Please tell me this is a joke!!

Is it just me / is anyone else noticing Merc S cues all over it, like its been redone by Chinese. Car screams Chinese(imitation) to me in every way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bivin (Post 2204748)
Gosh!! this isnt bad, but some aspects just ruin it.. look at those wheels!! they are beyond hideous!!

I find nothing wrong with them, infact quite like them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vette8991 (Post 2205049)

Is it just me / is anyone else noticing Merc S cues all over it, like its been redone by Chinese. Car screams Chinese(imitation) to me in every way.

I had once said that it looks by, for and of Shanghai.
Probably Maybach have realised that not many are interested in buying an overrated and overpriced S-class and looks like they have discovered a huge market among the rich Chinese and are trying to cater to their taste in every possible way.

The front lights have a hint of F700 in them, and the grille? a korean or chinese creation.
The rear doesn't look at all well.Something from bentley,something from 6 SERIES(!!!)
Anyway don't underestimate them, and i believe in all probability that this rendering is just a very rough sketch of what to expect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vette8991 (Post 2205049)

It's certainly horrible.

What is this? Elderly-American-millionaire bad taste?

:Frustrati

I can tell you, I'm never going to have one of these on my drive!

(well, actually, that would be true even if it was beautiful ;))

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 2204479)
AutoBild magazine revealed a CGI of next generation Maybach.

Source:GermanCarForum.com

It looks garish to be honest. The design has a cheap Chinese rip-off feel to it. The rear look obviously looks too much like the Bentley Continental Series and the two-tone paint ending abruptly at the rear doors is just awkward.

What Maybach needs a completely new design.

It should have some cues of the Mercedes styling but apart from that it should have an image of its own.

They should design Mercedes cars using Maybach's styling and not the other way around.

Currently the front looks inspired by the F800 concept and rear resembles more like the AMG SLS

Also things like how the white portion ends just looks as if it was an ad don and not part of the car.

The only way to sell the Maybach would be its design, it needs road presence.
A Chrysler 300C turns more heads than a Maybach in my opinion.

whats the right pronunciation of this brand?
Is it 'MyBock' or 'MayBack' ?

I often feel people would talk a lot more about this car if they could pronounce it properly. I often feel a little embarrassed to talk about this car, wondering if ive got the name right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 2207065)
whats the right pronunciation of this brand?
Is it 'MyBock' or 'MayBack' ?

I often feel people would talk a lot more about this car if they could pronounce it properly. I often feel a little embarrassed to talk about this car, wondering if ive got the name right.

MY-BAAKH . Thats how the German's say it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 2207184)
MY-BAAKH . Thats how the German's say it.

Oops, all these years me and my friends have been saying it as MAY-BAAK.