Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2013, 10:05   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed View Post
This video linked me to some comments which mentioned about an outstanding documentary 'Senna'. I downloaded it immediately and now need to find some time to watch the drama unfold.

For those who want to know more about Senna. Here's a link which contains a Top Gear tribute to the legend:

pencilbuster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 16:40   #17
BHPian

Re: Video: Ghost of Ayrton Senna, Honda creates it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derezzed View Post
This video linked me to some comments which mentioned about an outstanding documentary 'Senna'. I downloaded it immediately and now need to find some time to watch the drama unfold.
Definitely one of the top 10 documentaries across all genres!
I watched the entire movie at one go (I generally watch a movie on my laptop over multiple sittings).

I love F1 and towards the end of the movie my manly cries started at around 1 hr 34 mins into the video. I had goosebumps all over and it was pure Awesome !!

Senna, you are a legend
Old 21st September 2013, 17:11   #18
BHPian

This video can actually be watched in 3D on youtube.
Thats even more awesome!!
Old 23rd September 2013, 09:23   #19
BHPian

What an amazing video. Plus the expressions on the faces of the people on the stands was amazing.
And yes, everyone should watch the documentary, Senna, and also the Top Gear tribute to him.
Old 23rd September 2013, 18:26   #20
BHPian

BRILLIANT!
That video is just awesome. A great tribute to the greatest F1 driver.

It makes you think of the possibilities with technology.

As for Senna, the movie, it's something that no fan of his should miss. Got the dvd as a birthday gift from my wife this year
Old 23rd September 2013, 18:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Wow, that a video!

I was watching in office and it brought goosebumps. Would have loved to been there to listen in!
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:36   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Why I won't buy a Thar... booked Thar!

Dear Shahidbhai - I humbly thank you for your decision. I am really happy. .

Dear all - let me just share one scene from my favorite episode of "Top Gear", on my favorite and the all time "Ultimate Drivers' Driver", Ayrton Senna!

Martin Brundle - "he knew where the grip was, before he turned into a corner. We can find a tenth of a second, he could find half a second or three quarters of a second. When he came through, we would jump out of the way".

Kimi Raikkonen - "he was so good because he worked on the smallest of details".

Jeremy Clarkson - "look at this Lotus, even racing in a straight line, it is dancing".

Jeremy Clarkson / Martin Brundle describing the "incident" - Jeremy - "Another weapon in Senna's armory was his utter ruthlessness. He would phychologically bury you and finish you. This will to win reached its peak in the Japanese Grand Prix in 1990. Senna would be World Champion, provided his arch rival Alain Prost failed to finish. So, at the first corner, he made sure that Prost failed to finish". Commentator - "Alain Prost has taken the lead, Senna tries to get through on the inside, but its over immediately. This is amazing. Senna goes off at the first corner (so does Prost). That makes Ayrton Senna the World Champion this year". Jeremy - "he did not even brake". Martin - "I mean, at that point, if he wanted to stay in the race, you would have seen two puffs of smoke from his tires. That gap was always going to disappear. He was driving into a disappearing wedge". Jeremy - "after the crash he showed absolutely no contrition".

Senna - "you commit yourself as a professional racing driver that is designed to win races, or you come second or you come third or you come fifth. And I am not designed to come second, third or fifth. I race to win. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a professional racing driver.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 23rd September 2013 at 22:47.
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 09:10   #23
BHPian

When I read the title of this thread on the main Tbhp site, I presumed it to be one of those fake, made-up videos claiming to have captured ghosts on film. Out of curiosity, I just clicked it and man, this is even better than actually seeing a real ghost. Goosebump'd!!
Old 25th September 2013, 12:59   #24
BHPian

No other tribute would justify the might of the man and the machine. This is an absolutely fantastic tribute. Great job, Honda.
Old 25th September 2013, 23:36   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Why I won't buy a Thar... booked Thar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Kimi Raikkonen - "he was so good because he worked on the smallest of details".
Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
That was Mika Hakkinen who said it in the episode, not Kimi
Old 28th September 2013, 09:59   #26
BHPian

For More Info on the project, I would suggest heading over to the following Honda Page

http://www.honda.co.jp/internavi-dot...lab/senna1989/

Have fun !!
Old 30th September 2013, 00:45   #27
BHPian

Had to comment on Ayrton Senna after watching the documentry and the video by Honda.

Honda is known for its creativity and this is creativity at its best. I like Senna for the way he pushes that machine to the limits. I don't think anyone else has ever done it till now like him. I just wish he had not joined William that year. Out of the three races, two ended in retirement and third one in his fatality.

Tribute to Senna. I started taking interest in F1 only after watching him, Nikki and James Hunt in action.
Old 3rd October 2013, 19:44   #28
BHPian

Bringing this thread alive!
I was a big fan of Schumi until 2006, until I saw one video when Schumi was crying like a baby in 2000, when he had equaled Ayrton's record of most wins. Now after 7 years, I'm still a Schumi fan, but Ayrton's gonna be the BEST! His documentary inspired me and I cried a lot. :(
Respect to the Legend, and Honda for remembering him.
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:57   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayr70n_5enna View Post
Bringing this thread alive!
I was a big fan of Schumi until 2006, until I saw one video when Schumi was crying like a baby in 2000, when he had equaled Ayrton's record of most wins. Now after 7 years, I'm still a Schumi fan, but Ayrton's gonna be the BEST! His documentary inspired me and I cried a lot. :(
Respect to the Legend, and Honda for remembering him.
I had seen that video and only then later realised what it meant. Especially coz Schumi used to be a replacement driver for Senna or that is what I think was the reason he cried.
Old 4th October 2013, 07:48   #30
BHPian

For senna fans, there are two documentaries which are a must watch.
1. Right to win
2. A Star named Ayrton Senna da Silva by BBC, this is even better then the Senna movie IMO.

Try hunting for it on google failing which I can share my copy
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks