Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2006, 22:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Sportscars might be fun cars, but arn't 'family' cars for sure.
Old 22nd January 2006, 07:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Sportscars might be fun cars, but arn't 'family' cars for sure.
agreed, now lets take this one example..you bought the car just today, you have a wife and kid and they are dying to go for a ride one first and last time(since you call a sports car not a family car) and while giving them a joy ride you meet with an accident(touch wood, hope nothing like this ever happens) and its a serious one...something really bad happens(you dont want me to elaborate) and you go after ferrari suing them...according to your logic ferrari tells you oh sorry we cant help it..its not a family car..you shouldnt be taking wife and kid in the car... i would love to hear your reaction to that

Last edited by 1Day : 22nd January 2006 at 07:13.
Old 22nd January 2006, 11:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys, it's not as complicated as you guys are making it seem. Just go and buy an E60 M5, simple!
Old 22nd January 2006, 12:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
agreed, now lets take this one example..you bought the car just today, you have a wife and kid and they are dying to go for a ride one first and last time(since you call a sports car not a family car) and while giving them a joy ride you meet with an accident(touch wood, hope nothing like this ever happens) and its a serious one...something really bad happens(you dont want me to elaborate) and you go after ferrari suing them...according to your logic ferrari tells you oh sorry we cant help it..its not a family car..you shouldnt be taking wife and kid in the car... i would love to hear your reaction to that
Well, i would take them for a joyride, no prob in that. But wouldn't dare push it and risk the lives of others...It doesn't matter if its a Ferrari, a Porsche, a Corvetter or any other supercar, u drive fast and get involved in an accident then there is no point in suing the manufacturer cuz ur the one who 'put' their life in danger by going for a 'joy ride with family'

Seriously...would u wanna put ur wife and kids in danger by going for a ride at say 150-200kmph??? I don't think so.
Old 22nd January 2006, 12:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head
Guys, it's not as complicated as you guys are making it seem. Just go and buy an E60 M5, simple!
Hhaaahahahahaha Duuuuudee .... well said. Couldnt have come to a better solution!!! Maaan what a CAR that E60 is. Damn!
Old 22nd January 2006, 19:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, i would take them for a joyride, no prob in that. But wouldn't dare push it and risk the lives of others...It doesn't matter if its a Ferrari, a Porsche, a Corvetter or any other supercar, u drive fast and get involved in an accident then there is no point in suing the manufacturer cuz ur the one who 'put' their life in danger by going for a 'joy ride with family'

Seriously...would u wanna put ur wife and kids in danger by going for a ride at say 150-200kmph??? I don't think so.

Well I only said joy ride..I didnt say putting anyone in danger..accidents happen even when you are not driving fast..so your argument about not drive fast would fail..what if it was somebody else's fault and that was your wife and kids first trip in your car then what?

and what are you saying, if something happens to someone in the car and the car couldnt protect them when they could have been protected, its manufacturers fault all the way and you would go after them..its plain and simple..

also are you telling me,you would be that sane while driving a ferrari as to not put your wife and kids in even slight danger..anytime you drive fast you are putting yourself and other lives in danger and please dont tell me you havent driven even an ounces quicker than you should?and now picture a ferrari in your hands..

and i agree with ported..get an M5..only if that back and side profile was not this ugly...RS4 may be..its smart, understated and kicks a$$ when it comes to power..only 2 secs slower than the M5 on the ring..thats quite an achievement for a car that might cost a tad more than an M3..

Last edited by 1Day : 22nd January 2006 at 19:07.
Old 22nd January 2006, 19:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day

and what are you saying, if something happens to someone in the car and the car couldnt protect them when they could have been protected, its manufacturers fault all the way and you would go after them..its plain and simple..
First of all, 99% of people who buy supercars buy them cuz they love speed. So the whole point in gettin one it to expericene the thrill u get from it.

Now i don't know abt the other 1%, maybe u can use it as a family car or for grocery shopping!!

And could u please define 'joy ride'?
IMO driving at 40kmph wouldn't be a joyride but a drive at 100kmph would be one. So a joyride can't be called safe.

Now crashing at a crazy speed and blaming the car/manufacturer is plain rubbish. It actually depends on the situation. Its not always the cars fault.
Old 22nd January 2006, 19:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First of all, 99% of people who buy supercars buy them cuz they love speed. So the whole point in gettin one it to expericene the thrill u get from it.

Now i don't know abt the other 1%, maybe u can use it as a family car or for grocery shopping!!

And could u please define 'joy ride'?
IMO driving at 40kmph wouldn't be a joyride but a drive at 100kmph would be one. So a joyride can't be called safe.

Now crashing at a crazy speed and blaming the car/manufacturer is plain rubbish. It actually depends on the situation. Its not always the cars fault.

you realise where I am 100 kmph is leagal right so you agree its a crazi speed and you agree crashing at this can be deadly..so now..which means you are allowed to blame the manufacturer cuz they screwed up..and btw I know a ton of people owning murcielagos, gallardos, GT40s who drive interstate just for the fun of it..now in a situation like that something happens then what?

you dont buy a car so that only you sit in it..your argument is totaly flawed..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks