Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2013, 16:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 F1 - MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ @ Hungary

Yes, that was a typo, but I think he is not too far away from No.4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
I think you mean 3-time world champion
Old 29th July 2013, 16:37   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Did we also witness a new born whiner from the German land who wanted Rocky to cry to Charlie that Kimi is not letting him pass?

So much for a 4-time world champion, the way he was struggling to pass Button & Kimi who were on a weaker strategy at the race was a feast to watch.
Well,I am glad he didnt bark on the radio "I am fasther than kimi"

4 times WC - you already concede the 2013 title to him?
jraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 16:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Easy easy, this is how Whiners start! You know when Alonso screamed he was faster, Vettel is yet to make that move no.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Well,I am glad he didnt bark on the radio "I am fasther than kimi"
Read the above post!

Quote:
4 times WC - you already concede the 2013 title to him?
Old 29th July 2013, 17:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that was a typo, but I think he is not too far away from No.4!
4 is all but done. 5 might be difficult with the new regulations and with Kimi coming there ( I hope I hope !!)
Seriously RBR have become the new force not just with the car but with all kinds of mind games and the lot. I'll eat my words back if Fernando joins the finger man for next year. Lewis's move on Webber was sublime.
Old 29th July 2013, 17:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Hope it helps.
It does. However it did still happen and the penalty following. My argument still stands though, Was it any other team under the same circumstances I can say with almost complete confidence the outcome would have been very different.
Nando was upset about one yellow flag imagine If it was Vettel in his place oh all hell would have broken loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Interesting race & very interesting if you consider that it was Hungaroring. Some fine battles. That Lotus is goood on it's tires. 30+ lap stint by Kimi though he was literally running on fumes.

I couldn't understand Grosjean's penalty. I think it was pretty harsh.

Do you forget how easy Merc got away with illegal testing? I am sure Brawn & Todt haven't forgotten each other.
Hah! Good point asr.

Last edited by Maky : 29th July 2013 at 17:19.
Old 29th July 2013, 20:55   #36
mgh
BHPian

SFI have definitely fallen behind McLaren now.

Mercedes is looking more and more like the only team that can fight Red Bull this year.

Red Bull 4 wins, Mercedes 3 wins, Ferrari 2 wins, Lotus 1 win.

Lewis was smart to switch to Mercedes this year. It is highly unlikely that McLaren will manage even one podium finish this year.
Old 30th July 2013, 08:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

Didn't catch the race fully. But I am so glad that Hamilton won. He was really down but that didn't stop him from grabbing back to back poles. Hope the momentum will continue over the next races to take a big stride over the championship.

And we have the power tracks next. Spa and Monza!

Merc will most probably have a field day.
Old 30th July 2013, 09:16   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
SFI have definitely fallen behind McLaren now.

Mercedes is looking more and more like the only team that can fight Red Bull this year.

Red Bull 4 wins, Mercedes 3 wins, Ferrari 2 wins, Lotus 1 win.

Lewis was smart to switch to Mercedes this year. It is highly unlikely that McLaren will manage even one podium finish this year.
As a McLaren fan, this season is absolutely devastating. But my boat is still one with a tiny hole.
People who root for button or Perez are on a full flung Titanic. I can still get some joy out of Hamilton's success.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 09:27   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
Lewis was smart to switch to Mercedes this year.
I think this was sheer coincidence. How can you be so farsighted about technical things ?

I just wish McLaren was competitive this year. Imagine the field -- you could've had at least 4 guys genuinely within championship fighting scope...the field would've been an absolute slaughterhouse.

BTW I'm not anti hamilton... Alonso and Hamilton are two of my favs.

Similarly, I think Alonso should make a move this year if anything is possible. The way things are at the moment, Alonso makes Ferrari, not Ferrari makes Alonso. This is something Montezemolo should understand till his face resembles Martin Whitmarsh's after hearing Hamilton has dumped McLaren.
D33-PAC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 10:13   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Did we also witness a new born whiner from the German land who wanted Rocky to cry to Charlie that Kimi is not letting him pass?

So much for a 4-time world champion, the way he was struggling to pass Button & Kimi who were on a weaker strategy at the race was a feast to watch.

I think there is no chance for Ferrari to fight for anything this year, the car is way too slow to fight for a podium, let alone championships!
Brilliant drive by Kimi. He definitely showed Vettel who the boss is.

Hungarian GP is one of the hardest tracks in the calendar to execute overtaking maneuvers. Did people overtake? Yes. Did Vettel also make attempts, yes. Sadly he couldn't pull them off as well as some of the others did. I'm sure Vettel has what it takes to overtake -given, the track also assists in making safe overtaking moves.

I am against teams making orders to slow its other driver down to make the driver from behind (who has more points overall) to get a chance at winning the Drivers Championship.

The great Micheal Schumacher also did this in his day. I remember very well this one incident (could be the Hungarian GP), where Barichello had to give up his position which he held from the beginning of the race to Schumy so the later could win the race. Also, I think that would have been Barrichelllos first GP win. Should have seen the sadness on the Brazilian's face.

I feel Teams should not interfere with the Drivers Personal Manager, and that every driver should be given the chance to hold or defend any position they have. This is the pinnacle of motor racing, and these kind of tactics makes it boring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks