Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2013, 11:04   #16
BHPian

Re: 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix

Not sure how many of you enjoyed the race - I for one, definitely did. Vettel's dominance notwithstanding, I enjoyed the midfield battles. With rain threatening but eventually not showing up (and a disappointment for most of us I am sure), it must have been a harrowing time for race strategists.
I am not a Vettel fan, but I have to say, Well Done!! It was an awesome year. It remains to be seen how he will face with the V6s and other 2014 changes.
SFI was an overall disappointment, but they did well not to drop further down the pecking order.
Good bye Webber. I hope you have your slot in the sunshine with Indi.
I wish to god that SFI try and get Hulkenberg back. Or is it the race strategist who continually fail SFI?
Now: what to do during this break?
Old 25th November 2013, 13:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Even without the rain, the mere possibility added enough juice to the strategies by different teams. For the first time, I saw cars un-lapping themselves without a safety car intervention. Saw some drivers overtaking Vettel mid way during the race and then the Bottas-Hamilton incident. It was just top drivers running out of tyres waiting for rain so as to avoid an extra pit stop.

If not the Hamilton-Bottas incident, it would have been someone else in another couple of laps as its a tricky situation when cars running a lap down are quicker than most of the front runners and over take them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Damn it! I thought race was at 10:30pm so caught the last 25 laps only.
I did the same mistake on Saturday night and missed the first half of qualifying.

Anyway, it made me brush up my Geography, especially the time zones and the world map. Now I know that South America is actually lying south-east of US and not directly south.
Old 25th November 2013, 14:10   #18
Team-BHP Support

As usual, Vettel ran away to victory, but the fight behind him was pretty interesting. Webber and Alonso changing places a couple of times, old friends Hamilton and Massa’s duel (until the latter got a drive through), Jensen’s revival etc. Overall a good race. Redbull contributed to the fun by bringing Webber’s tyres for Vettel during the pit stop, and making the cars queue up in the pitlane.

Good to see Webber signing off with a strong finish, and happy that Mercedes managed to hang on to the second spot in the WCC.
Old 25th November 2013, 15:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Very disappointing seeing what Massa did. The white lines are there for a reason. His penalty cost Ferrari 2nd place in the Constructors and denied himself a place on the podium. Great drive by Alonso and Sebastian.

Farewell Mark.
The race was very good with the rain and a great writeup too from Anachronix (esp the Kimi pic ).
Now comes the really dry period till March and Wifey is all smiles already. She doesn't have to hear the engine noise.
Damn ! Why can't they have an F1 race in the ice with special tyres during the year end ?
Old 25th November 2013, 22:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Will miss you Mark! Good luck with the Porsche adventure!

2013 Brazilian Grand Prix-redbwebbinte201322886x594.jpg
2013 Brazilian Grand Prix-redbwebbinte201323886x594.jpg
2013 Brazilian Grand Prix-alonwebbinte20136886x590.jpg

Source
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 09:28   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Really, sorry buddy, but I completely disagree with this point. Micheal has clearly passed his prime, he was clearly outscored by Nico when he was racing for Merc in 2012. FYI, Hamilton(187) has more points than Nico(161) this year.

Yes, Micheal is a legend, there is no question about that but don't make comparison like the above, which doesn't make any sense.
Not debating about Lewis and his skills, he is in that position on the WDC because of Kimi's exit, else he would be alongside Roseberg. I am just saying Mercedes GP has not moved ahead, only Ferrari and Mclaren moved back due to whatever reason they know best.

As the season ends with a brilliant race, we bid adieu to the Amazing V8, F1 will not remaing the same, the new era begins 2014, lets wait and watch.

Mark Webber ends his F1 career on a high.

Massa ends his F1 Swansong with the Ferrari.

V8 ends its deafening supremacy.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 26th November 2013 at 09:30.
Old 27th November 2013, 13:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

LOL. Sour grapes.

McLaren thinks they could have had a shot at the podium in Brazil!

Quote:
But judging by the pace that Jenson Button and Sergio Perez showed at Interlagos on Sunday as they finished fourth and sixth, team principal Martin Whitmarsh thinks things could have been different if the pair had started higher than 14th and 19th.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/f...36881--f1.html

There was no way Alonso was going to let Button past him. The way I see it, Alonso drove a sedate race during the second half since he didn't want to deny Webber the second place and was ensuring the chance for Massa to pass him and get the final podium spot was not hampered in case he managed to get back to P4.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 16:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
LOL. Sour grapes.

McLaren thinks they could have had a shot at the podium in Brazil!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/f...36881--f1.html

There was no way Alonso was going to let Button past him. The way I see it, Alonso drove a sedate race during the second half since he didn't want to deny Webber the second place and was ensuring the chance for Massa to pass him and get the final podium spot was not hampered in case he managed to get back to P4.
Alonso was doing everything he could to deny Webber the 2nd place! Red Bulls were too quick, he was right on the edge after Webber overtook him to stay in the DRS window for as long as he could.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks