Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2014, 21:04   #16
BHPian

Re: 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring - Race Thread

Cracker of a race! Vet was sandwiched between the two Mercs for quite some time, he drove well but not as good as Ric. It must have been a heart-in-mouth moment for him as well when he skidded on the last turn and would have faced a Perez-like crash. His tyres cushioned him there.

I was happy as far as Ric was stuck behind Ham, the moment he overtook him it was clear he is going to win it. Even after he overtook Alo, just in a very short time he was 4+ secs ahead.

All the podium finishers deserved their respective positions. Great race, all in all.

-Bhargav
Old 27th July 2014, 21:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Great race today.. Lewis looked quite dejected on the podium though, he just shortened the lead!?
Probably not happy that message he got over the radio.

After many ill-lucks , he got in front of Rosberg and was in position to finish higher than him and then gets that message when Rosberg wasn't even close and being blocked by Lewis.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 22:26   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Probably not happy that message he got over the radio.
True! And as someone who is fighting for the championship, he got every reason to feel dejected.

Reaction here
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 03:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Even Raikkonen did a good job to get up to P6 after the disastrous Saturday.
Thought he was rather disappointing. On his final stint he was on much fresher rubber than Massa was doing 1:27s and yet doesn't pass him? He did benefit from the safety car incidents, Vettel's bump into the barrier and some not so bright thinking from Williams sending both drivers on mediums, which didn't work eventually for them.

He should have ended up much higher than sixth. Can't help but relate to how Massa was until last year.
Old 28th July 2014, 06:04   #20
BHPian

Ricciardo impresses me with every outing! It's become a habit to see Lewis drive out of his skin these days and Alonso as always a craft race driver who will take every opportunity. Was so surprised to hear Mercedes ask Lewis to Let Nico through when Nico was way behind and it would have compromised the race for Lewis. Not sure what was going on at Mercedes. If this continues I will not be surprised to see Lewis leave Mercedes!
Old 28th July 2014, 11:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Very exciting race for a Hungarian GP. 1st SC caught the top 3-4 badly but Rosberg should have overtaken Vergne (or was he nursing his brakes? the rears seemed to be smoking) and then he should have been on Hamilton's gearbox to try and push him to wear his tires out faster. That's what lost him the race.

Hamilton had his bad luck neutralised on Sunday. Very very close to losing his wheels at turn 2. 1st SC caught out Rosberg and brought him right on his tail. Team orders? Well, Lewis you reap what you sow. After 2007, being a British driver in a British team, you should expect something back.

RBR's 2 victories this season and both to Ricciardo. Will Vettel be looking for a change? Perhaps to Mercedes. He's probably more German than Rosberg so should be OK.
Old 28th July 2014, 11:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
Ricciardo impresses me with every outing! It's become a habit to see Lewis drive out of his skin these days and Alonso as always a craft race driver who will take every opportunity. Was so surprised to hear Mercedes ask Lewis to Let Nico through when Nico was way behind and it would have compromised the race for Lewis. Not sure what was going on at Mercedes. If this continues I will not be surprised to see Lewis leave Mercedes!
I am shocked at the team orders too. Being a fan of Hamilton this came as a big shocker. I feel Hamilton has played a big role to develop this car for Merc and should have naturally been their 1st driver and not the other way round. If I am Hamilton I would feel cheated.

Also I feel Merc team themselves didnt expect Hamilton to compete for podium and wanted to maximize Rosberg's and team points, but with the help of safety car and brilliant drive Hamiltion managed to do what most cant think of. Being a race driver at heart Hamilton did whet he felt was right against team orders.

Further I can only think of German connect between Rosberg and team Mercedes for the orders?

Alonso and Hamilton have again proved why they have so much fan following. Its like when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. And Riccardo seems to be the next big thing for F1.
Old 28th July 2014, 11:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
If this continues I will not be surprised to see Lewis leave Mercedes!
Merc had always let their drivers all season except this one race. And I've always felt they backed Lewis much more than they did Nico even though the latter is ahead in WDC. And clearly they've been miles ahead of the pack this season. Given all that, I'd be surprised if Lewis does decide to leave.
--
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I can only think of German connect between Rosberg and team Mercedes for the orders?
He is a Swede brought up in Monaco actually

Last edited by narayans80 : 28th July 2014 at 12:00.
Old 28th July 2014, 12:48   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Merc had always let their drivers all season except this one race. And I've always felt they backed Lewis much more than they did Nico even though the latter is ahead in WDC. And clearly they've been miles ahead of the pack this season. Given all that, I'd be surprised if Lewis does decide to leave.
--

He is a Swede brought up in Monaco actually
Please read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nico_Rosberg
Old 28th July 2014, 14:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Exciting race, thanks to the multiple SCs. Otherwise, I suspect that the only excitement would've been provided by Hamilton drive from the back of the field.

Superb race by Ricciardo. He was a bit lucky with the timing of the first SC, but otherwise great drive by him. Well-executed overtakes on both Hamilton and Alonso in the last laps.

Another execellent race for Alonso. I think he was superb in the final stint, going 30+ laps on the same tires and still holding on to 2nd place. Would've probably won if Ricciardo was delayed maybe a lap more by Hamilton.

Very good race for Hamilton as well. He did ignore the team order. Given how it went at the end of the race, Nico probably would've been atleast P2 and extended his lead if Hamilton had let him go. From Hamilton's point of view, he was justified in his actions. But, I think it wouldn't have won him new admirers in the team.

Rosberg and Vettel I think were a bit unlucky in the race, after the first SC. First, the timing of the SC was not favourable to them. Rosberg seemed to be limping for many laps after the SC, maybe due to brake issues. But after that, I think his failure to overtake Vergne sealed his race. Vettel supposedly had wrong engine mode and battery issues for a few laps after the restart, which meant that he was overtaken by both Alonso and Hulkenberg. The spin later didn't help either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Thought he was rather disappointing. On his final stint he was on much fresher rubber than Massa was doing 1:27s and yet doesn't pass him?
Please get your facts right. Kimi was never directly behind Massa with fresher rubber. Last stop for Kimi was at the end of lap 41 and for Massa at the end of lap 45.
Old 29th July 2014, 07:52   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome race!!! Alonso and Hamilton once again showed that they belong to a different league of racers whether its an average car or starting from the pit lane.

And Riciardo is the find of this season. In the last 5 races, he has scored 78 points against Roseberg's 80 and Hamilton's 73.

Force India seems to be in a downward spiral. Hope they are able to catch up after this break.
Old 29th July 2014, 09:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

JV is generally a bit extreme in his views, but I tend to agree with him here
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...amiltons_race/
Hatari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 10:57   #28
BHPian

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...144401838.html

This is going to be interesting! If Mercedes goes with Nico then I am 100% sure Lewis will move after his contract ends. Lewis is a fantastic driver and lot of people waiting to snap him up.
Old 30th July 2014, 11:33   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
And Riciardo is the find of this season. In the last 5 races, he has scored 78 points against Roseberg's 80 and Hamilton's 73
That is a nice data point, thanks for sharing it. One only wonders what might have been if he didn't get zero points in the first 2 races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
JV is generally a bit extreme in his views, but I tend to agree with him here
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...amiltons_race/
I've not read any of JVs other statements, but this one is quite logical, and one I agree with. I've got an opinion forming that Rosberg's arrogance has been increasing across the season, in tone, words and deeds.
Old 30th July 2014, 12:44   #30
BHPian

Regarding Mercedes if Hamilton is not pleased and moves out it will also be a blow to Mercedes. Hamilton has been a pivot in designing the existing car and knows every bit of it. He will take all this knowledge to the competitors. And we all know how Hamilton has influenced positive and negative development of a car. Merc when he joined and Mclaren when he left, coincidence? may be!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks