Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 10:09   #31
BHPian

Re: 2014 Belgian GP - Circuit of Spa Francorchamps - Race Thread

Actually very happy for Kimi one of my favourite drivers. Other than that Riccardo is only proving what i had indicated at the start of the season.. that Vettel is finding this Aussie too hot to handle.

Now if the FIA strips Rosberg of points it will show spine specially since he has admitted he did it to prove a point but i doubt that will happen.
Old 25th August 2014, 10:19   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Exactly what i was thinking. Ricciardo is 64 points behind at the moment. Last race winner gets 50 points. If Rosberg/Hamilton collide again, even 50 point lead can be wiped off. Also remember Ricciardo's 2nd place was taken away in Aus after his car was disqualified. I only hope Ricciardo doesn't lose it by less than 18 points in the end.

Rosberg is being cocky, when he says he did it (not avoiding contact) to prove a point. He is not going to win any supporters like that. And we know how Lewis likes to play the victim card always. So we can expect some off-track action!

Happy that Kimi finally had a clean race all by himself and was able to show what he can do. He/Ferrari need to keep this going if Ferrari can think of winning again. Ferrari have been betting on the wrong horse for quite some time.
DR has to do it alone and I wish he does it. It will make it one of the best WDC wins in recent times eclipsing Vettels feats. And he can expect no help from him. Gets interesting.

Last edited by Blue_V : 25th August 2014 at 10:21.
Old 25th August 2014, 11:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hamilton playing the victim card again? I say yes.

I thought the incident was a racing incident. Rosberg had half a car alongside Hamilton and was probably trying to go outside him. Lewis knew he was there and my initial thoughts were that he didn't give Nico enough space. But everyone thought otherwise. Why was this incident not investigated? Does the team need to appeal for an investigation?

Nico didn't do it on purpose. The point he was probably trying to make is that Hamilton should not get into the habit of cutting him off (Bahrain 14) or push him off the track (Hungary 14).

And why is it legal to push drivers off the track the way Mag pushed off Jenson yesterday (and Hami to Ros in Hungary)? Both of them were pretty much alongside the defending drivers when they were pushed off.

I think Merc is very soon going to decide the race victor by Sat performance. With Ric jumping on every chance Merc loses, they might be nervous about losing the WDC.
Old 25th August 2014, 12:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Niki Lauda, a three-time F1 world champion and non-executive chairman for Mercedes, was also critical of Rosberg.

"It is unacceptable for me that, in the second lap, Nico hits Lewis," said the Austrian, who said there would be a team meeting later on Sunday to discuss the incident.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/28920554

Lewis was the leading driver who was on the racing line, you cant put your nose at every gap and expect the leading driver to move over. I was surprised that the stewards didnt review this incident, Rosberg gained an advantage my cutting off his direct championship contender more than his teammate for FIA to be interested.

Every time Rosberg gets mixed with the pack, he is proving that he is just an average driver in a phenomenally fast car and as equally dirty on the track.

I would enjoy watching both the Mercs take out each other and let the smiling australian have a go at the championship. Both Lewis & Rosberg dont deserve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Hamilton playing the victim card again? I say yes.

I thought the incident was a racing incident. Rosberg had half a car alongside Hamilton and was probably trying to go outside him.
anachronix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 16:18   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I see a pattern with Rosberg in Monaco he parked his car causing a yellow flag which ruined lewis qualifying and now this.
Old 25th August 2014, 17:11   #36
Team-BHP Support

I guess its a case of self-awareness for Nico; maybe he know that he cannot continue to be in the lead with straight-forward driving. And obviously there is an air of arrogance that the team will support him through this.
Old 25th August 2014, 17:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Niki Lauda, a three-time F1 world champion and non-executive chairman for Mercedes, was also critical of Rosberg.

"It is unacceptable for me that, in the second lap, Nico hits Lewis," said the Austrian, who said there would be a team meeting later on Sunday to discuss the incident.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/28920554
Yes, I read everything Niki & Toto said before I posted. "Everyone" included them. Infact, Niki also said it was unacceptable in the 2nd lap. Towards the final laps, maybe.

Back in Monza 2012, Vettel ran Alonso wide (T3-4 I think). Alonso was alongside by at most half a car and Vettel took his normal line. Alonso ran wide and Vettel was penalised. Ok, it was Monza and Alonso drives for Ferrari but this looked similar.

Anyway, maybe it's because I want Hami to lose.
Old 25th August 2014, 19:06   #38
BHPian

I missed the first 7 laps so missed the Merc incidents.
That man Bottas, he knows how to drive! Definitely Champion material!
Nice to see Riccardo with his nice full emotions smile all over his face! Awesome drive!
Sad about the SFIs. They just cant finish properly! I dont know what they need to challenge podiums. They have good enough drivers, Hulkenberg and Perez are in no way sub-standard drivers. I only hope they finish in the podiums atleast once this year.
Other than that, lap 7 till lap lap 39 was quite boring for me. The scrap for places in the last 4/5 laps was interesting.
Old 25th August 2014, 20:00   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, with double points for the last race and considering the current difference of 64 points between Ric and Ros, there is a slight chance for Ric as well. But he should be very consistent to reduce the gap before the last race.

Points from last 6 races,
Ric: 102 (3 Wins)
Ros: 98 (2 Wins)
Ham:73 (1 Win)
Old 26th August 2014, 00:55   #40
BHPian

RIC has good chances of taking the fight if he manages to be consistent within the podium places and wins the Abu Dhabhi GP.
Old 26th August 2014, 14:30   #41
BHPian

Hamilton is still not out of it. One win for him and a subsequent retirement for Nico is what is required to bring back the fight to par. I think it is bound to happen sometime soon. Also, surely the FIA should strip this race's points from Nico considering "he said he could have avoided it, he said 'I did it to prove a point'." What more proof is required than this to prove he created a deliberate incident on the track!

Alonso - one of my favorites and so feel sad for him. Definitely WDC material but due to a not-so-good car, he continues to suffer year after year. Till last year it was the Red Bulls and now it's the Mercs.

Ricciardo - he's showing that he's got what it takes. Surely WDC in the near future.

Looking forward to the next race very eagerly!
Old 26th August 2014, 19:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

It was very bad of Nico to spoil Hammys race. However it was good to see the Iceman back. His fastest laps showed that he has still got the spunk to teach a thing or two to the lads.

Coming back to Merc, it was a shamefull moment for Merc, Drivers fighting within the team and the Aussie took the flag. Feels good to see different drivers winning after so many seasons of only Vettel all throughout.

But i should also mention that when Schumi had those on the trot wins, i never felt so bored
Old 26th August 2014, 22:42   #43
BHPian

Well, in my opinion, the tussle between Hamilton and Rosberg was a pure racing incident. I dont see why Rosberg should be fined for that move. We have seen more outrageous moves and people have gotten away with that. Here, we had 2 very good drivers fighting for the championship with a lot steam built up on either sides. Team should have intervened and should have forseen something like this. I think Hamilton is going through exactly what Alonso went through while he was at McLaren. So called Number One driver not exactly getting the special treatment because the other driver overshadows him on the race track
Old 27th August 2014, 06:58   #44
BHPian

Hamlton had to yield or Rosberg had to yield. Does the driver ahead get the benefit-of-being-ahead ? Anyone can just stick their nose and wait for the driver in front to yield or crash. I think thats what happened. Hamilton should have done a little bit more to avoid getting hit. And Rosberg had the bigger task, he just thought what the heck , im not backing off !
Old 27th August 2014, 08:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

FIA will not re-open Rosberg/Hamilton Spa collision investigation

Quote:
The FIA's own stewards had already looked at the Rosberg/Hamilton accident during the GP on Sunday, but decided that it was nothing more than a racing incident.

A mid-season change of policy*, where punishments for drivers are only handed down in the event of a party being wholly to blame for a crash, meant there were insufficient grounds for Rosberg to be punished.
*Policy change: FIA to back off on collision investigations to make drivers more willing to battle hard

All I can say is that Nico is very lucky. Let's see if it lasts the entire season.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks