Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2005, 10:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Did he really test the Cityrover? I remember seeing it in the MG SV episode, I think he talks about it for a short while. Does he test it any time?
Old 30th December 2005, 10:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Clarkson didnt test it. The MG Cityrover was tested by James May along with his girlfriend.
Old 30th December 2005, 12:05   #18
Team-BHP Support

MG Rover refused to lend a CityRover to Top Gear for testing purposes. I suppose they knew right from the start that it was a pretty bad car.Apart from the looks, power and sound, Clarkson spoke pretty badly about the SV if I can remember correctly. Jeremy has had a go at just about everybody in this world. One shouldn't take him too seriously.
Old 31st December 2005, 02:03   #19
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Did he really test the Cityrover? I remember seeing it in the MG SV episode, I think he talks about it for a short while. Does he test it any time?
and whats the name of the guy in your avatar ?
Old 31st December 2005, 03:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

I think people should take his comments sportively to really enjoy his wittyness...He is a smart alec who doesnt give a damn bout others, now that should have its own limitations I reckon...All in all its fun listening to him, actualy woulnd mind him instead of some goddamn Indian comedy serial...
Old 1st January 2006, 10:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

On Yer Bike Clarkson, Say Lib Dems

In an attempt to make JC change his mind about cyclists, the Liberal Democrats recently gifted him a cycle. JC had previously made some offending (relative term) remarks about them. All he had stated that if someone on a bicycle runs a red light, he wouldnt think twice about running them over, if he is the one coming from the opposite direction. Now just because this was said by JC, he is being lynched by the mob.
Read the cycle article here : http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm...name_page.html
Old 1st January 2006, 11:27   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
and whats the name of the guy in your avatar ?
That's Tiff Needell - former racer, former Top Gear presenter and now, Fifth Gear presenter.
Old 1st January 2006, 12:47   #23
Team-BHP Support

@sajo, It is said that every time he sends an email it results in an earthquake somewhere, so beware of what you ask
Old 20th July 2012, 15:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeremy Clarkson in the News again!!

very old thread, but it is about city rover. just saw this video about cityrover. Cityrover got crushed by top gear people.

Last edited by tushky : 20th July 2012 at 15:11.
Old 20th July 2012, 15:19   #25
BHPian

Lol. The Indica is lucky considering the sorry state of several Morris he has destroyed over the years. I loved the one in which he drops a piano, right out of the blue.
Unpredictable, Porsche bashing entertainer!! Just waiting for the next installment of TG to come out.
Old 27th July 2012, 00:47   #26
BHPian

My favourite Clarkson wheeze by a long shot -

Old 17th November 2013, 21:45   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond Busted for Speeding in France: Lincenses Supsended, Driving Ban.

Quote:
The Top Gear stars thought the wouldn't get into too much trouble, since the speed limit is (130 km/h). Nevertheless, the French police informed them they had ignored the (90 km/h) limit imposed on that certain stretch of highway.
Quote:
The policemen expressed their negative feelings by handing the two presenters fines that required all the cash they had on them. Oh and they also took away their licenses. The icing on this law-breaking cake was a three-month driving ban in France.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/je...ban-71178.html
Old 1st November 2014, 16:03   #28
BHPian

Oops he did it again! The notorious Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson is again surrounded by controversies over a tweet which suggests that he may have been drinking and driving. The famous British automotive show, BBC Top Gear, and Clarkson are currently filming in Australia. The controversy arose when Clarkson tweeted from his personal Twitter account: “One of the best drives of my life. Gravel road. M6. Sun going down. iPod playing Blind Faith. Beer in cup holder.”

"

One of the best drives of my life. Gravel road. M6. Sun going down. iPod playing Blind Faith. Beer in cup holder. pic.twitter.com/95Okh9vnPh

— Jeremy Clarkson (@JeremyClarkson) October 25, 2014
Old 13th March 2015, 13:38   #29
BHPian

As some of you must have read, BBC has cancelled the upcoming Top Gear episodes and suspended Jeremy Clarkson because of his argument with a BBC producer.
People please sign this petition. Don't want my favourite auto show to go off air over internal rivalries.
https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

MOD Note - Detailed discussion on This Thread (Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now released from BBC)

Thread Closed

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th March 2015 at 21:31. Reason: Please see the mod note in your post, thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks