Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2012, 16:14   #16
BHPian

Re: Indian-born Monisha Kaltenborn to be the 1st Female Team Principal in F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
Attachment 915130
About Monisha Kaltenborn:

Monisha Kaltenborn (born Monisha Narang, May 10, 1971) is the current Chief Executive Officer of the Sauber Formula One team. She is one of the most prominent women in world motorsport. Kaltenborn was born in Dehradun, India. Yup, she's Indian . Her family emigrated to Vienna when she was a child. She studied for a Law degree at the University of Vienna, and then completed a Masters degree in International Business Law at the London School of Economics..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

And she's of Indian origin too! Wonderful news this.
Cheers and all the best to the lady in charge!! A proud moment!
It might be a news that she is in F1 and that too as a CEO of a team, congratulations for that but i don't understand why it is news that she was born in "India"!? does that make her indian? she is Austrian and got all the (equal) opportunities there in Austria to study, to do job. she has made it "there" not "here"! so, why do we get estatic whenever someone so called "Indian-born" some big success like Kalpna Chawala and others.

I am not saying that we don't have successful women in india and envornment is not conductive for that. though we still have long way to go.

But again i fail to understand the reasons in those "india-born" getting success there and we being happy here! what is our contribution?

Last edited by Suess : 17th May 2012 at 16:24.
Suess is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 16:21   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suess View Post
But again i fail to understand the reasons in those "india-born" getting success there and we being happy here! what is our contribution?
Same reason why we're proud of Indra Nooyi and Lakshmi Mittal and countless of other Indians/ people of Indian origin successful all over the world. Too many to mention.

Because they are of the same origin as us. It is a normal human reaction, you have to admit.

My wife has the same reaction when she sees a successful German anywhere in the world.

Me, I like Padma Lakshmi. Gorgeous, exciting, intelligent woman. I like her EVEN more because she's Indian/ of Indian origin. She makes me proud and I find her terribly interesting.

However my wife doesn't like that fact. lol
Old 4th June 2012, 17:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Same reason why we're proud of Indra Nooyi and Lakshmi Mittal and countless of other Indians/ people of Indian origin successful all over the world. Too many to mention.

Because they are of the same origin as us. It is a normal human reaction, you have to admit.

My wife has the same reaction when she sees a successful German anywhere in the world.

Me, I like Padma Lakshmi. Gorgeous, exciting, intelligent woman. I like her EVEN more because she's Indian/ of Indian origin. She makes me proud and I find her terribly interesting.

However my wife doesn't like that fact. lol
There is a dialogue from some movie(which i don't remember the name of) which goes something like "do we meet n greet every indian on road when in india? then why do we do that when we see some indian(looking) face abroad?"

I can understand being happy about someone achievements but being proud about it just because he/she is of some origin(which is most of the time is of no significance and sometimes, is even hard to establish) is in my opinion just naive.

Padma Lakshmi, i like her too but not because she is indian! She could have been from mars and we would have still liked her for what she is.
Old 4th June 2012, 18:37   #19
BHPian

For us Indians, chances of taking pride is far few and less. So let us enjoy it.
Other than Vishy Anand and Sachin Tendulkar there's no one who can claim to be a world beater.
Hope Saina Nehwal gets into the habit of beating Chinese and be consistent in staying in the top.

More often than not we are left with our head hanging in shame for all wrong reasons
Old 12th October 2012, 14:49   #20
BHPian

I really didn't get this headline in today's (12th Oct 2012) Times Of India as well as on ET. This is the same headline for the same designation title of her (1st Female Team Principal in F1) as the initial post of this thread posted on 12th April 2012.

Source: ET 12th October 2012
Quote:
On Wednesday, she climbed another rung on the ladder when she became F1's first woman team principal, replacing Peter Sauber.
Anyways, a proud moment for every Indian and specially her being the first Bharatiya Nari at F1.

Edit (Now I got it!): The earlier announcement was from Peter Sauber only but was made in advanced saying when he will turn 70 and retire.
Quote:
"My successor is already confirmed. Monisha Kaltenborn is our new team principal. That is certain. She will be the first female team boss in Formula 1 history"

Last edited by iSpoke : 12th October 2012 at 14:56. Reason: corrected
Old 12th October 2012, 15:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Monisha Kalternborn has been in the forefront of the Sauber F1 team since quite a some time,but now she takes over completely from Peter Sauber who retires from day to day activities of his team,just like Frank Williams,Jackie Stewart etc.
Infact at the Inaugural Indian Grand Prix year(2011),Amul India were sponsors for Sauber Team and their cars carries Amul Logos prominently,just to show the indian connect to Monisha !!!!
Old 12th October 2012, 15:34   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Infact at the Inaugural Indian Grand Prix year(2011),Amul India were sponsors for Sauber Team and their cars carries Amul Logos prominently,just to show the indian connect to Monisha !!!!
And pooja was performed to the cars, by breaking coconuts :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks