Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2013, 20:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Here we are at the end of another dominant RedBull season and there is no better place for a year end finale. Unfortunately, the championship is over and there is nothing much to look forward to on that front.

Highlights:
  1. Vettel makes a new record with 9 straight wins and make it 13 wins in a year matching Michael's record of 13 in a season in 2004?
  2. Webber's final race in F1 and how is that going to end?
  3. Rain predicted for Friday & Saturday, chances for rain on Sunday too. Race in Sao Paulo without the tropical rain can be boring sometimes. So keeping my fingers crossed for a wet end to the season
  4. Final race for Massa with the scarlets at home
  5. May be a final race for some of the drivers on the current grid
  6. Do I even need to mention the Brazilian Pit babes. They are definitely a highlight

The circuit:

2013 Brazilian Grand Prix-19_brazil_e_72dpi_png_843180934.png

Brazilian Memories:

2013 Brazilian Grand Prix-621544markwebberbrazil.jpg

2013 Brazilian Grand Prix-kimimaps.jpg

PS: Hope you dont mind me starting the thread for the finale, Pavan.

Last edited by anachronix : 21st November 2013 at 20:14.
anachronix is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 20:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix

And the bad news is that Fox wouldn't be showing the race live on the regular channels.

Raceday starts at 8:30 PM on SS HD2 though.
Old 21st November 2013, 20:57   #3
BHPian

:Phew... The disappointing season comes to an end.
Rains will make things interesting definitely.
Hoping Webber to win the race for 2 reasons (1. Given the fact it is his last F1 race. 2. So that Vettel doesn't surpass Schumi's record of 13 wins)

-Bhargav
Old 21st November 2013, 21:42   #4
BHPian

Though this is the last race for Felipe Massa with prancing horse, I doubt he could impress his home fans considering the last tough weekend in Austin, he struggled to get the tyres working when Alonso who had no such issues and and got best out of it by securing fifth place.
Coming to Webber's last race in Formula one; Interlagos is going to be his last day in paddock as a F1 driver. He had admitted that he has no regrets and says he is glad to leave Formula one since there are more negatives than positives hence he decided to choose a new chapter personally & professionally and also he is looking forward for his extended winter vacations. Nevertheless Webber's couple of poles and three podium in the last four race is another evidence he is still a fast driver!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 22:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

We will also be bidding adieu to these mighty V8s. Will miss the noise for sure.

deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 16:28   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

8 race wins in a row!! Great for Vettel, awful for viewers like us

Still, I will watch the race. Reasons:

- It's not as late at night as the US GP. No compromise on sleep before a work day

- Weather forecast says RAIN

- View Vettel create a new record!

- Final race with sweet V8s. Next year has V6s
Old 22nd November 2013, 17:30   #7
BHPian

https://twitter.com/sanjeevpalar/sta...31297685983232

2013 Brazilian Grand Prix-image3061633401.jpg
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:40   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Here we are at the end of another dominant RedBull season and there is no better place for a year end finale. Unfortunately, the championship is over and there is nothing much to look forward to on that front.

PS: Hope you dont mind me starting the thread for the finale, Pavan.
All yours Buddy,

Well to sum it up, 2013 season was lackluster, Low for Hamilton, he did much less than what Schumi did on his way out at Mercedes. Roseberg was better.

Massa did show some glimpses, but eventually faded, Mclarens and Force India were no good too.

Cant tell more about RedBull and Vettel, they were Awesome as a Team.
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
All yours Buddy,
Well to sum it up, 2013 season was lackluster, Low for Hamilton, he did much less than what Schumi did on his way out at Mercedes. Roseberg was better.
Really, sorry buddy, but I completely disagree with this point. Micheal has clearly passed his prime, he was clearly outscored by Nico when he was racing for Merc in 2012. FYI, Hamilton(187) has more points than Nico(161) this year.

Yes, Micheal is a legend, there is no question about that but don't make comparison like the above, which doesn't make any sense.
ecenandu is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 08:43   #10
Team-BHP Support

Looking forward to the race tonight. There is a lot more than Vettel – last race for Webber, last home race for Massa with Ferrari, and then it’s the final race before F1 embrace the era of downsizing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Trying to understand this statement:

With one race to go, Hamilton is 3rd in drivers’ standings, and Mercedes is 2nd the constructors’ table. Last year they were 5th with the team scoring less than half of what they have scored now. Rosberg is indeed better than last year, but he is currently on 5th place. Still better than Lewis?

Schumi might have done a lot for Team Mercedes, and he is indeed a legend. But he was quite mediocre last year, struggling to be in points, and was languishing in the bottom half.
Old 24th November 2013, 12:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Even if Vettel put in a 1s gap to P2 in the Q3, it'll be a much more interesting race if it rains.

Hoping for a good wet race. That'll ensure anything can happen till the cars cross the chequered flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Rosberg is indeed better than last year, but he is currently on 5th place. Still better than Lewis?
Small correction- Rosberg is in 6th place and would most likely finish the season as 6th unless he gets a win in Brazil.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 23:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

The most interesting race of the season . The rain would have made it more interesting.
Webbers race was good and I wonder how only his pits are always delayed.

A good race to the end the V8 era . I would rather have had a an ex F1 great to do the podium race interview on this last race.
tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 23:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Damn it! I thought race was at 10:30pm so caught the last 25 laps only.

Brazil without a championship battle isn't that interesting. But good to see Mark on the podium in his last F1 race. I would say Vettel has been flawless this season. Can't remember if he made a mistake at all this season.

Wishing for a much more interesting 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I would rather have had a an ex F1 great to do the podium race interview on this last race.
I second that.
asr245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 07:43   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I would rather have had a an ex F1 great to do the podium race interview on this last race.
Maybe David Coulthard, given his time at RBR? Webber and he would really be able to connect - one moved out to make way for Vettel, the other couldn't stand him!
Old 25th November 2013, 10:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Very disappointing seeing what Massa did. The white lines are there for a reason. His penalty cost Ferrari 2nd place in the Constructors and denied himself a place on the podium. Great drive by Alonso and Sebastian.

Farewell Mark.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks