Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 21:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Raikkonen to partner Alonso at Ferrari in 2014

The fallout of Kimi' move or just the silly season getting more sillier?

McLaren want Fernando Alonso to rejoin them next season and have made the Ferrari driver their prime target.
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:40   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrebellz View Post
They dont have everything they need yet.
Aren't we all overlooking the car itself ?
We dont have a clue which one of the engines will shine and already we are excited purely by the driver selection.
This is what was missing in the past few seasons. Feels good.
I meant that they have everything in place to make the car a winner. Hiring James Allison, giving Nick Fry a more specific role as compared to running the entire tech team. This should all heed benefits. Its almost the moulding of a new age Brawn-Todt-Bryne era.

Quote:
Resources-wise Ferrari have put together a formidable team
It remains to be seen if Adrian Newey and team outwit the rest of the field again in the development race.
I hope the car is good and ferrari get back to winning chamionships.
Actually, the wish should be that Ferrari, Redbull and Mercedes should have great cars and races should be fought, won or lost on the track.
It would still be a shame if one of them won it from the factory itself.
If that happens, then I hope its Ferrari
I hope Mclaren get into the act as well. Its a bit sad to see them fight with force india and sauber for points.

Seems like RBR may take next year a bit easy. One can see Newey attend every GP and they seem to go quite aggressive on this years car as well. Not to forget that going back to last years tyre compounds have done wonders for RBR. This is just an assumption ofcourse. Besides the engine, the cars do carry a lot from this years design. Going by basic math, that is around .300-.400 in the bag for RBR.
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:50   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I meant that they have everything in place to make the car a winner. .

Not counting the engine front, they have a very good team in place now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I hope Mclaren get into the act as well.
They have Merc engines only for next year right? Then its on to Honda for them. So will they concentrate all of their resources on the 2014 car or split their team between 2014 and 2015 specs.

I know there may not be much of a change in specs from 2014 to 2015, but I am guessing that every engine requires a different supporting role from the components around it. What works for the Mercedes Engine may not be a 100% fit for the Honda. Or am I wrong?

For 2014, 3-way battle - Ferrari-Mercedes-Redbull
For 2015, 4-way battle - Ferrari-Mercedes-Redbull-Mclaren seems likely.

The Engine Design has been frozen for the past few years now. So what would the Design teams be doing all this while? Only optimizing the Engine to work under current specifications seems like an overkill.
More likely, the teams have put in their work into new engine concepts which could not be introduced thanks to the regulation constraints. This effort should translate into real good engines in 2014 from all the manufacturers and give us a spectacle worthy of being called F1
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

The Honda F1 boffins spent a couple of years designing the Diesel which we see in the Amaze. They are free now. Remember the 1200 bhp, Toluene powered monsters of the past. Now with fuel limits, rpm limits and maybe boost limits these will be things of the past.
Old 24th September 2013, 11:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not counting the engine front, they have a very good team in place now.
I expect the engine to be really strong. Ferrari have always chosen the naturally aspirated route, even when the big Turbos were ruling F1 but they have a great engine department.

Quote:
They have Merc engines only for next year right? Then its on to Honda for them. So will they concentrate all of their resources on the 2014 car or split their team between 2014 and 2015 specs.

I know there may not be much of a change in specs from 2014 to 2015, but I am guessing that every engine requires a different supporting role from the components around it. What works for the Mercedes Engine may not be a 100% fit for the Honda. Or am I wrong?
Yes Mclaren will be using Mercedes Turbo engines for one season. It also is true that the packaging detail within the chassis will vary from Mercedes to Honda. They would be splitting their resources for the 2014 and 2015 cars, atleast thats what I assume. Driveability, traction, the way the exhaust gasses flow around the diffuser and rear wing will vary from the Mercedes to the Honda engines.

Marussia, Sauber and Toro Rosso will be using the Ferrari turbo engines. I think Caterham has confirmed a deal with Renault for the next two seasons and Williams already have a contract in place. Force India will continue to use Mercedes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks