Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2012, 19:27   #61
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Re: Moto GP 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Doesn't matter if couldn't make it to the podium this time, but boy, does he have a riding style. Surely gonna miss him from the next season.
Have to agree here. He does have style and makes for beautiful watching. Everybody is still clueless on how he rode and won on that Ducati which was merciless across the corners. I remember watching a clip somewhere in which Rossi's father was talking about it when they were trying to fix Rossi's bike last year. The tone clearly showed respect.

Quote:
And, one more thing, I am bored of Lorenzo, his flags and his jumps and the ever increasing self-conceited foolery. I would rather love to see a moaning Stoner at the top of the game than this kid's monkeynastix. Also, any idea what that foam thingy was?
Doesn't look original, does it? I don't know why; no matter how many wins/championships he will have under his belt, I have somehow got a feeling that he'll never have the kind of fan following Rossi, Stoner, Schwanz, Rainey had in their time. Sorry Jorge fans, he surely is pure talent though.

With no Stoner next year, I'm counting on Cal, Bautista (on a better machine ofcourse), Spies and hopefully a new generation of riders - Marquez, Iannone, Luthi, Esparago in the near future. Though I'm a Rossi fan, its clearly showing that his days are over although everyone including himself must be hoping for a miracle to turn the tides around.

Last edited by JVH : 4th June 2012 at 19:36.
Old 5th June 2012, 22:12   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Have to agree here. He does have style and makes for beautiful watching. Everybody is still clueless on how he rode and won on that Ducati which was merciless across the corners. I remember watching a clip somewhere in which Rossi's father was talking about it when they were trying to fix Rossi's bike last year. The tone clearly showed respect.
Steer through the rear makes the Ducati work is what most pundits believe.

You can read this exhaustive article on motomatters: The Trouble With The Ducati Desmosedici: An Exhaustive Analysis | MotoMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks

I have read it twice or thrice and still finding it difficult to understand what's what!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Doesn't look original, does it? I don't know why; no matter how many wins/championships he will have under his belt, I have somehow got a feeling that he'll never have the kind of fan following Rossi, Stoner, Schwanz, Rainey had in their time. Sorry Jorge fans, he surely is pure talent though.
Doesn't look genuine to me as well. Lorenzo is getting weirder day by day. I respect him as a racer, but on or off field he has this split personality which is not very much to my liking. Pre-race conference he'd behave as he's the most matured rider out there, and post-race he just hoons around like a 5-year old who has just won a lemon-spoon race. Very irritating!

Jorge was surely a man on mission this Sunday as he did everything possible to tease Pedrosa after pipping him to second place at his home-track. Poor Pedrosa behaved like a kid too; he couldn't wait to get back home and have a good sulk!

Hope Silverstone sees any other rider on top of the podium and not Lorenzo!
Old 5th June 2012, 22:24   #63
BHPian

Vale's bike does not get him to fight with the top bracket. Stoner does not show great race craft even though he is an astounding rider. Pedrosa is scared of a fight when it looms large. Even he is an amazing rider. Spies is off colour. Lorenzo has all for the taking. Unless Dovi and Cal can do what they are doing these days, its lorenzo all the way. The only thing he needs to do is to deny stoner pole. That makes stoner a lot less successful.
Old 14th June 2012, 06:04   #64
BHPian

Misano world circuit renamed to honour Marco Simoncelli.

Misano renamed to honour Simoncelli - Yahoo! Eurosport

Check out the new logo including Simoncelli's name.

Misano World Circuit

A wonderful gesture from the circuit management!
Old 17th June 2012, 19:14   #65
BHPian

...and he jumps again from the podium while just managing to not to crash into a group of officials. Absolute foolery at its absolute best. I am just sick of Lorenzo! After any race where Lorenzo emerges as the winner this is the moment ^^ I dread the most!

Of the race now, it was full of thrills. Battle among the top 7 or 8 riders at the starting; Ben Spies's rocket start; Stoner's slides ; Pedrosa/Dovi/Hayden; Bautista keeping up with Ped; Lorenzo's dogfight; Cal's comeback and then the battle for the first place between Stoner and Lorenzo. Cracker of a race!

Definitely something wrong in Stoner's Honda at the moment. Or the Yamaha is just too good to race against. Once Lorenzo makes a move on any of the Honda, neither of the Repsol riders can catch him. Even Spies looked in great shape today. He just has some mental-thing going on. He had pace today but was left out of the leading pack because of his own errors. This race I think is also the the testimony for the top three riders as of the day. No matter where they start from the grid, they are always finishing on the podium.
Old 17th June 2012, 20:03   #66
BHPian

Quote:
...and he jumps again from the podium while just managing to not to crash into a group of officials.
It would have been a good spectacle if he would have crashed into them . As much as I root for this guy's win, I don't care much for his podium antics. During the champagne time, he goes off on his own spraying the champagne on his manager and team below , almost as if he is ignoring the other podium finishers.

Quote:

Definitely something wrong in Stoner's Honda at the moment. Or the Yamaha is just too good to race against. Once Lorenzo makes a move on any of the Honda, neither of the Repsol riders can catch him.
I would say that the Yamahas and the Hondas are evenly matched now. The season started off with Honda on top and it looks like they are more even now. Could be due to the improved parts from Yamaha and also due to the recent tyre changes by Bridgestone.

I was expecting Stoner to be stronger towards the end as Lorenzo had to initially fight his way from 5th place and hence could have used his tyres more. The fact that Lorenzo could pull away from Stoner at ease shows just how good he is in managing his tyres and hence the pace.
Old 17th June 2012, 22:04   #67
JVH
Senior - BHPian

I missed the race. Hope I'll be able to watch it sometime later (minus the celebration ofcourse). Regarding the bike set ups, actually Yamaha was considered to be the complete all around bike right from the beginning of the season. The results are there to be seen only now though and the way things are going, it looks like a 1 way race.

I just hope Stoner stays in the battle till the end and puts up a show. Would love to see the other Yam and Honda too :-)
Old 17th June 2012, 23:29   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
It would have been a good spectacle if he would have crashed into them . As much as I root for this guy's win, I don't care much for his podium antics. During the champagne time, he goes off on his own spraying the champagne on his manager and team below , almost as if he is ignoring the other podium finishers.
He's an irritant! Not only to the spectators but for everybody around.

Quote:
I would say that the Yamahas and the Hondas are evenly matched now. Could be due to the improved parts from Yamaha and also due to the recent tyre changes by Bridgestone.

The fact that Lorenzo could pull away from Stoner at ease shows just how good he is in managing his tyres and hence the pace.
Yamaha definitely has a better setup for Jorge this time. Managing tires is something you'd have to give credit to the electronics on the M1 rather that its rider. The M1 has always been faster and more smooth round the corners and under-braking, it's on straights/corner exit where it runs out of steam against the mighty Honda.
Old 18th June 2012, 05:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Managing tires is something you'd have to give credit to the electronics on the M1 rather that its rider. The M1 has always been faster and more smooth round the corners and under-braking, it's on straights/corner exit where it runs out of steam against the mighty Honda.
I agree with you that its the electronics that manage the tire wear.However, I think this could be applicable only for the rear tire. What I was referring to was that Lorenzo could have used up too much of his front tire during the braking for over taking.

The top three guys deserve a lot of credit for their controlled on the limit riding. A true indicator of this is the minimum number of crashes that Stoner, Lorenzo and Pedrosa had this season compared to Dovi, Cal etc. However, its good to see the satellite bikes giving a tough fight for the factory bikes.I hope we could see a satellite rider on top step of the podium before the end of this season.
Old 30th June 2012, 18:53   #70
Senior - BHPian

We might get to see Marquez on a 1000cc Honda next year after all. Just read this:

Quote:
Effective 01 January 2013:

"Rookie" riders will be permitted to ride for a factory team.
In the MotoGP class, manufacturers are restricted to two direct entries per manufacturer and may provide material for a maximum of two entries per manufacturer operated by Independent teams. This results in two factory and two satellite machines.
What a Moto3 race! Talk about a photofinish! Separated by a mere 0.001 seconds!

Moto GP 2012-468880_10151020431305769_1846199651_o.jpg

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 30th June 2012 at 19:08.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 18:54   #71
BHPian

Jor-gay Lorenzo crashing out on the very first corner; The M1 'fuming' back at him on his attempt to get going again...Clearly, nobody, not even his own ride, likes this prick at all...Hahahahahahahahaha

By far the best sight in MotoGP 2012. More of this please!

Thank God, the championship is still alive.
Old 30th June 2012, 19:13   #72
BHPian

It was very disappointing.. always sad to see a rider go out for the wrong reasons..I'm sure that the race would have been more interesting if Jorge was around. Once he was out, it was very clear that it's only a matter of time before Stoner overtakes Pedrosa and pull away.

In motorcycle racing, incidents like today's accident do happen . However what Bautista did was pretty stupid and I hope he get penalised so that we don't see such irresponsible incidents further.

This race clearly shows how much performance Jorge was able to pull out of the Yamaha in the previous races. The other Yam riders were not able to hold a candle to the Hondas once he was out.

While this race is definitely good for the championship, I hope to see incident free and exciting races going forward.

Last edited by badri : 30th June 2012 at 19:15.
Old 4th July 2012, 09:17   #73
Team-BHP Support

The Moto GP musical chair is in full swing mode and despite Valentino Rossi not scoring massive points for seasons, everyone everywhere is waiting for his move.

Post which, others fate will be decided. Rossi may either go to Honda (Marc Marquez wishes to be Rossi's team-mate) or Suzuki has expressed interest to be back @ Moto GP because of him.

Hayden, Spies, Colin might head the WSBK way.

The silly season is really silly this time around.
Old 6th July 2012, 06:59   #74
BHPian

There is a rumour that Pedrosa has renewed his contract with Honda. Now Rossi has given a statement that he has never contacted Honda. Looks like he staying at Ducati is becoming more likely now. There was another rumour that Rossi will be a team owner / rider in a satellite Yamaha team named after him.
Old 8th July 2012, 00:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
There is a rumour that Pedrosa has renewed his contract with Honda.
That's not been done as yet. Has it? There's definitely some noise in the media about this contract too. Pedrosa said it might happen at Sachsenring or at Mugello. Not sure if he's done with that though.

Marquez still has to prove his mettle on the factory bike. In which case, Dani becomes the default choice for the Repsol Honda team. I can't see why Honda shall be dumping him. Stoner is already gone and Jorge is happy to stay with Yamaha. Those were the only contenders for the seat, I think...

Quote:
Looks like he staying at Ducati is becoming more likely now. There was another rumour that Rossi will be a team owner / rider in a satellite Yamaha team named after him.
He is most certainly staying with Ducati. Strangely, Ducati is not in mood to retain Hayden for the next season. Looking at his pace so far in the season, and particularly at qualifying session in Sachsenring today where he was neck and neck with others for the pole, it's a crying shame really!

The other part where you mentioned Rossi planning to be a team owner is a news to me. No wonder if he does that though. Ducati and its so claimed improvements haven't helped Rossi even a tiny bit.

Btw, the qualifying today was bonkers! Last 10 minutes were completely enthralling. The last 15 seconds even more so. Stoner rides like nuts!

OT: Tomorrow, it's MotoGP first then F1 and then Wimbledon's final. Tight schedule if you are a sport lover.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks